Gameloft Sale! (Let's Golf, Asphalt 4: $0.99)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sceneshifter, Jun 16, 2009.

1. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    Thats very true. It definitely is a good last hurrah to make a lot more money on games that just were drying out on sales. The other thing for Asphalt 4 is this. Real Racing came out and is doing really well, and Need for Speed dropped its price. They need to make a business move and still some of the competition away. Gameloft knows people will finally buy Asphalt 4 at $0.99. People will try it and like it and be more inclined to buy Asphalt 5 when it comes out probably sometime in the next week is my guess. I will be purchasing in the next hour Lets Golf (need to finish studying and doing homework. I don't need any distractions). Asphalt I don't think I care enough for even at $0.99 since I can get Real Racing if I want to.

2. greenhornet9

greenhornet9 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2009
    so would anyone recommend getting lets golf and tiger woods for a total of $8? It seems pretty cheap to get both but if i get one, do i really need the other?

3. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Wow. I'm shocked. Off to download let's golf, I guess.

4. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    #44 dmbfan1192, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
    So this is my updated list of companies to not buy from until their games hit $0.99:

Pangea
    Nimblebit (wait for freebie)
    Popcap
    Skyworks
    Glu
    Playcreek
    Tag Games
    Nitako
    Mika Mobile
    Limbic Software
    Origen8
    Xpressed
    Area/Code
    John Kooistra
    Gameloft
    Freeverse
    Digital Chocolate
    Real Arcade
    DigDog
    Blazing Lizard
    Birdsoft
    I-Play
    Artificial Life
    Blue Ox
    HD Publishing
    Streaming Colour
    Neptune Interactive
    ProWeb
    Brisk Mobile
    Connect2Media
    99 Games

Tell me the ones I forgot please.

5. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Just played Let's Golf, And the replay value for only 99 cents is amazing. This game is really fun!

6. dmbfan1192

Mar 13, 2009
    You've been playing Let's Golf for not more than a couple of hours and already know its replay value?

7. greenhornet9

greenhornet9 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2009
    so does anybody recommend both tiger woods and lets golf at their sale prices? Would i need both or is one good enough?

8. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Seriously?

9. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    What im saying is that for 99 cents youll get a lot more gameplay than most 99 cent gamesand that this is a steal.

10. dmbfan1192

Mar 13, 2009
    Yes. I've lost more than $50 from these companies alone. I'm not angry because it was my choice to buy but I'm just keeping it in mind.

11. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  12. FilthyCanadian

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    It's because of people like you that these developers have to put their apps down to 99 cents.

13. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI

Freeverse
    Digital Chocolate
    Real Arcade
    DigDog
    Blazing Lizard

14. dmbfan1192

Mar 13, 2009
    #54 dmbfan1192, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
    I thought like that until I saw the bill. Don't blame me, blame the market. I wouldn't expect price drops if they didn't come every minute. Until this becomes a serious market where devs keep their prices consistent and keep the quality up, I will play the game. Ngmoco is the only company that I can take seriously. They have had some sales but their games have kept quality up and kept prices up until they had to steadily decrease it. EA is also a quality developer that consistently brings out quality games at normal prices. They also do sales but normally bring the price back up after. I cannot think of any other developer like ngmoco and EA. Even Chillingo has had about half success and half failure with bringing out quality games.

Thanks

15. FilthyCanadian

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    If people like you didn't think like this, the price drops wouldn't come every minute.

16. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Oh wow... Let's Golf? That's great.

17. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Birdsoft
    I-Play
    Artificial Life
    Blue Ox
    HD Publishing
    Streaming Colour
    Neptune Interactive
    ProWeb
    Brisk Mobile
    Connect2Media
    99 Games

18. dmbfan1192

Mar 13, 2009
    Added. I almost feel bad but maybe this will make developers that visit the forum think twice about $0.99 sales. I can't wait until more big guys come in to make some quality games like EA is doing. I am also excited about indies like Firemint and ngmoco which are going to be leaders in the App market. Frankly, I used to be a big indie supporter, but there is a limit to the amount of match 3's and TD's that I can purchase. Maybe they can partner up and make some kickass games because Star Defense has proven that we have hit the limit of the TD market. It was incredible but everybody already has at least 2 TDs. Most importantly, I hope that some of them will find some money to invest in better marketing. The AppStore created this $0.99 game thinking but I believe that the previously stated companies are helping it head in the right direction.

19. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    To tell you the truth, I obviously, a consumer, like price drops, but to protect the app store industry and competition over prices between apps, iTunes should abolish price changes. Put the price where you want it, and that's it. But, I love getting the occasional steal! But devs are going crazy because they need to drop to a dollar since their competition is.

20. APPyhourreviews

APPyhourreviews Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    im wondering the same thing. About the price drops, I think its a good idea. After a while, every game drops in price on every console. Plus, it allows the little guys to change their prices after they make a mistake with an original price.