iPhone GamePress create, share, and play games on iPad.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by VPrime, Apr 2, 2013.

1. mrcoachs

mrcoachs New Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Beta Testing

Hey, I sent a Facebook message a few weeks back and asked if you guys still needed betas. Not sure if you still do, but I would love the chance. I have tested before and I plan to use this in my classroom. I am a teacher and teach game design to 8 grade students. Thanks. Looking forward to this app

2. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

Sorry must have missed your facebook message.
    I replied to you PM though!

3. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #43 bigrand1, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
    Oh yeah! I totally know what you mean! ????????????
    Like the nickname, though.. ;)

Mod - DON'T REPLY or quote spam

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hehe you got told off :p

5. waffer15

waffer15 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I was wondering if i could get a beta link. The contest tou said would end soon and i really want to try this out. I think ive watched the video almost 50 times it looks so amazing. My email is [email protected].

6. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    Whens the next build going to be available?

7. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

Hey Waffer sent off an invite. Make you you add your iPad to your account or you won't have access the next build.
    New build we're hoping to have out some time this week. No exact date yet sorry.

Also the contest hasn't officially begun. Beta users just have early access to get used to the tools and make some cool stuff.

8. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    Thanks. You dont even understand how excited i was when i saw the email. I am looking forward to the next build so i can make some sweet games!

9. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    I know what your thinking. Oh no why wont this guy stop posting. But i need to make sure of something. Is there any way of you knowing if my email is on your next build. My email is [email protected]. Sorry again. I need this game and i cant wait until the final release. Your game looks amazing. I use gamesalad a lot and this looks similar with the rules and all. Cant wait!

10. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

Haha no problem, we're happy you're excited :).

I sent the invite out and it said you accepted... So unless that wasn't you it went the the wrong person ;).

As soon as the new build is up (hopefully later this week) you will get an email automatically through testflight.

11. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    It would be the most fantastic day of my life if you posted a build tonight. I would never turn off my ipad for the rest of tomorrow

12. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    Will we be able to form any kind of AI. Like path finding or something like that?

13. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

Build won't be tonight, as there are some things we need to change from the last test.

Regarding AI, you can't do path finding right now. AI is on our list of things to do in a following release.
    For now you can follow objets, and combine various moves with an "if" statement to create rudimentary AI for games.

As we progress more behaviours will be added to make certain parts of game creation easier..... Like AI.

14. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    Can we add animations pf our own that can be used for running and jumping

15. ipad2user

ipad2user Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    Would be good if we could make games other than top down shooters and platformers.

How about RPG games like the early 2d zelda games?

16. betonos

betonos New Member

Jun 27, 2013
    TestFlight access

Looks promising! Can you add me to your TestFlight?

17. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    Is there a way for me to get the build that is already available. I am really keen to play this

18. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

Yes. You can import your own images, and if you have a multi frame image you can import each frame and load it into the play animation behaviour to make a custom animation.

As time goes on we will expanding this toolset to make it easier and more powerful.

RPG games like the older zelda games fall under the top down category.
    You can make those. We currently don't have any behaviours in place to make melee combat for you, but with some creativity you can do it from scratch (linking other behaviours together).

We also don't have nay artwork for a zelda like game, so we can't really showcase this...

Send me a PM with your email.

Unfortunately thats impossible. How it works is your iPads UDID is added to each build. Once that build is already uploaded we can't add more UDIDs to it.

But we're getting close. Should be by the end of the weekend or early next week.

19. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    Thanks for replying. One more question. I saw in earlier posts that you guys were submitting the app at the end of April. That obviously didn't happen, but why did you do that. Was it so you guys could make the app easier to use? Also how long was the app in the Canadian appsore for. I can't even bieleve I missed it. I saw u said that you guys did a soft launch in Canada.

20. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

It was because we were trying to make it easier and better. The app was functional at that time, but we weren't happy with it so had to make some changes.
    At the same time we also moved our offices. So a mix between the 2 really delayed the launch.

As for how long it was in the Canadian app store.. only a few days. Goal was to test out a certain part of our app that we couldn't do privately.