iPhone GamePress create, share, and play games on iPad.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by VPrime, Apr 2, 2013.

1. waderain

waderain Active Member

Feb 3, 2013
    yuma, az
    I have test flight, are you still accepting testers?

2. RathcoM

RathcoM Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Hey wafer, check out these behaviours:

[​IMG]

The Make Passable behaviour makes game objects passable so it won't run into other objects, and the hide graphic will just hide your object!

If you have trouble with your main character still hitting other things (even though its hidden, use the disable object behaviour for that to not happen, and then the enable object once you want him to leave the car.)

Let me know how that works for you!

- Behroz

3. waffer15

waffer15 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    What do I do when I want him to stay with the car so he gets out next to it.

4. RathcoM

RathcoM Member

Jul 6, 2013
    #104 RathcoM, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
    You can use the "Move To Object" behaviour under the "Motion" category when you first get in the car, and then immediately use the "Weld Attach" behaviour so your player is stuck to the car. We will be making behaviours like "Follow Object" to make this process easier in the future, but for now that should work for you!

Hope that helps.

Edit:

Be sure to use the "Detach Object" behaviour on your main character (with nothing selected for object B) when you want to leave your car. And if the Weld Attach behaviour gives you trouble with moving around, try Rope or Spring Attach instead.

5. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

Not right now, sorry.:)

Also, just sent out an update to all testers. Along with the update we have our forum up you can access it from www.gamepressapp.com/forum
    Feel free to post questions, comments, or suggestions.

6. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    How many people have a beta because it seems like there is only me oooooooomonkey and you guys on their. Do lots of people have it but there not submitting games to the arcade

7. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

There are about 30 people on the beta, but they are not sharing any games to the arcade.

8. mrcoachs

mrcoachs New Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I am in the beta and I just got my first build the other day. Right now I am learning to use the UI and trying to figure everything out. I am at the point right now where I am still learning, but ready to start implementing some ideas. I am also a teacher and trying to establish how easy this is for students (8th grade) to use. I am getting everything typed up properly before I post any ideas to the forum and pm the developers, but I check the forum and here every day. I am working on a level for a side scroller idea I had called Vik Conquers All about a viking (our school mascot) who's ship has been destroyed in a storm and must travel through a strange land to collect material to rebuild it. He receives assistance from various Norse gods who grant him powers to help in his adventures. The learning curve is where I am at right now, trying to teach myself how to implement some of these ideas. Will share more later.

9. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    You'll get the hang of it quickly. I'm just going into ninth grade and I think I have a really good understanding of everything. At first it kinda feels confusing. But really it isn't. You can go into a lot of depth with games. I've only had the build a week now an dive made some cool games. You can check them out. They are zombie town and zombie house. Can't wait to see how your Viking game turns out.

10. killerham

killerham Member

Jul 3, 2013
    #110 killerham, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
    I've posted screenshots of what I'm working on in the GamePress forums. It will be up on the arcade soon!

Edit:

Theres a video of it on the forums too.

11. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I would like to announce the Gamepress Hackathon!

On July 15 we'll be hosting a small hackathon in Manhattan (New York) where you will have the chance to win some awesome prizes like an iPad Mini!

The only rule is you must use GamePress to make your games. When you arrive to the event, the latest beta of GamePress will be installed on your iPad!
    When you register, you will be sent a link to get early access to GamePress so you can start playing with GamePress.

There will be food, beverages, and prizes.

There is no cost to enter, but we only have room for 25 people.
    So the hackathon is only for the first 25 people to register! You will be sent a confirmation if you have been accepted :)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eLIwxpK6SECZEbvCOStsBdPNUwkfpAZp-FQGQ-sV_RQ/viewform

12. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    Are people gonna post their games on the arcade because I would love to see other people's games because no one is posting anything on the arcade.

13. avcx

avcx New Member

Mar 25, 2013
    I tried to post a game Ive been working on but the arcade won't let me download or post games! #

14. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    Does it just say there is an error

15. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    What if we register and can't make it to New York?

16. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

That is the goal. We want to have some games in the arcade before launch.

Can you send me a pm? Is there an error youa re getting? Make sure you have the latest version from testflight as we have made some huge changes on the backend of the server in the last couple of updates.

It is an in person event only.
    We will be having some contests going on within the app.. There will be one right on launch for you to be able to win a iTunes gift card.
    I posted about it a few pages back.

One of our goals is to hold many competitions within the app, so users can win some awesome prizes. But this will happen after it officially launches :)

17. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    I'm having trouble testing a game I'm making. Every time in press play, the whole srcreen just goes black. Also when do you think you will launch the app?

18. VPrime

VPrime Well-Known Member

Hmm, thats weird.. Can you take a screenshot and post it to our forums along with any other info that may help. As well as sharing the game so we can see if it happens on our end.

As for when, very soon. But I don't want to give a date just yet, as everytime I do something happens and it gets delayed. ;)

Also, avcx can you message us about any issues you are having? it would really help out so we can fix them!
    You can message me here, use the in-app feedback submission, submit through testflight, or sign up on our forums at www.gamepressapp.com/forum/

Thanks!

19. waffer15

Jun 24, 2013
    I posted my game for you to look at. I really want to finish it. What do you think the problem is?

20. killerham

killerham Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Hey waffer15,

It's an issue on our part. On the tank that you have screen to object behaviour, making the duration anything but zero will fix it. So make it a really tiny number like 0.1.