iPhone GamePress create, share, and play games on iPad.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by VPrime, Apr 2, 2013.

1. waffer15

waffer15 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Is there gonna be more than just that alien dude that have walking animations and jumping,etc. like the alien in the video had the jumping and walking. So are there gonna be other characters with built in animations. Also is their snow animations and rain, fire stuff like that. And last question. Are we gonna be able to use attributes and such. Like ' if blank = 0 do this, otherwise do this'? Thanks sorry for all the questions crammed into this post. Hopefully I will be answering my own questions early next week, if the build is released.

2. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

Right now I believe we have around 14 characters that have full walk/run/hit/jump animations. Total of 34 animated characters..

We have an included particle editor, so with this particle editor you can do special effects like rain, snow, fire, explosions.. etc. It can briefly be seen in our video (~45 seconds in).

Yes, we have some advanced things like If statements.

No problem on the questions, we're happy to see people excited about GamePress.

3. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    I know you guys Probobly don't have an easy way to do this in your app. But with the tools you give us, would someone with tones of time and effort be able to create a top down shooter of sorts. Like a birds eye view where someone could walk around and shoot a weapon? Maybe even have some enemies that you can shoot?

4. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

Actually top down shooters are easy with GamePress.

The Joystick controlled behaviour has properties allowing you to control an objects rotation. You can also adjust gravity to work for top down games.

We also have a "shoot" behaviour which automatically adds shooting projectiles. You can control how many shoot, how fast, spread between bullets..... lots of options.

You can actually watch some tutorials we have uploaded (many more to come) so you get a better idea of some things.

http://www.youtube.com/gamepressapp

5. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    #65 waffer15, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
    Wow! I never thought you guys would have that yet. This app is going to be even better now.do you have any top down characters? And are we able to make scenes. Like a menu where we can press start and it will take us into the game? Also do you think the build will be ready by tonight?

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm testing this at the minute and the amount of things you can fiddle with is crazy, way more than I was expecting, there really doesn't seem like there's much you couldn't do, all that's needed would be the right amount of time and planning.
    At first it seems way complicated but its one of those things where you slowly figure things out bit by bit, I kind of felt the same way about little big planet where the more I made the more I learned.

7. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    Do they have any top down character models yet? Just wondering. I want to make a top down zombie game

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    No but you can import any picture you like from your camera roll and crop it to how ever you want in game, so what I do is use a program on my iPad to draw something (I'm using sketch rolls then take a screen shot of my sketch) then import that into the app and crop it so its the size I want my character/item/wall or whatever you want it as.
    So you could use any pictures you draw your self or I suppose you can use any pictures you find online so long as you avoid copyrighted ones.

9. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    Are we getting a build tonight or sometime tomorrow?

10. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

Thanks oooooomonkey for answering the questions :)

For topDown characters none yet, there are spaceships and stuff for a shooter, but no topdown characters. We're hoping to get some for launch, but this is not too high on our priorities since users can import their own graphics.

As for a build tonight, unlikely. With an application of this scale its very difficult to make sure all major issues are fixed for a stable test.
    We don't want to rush it and and cause bugs that make your testing not provide accurate results.

As soon as the build is up testflight will send you an email :)

11. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    Do you think the build will be out this week

12. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    I restored my device the other day. I downloaded the test flight profile and I still have the same email. Will this cause any problems with getting the next build.

13. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

Nope. The build goes by your device UDID.

We'll also have a build out tonight. It won't have all the changes we were hoping, but it is fairly stable :)

14. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    Did you already send it out? If you have I believe I didn't accept your request in time. If I did, oh well...

15. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

Not yet. Getting ready to upload it now.
    You will have access. :)

16. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    It's OK, I'd rather wait and get a good product than rush it and be all buggy. Take your time (even though I can hardly stand it) and make it great!!

17. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    Woo hoop! I will make amazing games, I will also post feedback here. Unless something goes wrong.

18. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    The app is amazing. But I have a couple questions. I want to make so when I press a button, a character spawns. But I don't see anywhere that it says when button press. Also whenever I try and erase the background from a picture. The app crashes. I have to just tap, which isn't that bad, but I would like to be able to draw.

19. mrcoachs

mrcoachs New Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Still not sure if I am accepted

I have signed up for test flight but I am still not receiving any notification of new builds. You said you had a new build go live last night, but instill don't see it. Any suggestions. I am foaming at the mouth here to get my hands on this beta.

20. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    Is there a way to make a character follow an object, even after it moves.