Gameloft + Unreal Engine 3

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by BrainGame, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I am not rating it because of its title, but is an original title seriously too much to expect from one of the biggest AppStore developers?

And I don't want those titles coming to it. I want good, original games. I want the actually creative indie developers getting a chance here.

2. leslie2233

leslie2233 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    you got that right

3. MrThreeCats

MrThreeCats Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Can't wait to see games that are larger than 2GB.

Either that or games like "Real Golf" that would just look like a glorified tech demo like Infinity Blade.

4. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Why? It doesn't mean it's going to be a better game.

5. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Similar titles makes ppl think about those games and more or less what to expect. I Stanton recognition so to speak.

You speak like indie developers dont get a chance....While not all of them find success, others do (doodle jump/angry birds?). Not everyone is gonna strike gold. But there's plenty that do

6. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Whatever title that includes anything about "combat", "fight", "gun", "war" or ANY of that stuff would make people think about something like that.

I'm just saying that some indie games are a lot higher quality than games by big companies and still don't get any/enough recognition.

7. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I hate users on here who come and bash every Gameloft game there is. Without them, many of the 'epic' games we see on iOS won't be here. Get over it and go post somewhere else.

Back on topic - I just hope Gameloft don't give up on this UE3 if Epic is asking too much of a slice if the profit.

8. WunDaii

Have you seen the top 5 places in the App Store lately? That's pretty damn original.

9. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Not planning to get over it. I can freely post my opinion, and I think that I can do that is a fairly intelligent way.

10. WunDaii

Sure, but posting it in every thread about Gameloft is really unnecessary. I think there's a whole thread dedicated on the topic, no? If so, go ahead and post it in there because people who are actually interested in the developers can have a clean discussion.

And you aren't the only one, Balu. In fact, you're one of the few that Gameloft-bashers/haters that actually talks intelligently.

11. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Will do, soon. I'm just too tired today to enter a bigger discussion about this, and when I'm tired my English gets a lot worse, which might give some people a wrong first impression over there. And now I have no idea why I'm sharing this. : D

Actually, I don't really consider myself a GL hater. It's much more that I hate to see games that I could've loved with just a little more originality or ideas.

12. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Pardon the pun, but..

[​IMG]

13. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Finally. their no physics engine no lighting engine was beginning to piss me off. Dead Space had a decent physics engine and nice lighting.

This better mean absolutely no support for anything under 3rd gen.

I want reflections, dynamic shadows, super high resolution 3D textures, and anti-aliasing. Also the dual core Apple A5 chip coming in 2 days should be taken full advantage of.

14. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    About f**king time!

sorry to dissapoint but thts the iPad 2 iphone 5 is released in late june

15. leslie2233

Dec 12, 2010
    I really think that gameloft should make a new Gangstar with the unreal engine graphics & a new Modern Combat 3. Because Modern combat is truly the best FPS on the app store (not N.O.V.A 2) & Gangstar 2 was the best open world game but it has really bad graphics & laggy voice acting but think about how beautiful it would look like with Unreal Engine 3. I think if Gameloft starts using this engine EA should start since they don't rip off & have actual first party titles.

16. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Assuming some of the upcoming URE games are sequels, what do you suppose they could be? Nova 3 is a safe bet, and so is Modern Combat 3. A Blades of Fury would look fantastic with the new visuals. Dungeon Hunter 3, Eternal Legacy 2 and Sacred Odyssey 2 would be INCREDIBLE with the new engine.

I'm also still hoping for a Mass Effect 2 knockoff.
    And hopefully you'll pay $10-15 dollars for all that.

17. leslie2233

Dec 12, 2010
    Hell yeah, that's what i'm talking about (Unreal engine doesn't work on anything below 3rd gen). Plus if the new iPhone/iPod touch/iPad is dual core they have better specs to use. But that might mean games that are bigger than 2 gigs & infinity Blade was only 500mbs & starfront is 1.21 gigs.

18. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    You're annoying... piss off.

19. leslie2233

Dec 12, 2010
    Gameloft please make those two games a Mass effect & Gears of war clone (they might get sued by epic for using their own engine to clone their own game) but I need mass effect & gears of war.

20. MrThreeCats

MrThreeCats Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2011
    I really don't think that their UE3 game is going to be something like NOVA or MC or even Gangstar.

So far we've seen 3 Unreal Engine games on the iPhone (from what I know of); Epic Citadel, Infinity Blade, and Dungeon Defenders. Two are essentially tech demos, and the other is a top-down tower defense game that for a while was riddled with technical problems (maybe UE3 isn't so easy to develop for, but I'm sure Gameloft have the skill to put it to good use). If Gameloft is planning on creating a huge game like Gangstar or NOVA, then it certainly isn't gonna look anywhere near as good as Infinity Blade. IB looked amazing because it was an on-rails game (whoa, revolutionary). This way they were able to make the small area that your adventurer travels through as good looking as possible. Dungeon Defenders isn't on-rails, but it certainly doesn't look as good as IB.

This is why I don't think Gameloft will be making a large world game using UE3. We'll probably get another Real Golf or Real Soccer game that will have a couple of beautiful-looking fields and that's it. Heck, if we're lucky we may even get Asphalt 7. An open-world game like Gangstar 3? Heck no.