Gameloft's new games - from gamescom in Germany

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by diabolus, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I love Motorcycles. I also love sports cars. I will be likely to get both if I can. The best part is going to be the wifi. You and I should get this and race each other, LBG. :) I just wonder if there's free roam. Probably not, since it hasn't been done before in the Asphalt series.

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Motorcycles....fuuuuuuuu..

I guess I'll be buying both Asphalt 5 and NFS: Shift.

3. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Yup. Me too. :(

4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Sure, I'd love to kick your a$$ on my ducati 1098 :D
    Doubt there will be free roam, but it would be nice if they did include it.
    I am pretty sure that they will include online multiplayer in the initial release.
    I mean, they said online multiplayer would be included on the 2009 keynote, so they wouldn't want to lie to the devs, and all the millions of people who have watched the keynote.

They said the game 'would come shipped with 27 cars and 4 motorcycles'.
    Anyone know what the 4 motorcycles are?
    And another thing, they also said that there would be vechicle packs that you could download as an in-app purchase. I'm guessing they mean that there will be more vehicles to buy on top of the 27 cars and 4 motorcycles.

5. CaseyLay

Jul 13, 2009
    I'm just going to buy Asphalt 5. I do plan to get SSX though.

6. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Screens look very cool. Gameloft is setting a pretty high standard here. Definitely keeping an eye out for these.

7. diabolus

diabolus Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Photographer
    Switzerland
    I hope that Asphalt 5 will not be lke other Asphalts, where our car is driving like a tank through the city, hitting and crashing everything on the way like a super war machine and without any damage or even physical effects of crashes...

8. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Yeah they seem too focussed on the new features and graphics - i'm concerned they won't actually improve the gameplay, which was my major issue with 4. The physics engine in 4 was truly awful and when combined with the sloppy controls, the driving just felt wrong. On top of that the drift and boost mechanics were lame. But hey, at least it'll look pretty! :p

9. CaseyLay

Jul 13, 2009
    #69 CaseyLay, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
    I heard that Asphalt 1, 2, and 3 were good. Maybe the problem was just Gameloft being new on the iPhone at the time. Maybe, it's the fact that most iPhone gamers are spoiled and have high standards. For an example, most all iPod Touch users think that Asphalt 4 was an utter failure while most of my DS gamer friends think it's great on the DS. Maybe it's just Gameloft negativity, since NFS and most other racing games on the iPhone played the same.

I don't know what to think about Asphalt 4, since I've never played it. But I have played their later release, Ferrari GT, which, personally, I found to be a very solid game. Nice graphics (at the time), fun races, and good physics to boot. My only problem with it was it didn't feel like I was going as fast as the speedometer told me I was going.

10. diabolus

diabolus Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Photographer
    Switzerland
    More Asphalt 5 Screens!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. twilightknight

twilightknight Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
  12. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    New kart shrek vid:

13. CaseyLay

Jul 13, 2009
    How pretty! Now we just need videos of the new Asphalt.

14. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Looks like a nice mario kart type game.