iPhone GamePress create, share, and play games on iPad.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by VPrime, Apr 2, 2013.

1. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

I just thought I would update this thread.
    We're still busy working away on GamePress. We're coming closer to releasing it.

We are now looking for even more people to try out GamePress...
    So I would like to announce a small contest.

This is a contest for beta testers, so message me to sign up as a tester!

Use the GamePress beta to create some awesome games and share them to the GamePress Arcade to be entered for your chance to win a $50 iTunes giftcard!
    -Make some awesome games
    -Top 5 games will be chosen by us and displayed on the facebook page for fans to vote on
    -Game with the most votes wins the gift card.

Be sure to follow us on twitter @GamePressApp
    and like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/gamepressapp

2. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    #22 copaeci, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    When the contest will begin and how long is that?
    I'm interest to sign up, but I'll be busy till July 4. :(

Can't resist with this one... Signed up.. I'll use my weekend for playing this :eek:

3. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

Contest will start within the next few days. Once we get some more people on board for testing.

As for the end date, it will most likely be end of june or early july. It depends on how many people we get on board!

4. Presty6

Presty6 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2013
    I want to sign up for the beta, but I need to get something cleared up, is this a universal app or iPad exclusive.

5. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

It is an iPad exclusive. Plan is to have the GamePress arcade available for iPhone as well, but that is only to play games not make them.

We're also planning on releasing for Android, but right now our focus is the iPad.

6. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    I would help but I only have an iPod touch:(

7. Thaumite

Thaumite Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
  8. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    This is an awesome idea. Once RPGs can be done I'll be very interested. I hope long term you have plans for more modern graphics too.

Have you thought about offering network stuff down the line? That'd be huge.

9. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

New and better graphics are very high on the priority list. One thing we also want to implement down the road is an in app shop where users can buy and sell artwork, music, and other game assets.
    This way if you're an awesome artist you can sell your stuff right through GamePress. But this is a little further down the todo list :)

As for network stuff do you mean multiplayer? Multiplayer is tricky to make easy. It would definitely be amazing to have it, but making it seamless and easy for the end user will be difficult. Something that requires a lot of R&D on our part... But it is something we're constantly thinking about ;)

10. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Nice! I wonder if you'll have any problems with Apple's dev program.

11. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

We're already approved. We sent in multiple test builds with "questionable" areas.

12. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    When's the beta build coming? I'm waiting to make things :D

13. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

Tonight for sure :)

14. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Any slots for beta testers still open? Very intregued by this!

15. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

Yep, send me a PM with your email and I will send you an invite.

Also I should note, iPad 1 is not supported. iPad 2,3,4,mini only.

16. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Thanks! :D

17. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Got the build! Downloading! :D

18. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Looks awesome, any idea when it is released? Im going to put cool ideas on this app :).

Question: Do we get to put our own characters in the game that we draw on your app? So we can't copy and paste.

19. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #39 oooooomonkey, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    Not sure if I should reply here or send you an email but I can't get the interactive tutorial working, when the app starts it says do you want the tutorial and before I have time to click anything that app crashes then when you open it again you can use the app normally but there's no tutorial.

Seems its something to do with the Facebook login as when I pressed don't login in its working now.

20. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

We'll be doing a soft launch in select app store in a few weeks to test our platform and make sure its ready for a large launch.. Don't have a date when it will be available globally, but it will be very soon.

As for importing. You can import custom graphics. So if you make them on your computer, find them online or how ever else, you can import them and use them within GamePress.

If your interested you can PM me your email and I'll add you to the beta. You will have access for the next build.

Got your feedback trough testflight. For others please submit feedback through testflightapp.com
    Thanks!