Gameloft's new FPS: Nova

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Slapshot, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Now, why the hell would TA do such a thing?

2. MaskU2See

MaskU2See Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
    Going to be an instant buy for me.
    Halo is one of my all time favorite games.

3. Gamingfun

Gamingfun Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Well personally I think whoever makes a 3D game totally ripped off Sonic 3s bonus stages. I mean geez who do these people think they are. Plus any game that has a jump button really has no idea of what originality is let alone a button to shoot something. Psh... amateurs

4. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    how many of you think its been submitted or is close to submission(one or two weeks)

5. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Wow not even close to being relevent. Good try though.

6. Gamingfun

Gamingfun Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    #86 Gamingfun, Sep 9, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
    Probably close to submission as they are most likely using the same engine as Modern Conflict

edit: actually very relevant as every game made is just a basic rip off of the standard practice of game design :) you are using the same arguments people try to use to say Mario ripped off Ratchet and Clank

7. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Haha, I have a feeling that we are never going to reach a conclusion to this argument because I feel the same. Every comment before this I felt you slipping closer and closer to the edge, ready for me to flying-ninja kick you off, and then you have to say that I'm doing the same thing. Great.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I do see the similarities in the UI, however I do not feel that there are enough BIG things to make it so that it looks like Gang$tar is blatantly copying GTA in that matter (note, that I didn't say Gang$tar was an original concept). In fact, as far as I've seen, you're the only one that thinks this.

EDIT: That being said, I still like you, even if you are a deuche :p

8. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Nevermind.

9. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you

10. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    That's actually the perfect answer.

11. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Too good to be true!!!!! Wow!

12. radchad1

radchad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    #92 radchad1, Sep 9, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
    Wait. I'm so confused so does that mean I should stop playing rock band or guitar hero. Both of those games are really similar in the concept and design. Wait should I also stop playing every fighting game since they all have the same concept as well beat the other character on the screen. No wait do I also stop playing every FPS? The concepts and design on those are also so similar. I don't know what to do anymore. Maybe it's because one way or another every single damn developer in some way or another borrows from another developer. Gameloft is no different that say Namco borrowing ideas on games from Sega. Every gameloft naysayer whines or they copied this or copied that. Welcome to real world as every company borrows ideas from everyone else.

13. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    I bet Ngmoco thought they had the game (Eliminate) to beat Gameloft's best games yesterday, today: they're probably crapping themselves.

14. dpashkin

dpashkin Active Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Damn, that's a lot of crap ya'll have written here.

I'm not even gonna go through it all, but one thing amazes me, is everybody here is really so simple, that they can only think in binary? I, personaly, never said that I hated, boycotted or hoped that Gameloft fails, no. I only critisized the company on some shortcomings. Hell, if anyone noticed, i couldn't decide on how to feel about the company, because i do own and enjoy their games.

Now, what to me seems like a real problem, is an extreme degradation of standrads. For some reason, all of a sudden, it became 100% acceptable to copy paste a game(basic gameplay, visual design, story elements) to a different platform and noone says anything. That can be fine, if it's a good clone, but we should still be able to point out the fact that it's a blatant rip off, up to the name(modern combat? Really?) and not end up in minority.

Look, Gameloft obviously have a lot of talented people working for them, great artists, interface designers, coders, etc. Why won't they build an original IP? My respect towards them would really jump if they do that

15. radchad1

radchad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois

So, does that mean these games is a rip off of GTA and the list is State of Emergency, Mafia, The Godfather, Saints Row 1 & 2, The Warriors, True Crimes and Crackdown. Wait I forgot one Scarface. So those are all similar and one way or another could be considered copies of GTA.

16. dpashkin

dpashkin Active Member

Jul 14, 2009
    most of them are. But do you really not see how Gameloft is putting out clone after clone liberally "borrowing" ideas and design ?

17. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    That settles it.

Gameloft is officially on a mission to bankrupt the world.

Gotta admire this kind of determination

18. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Someone just brought up Modern Combat, and I think Gameloft could've handled it differently.

Basically, they could've just put the Brothers in Arms IP on the game. I mean...honestly. UbiSoft is Gameloft's sister company, after all. And making it a BiA branded game probably would've helped sales over using a new IP. The latter is what Nintendo is always pulling with their IPs. Mario's mug isn't just on his main platformer series, after all. And I do remember the Big N basically forcing Rare (when Rare was a Nintendo 2nd party developer) to graft the Star Fox IP onto Rare's Dinosaur Planet.

19. Deminis

Deminis Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Wow

Gameloft is the shit.
    Ledeuche guy?...well Douche it up somewhere else. kthbye

20. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Yay! A companion in debating!