Games that women love

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by fairlady, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    I'm looking forward to the day that doesn't need to be repeatedly stated. :)

2. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    My aunt likes dual stick shooters! She pwns at Meteor Blitz and iDracula

3. Fe1

Fe1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Heh. That almost sounds, Touchgamer, like every single app you've ever bought is on your iDevice. Are they? Because only 120 of each of the ones I choose are on each of the 11 pages, of each of the 3 iDevices I own.

4. Fe1

Fe1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    #104 Fe1, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
    But I did that only yesterday to each. There was absolutely no problem. Did you know that when you restore an iPhone/Touch, it retains the exact programmes and preferences you had on there, without adding all the apps?

The most effort I had was to rearrange the Home screen just like I had it before. Easy.

edit: Ahh. You wrote "Restoring as new". Don't worry. The new iTunes 9 doesn't automatically default (as the previous versions did) to install all the apps. You just tick the ones you want. I asked that very question to an Apple rep yesterday, before I restored my iDevices.

5. Fe1

Fe1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Oh, was the poster referring to my collection? Making some kind of sexist and homophobic derogatory reference at the same time? Well, don't worry. He's probably only 12 and worked really hard mowing the lawn to be able to afford Doom Classic and Peggle.

6. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    :eek::confused::confused: :rolleyes: You are kidding right??!!

*Rolling eyes* Dear God...

7. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Yes so true. LOL. Some people apparently haven't realized that this is the 21st century and girls play video games. I think we have left quite a few people behind and they just have to catch up to the rest of us! :p

8. Fe1

Fe1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    The comments on this thread by guys have been completely innocuous. Sometimes they're like, "yeah girls like cute games" which may be insulting to Gloria Steinem and her crew, but not to me.

But THAT remark you quoted was really insulting on many levels, to his forum colleagues. It adds zilch to the discussion but does expose him for what he is. Immature.

9. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    This thread is useless

10. Fe1

Fe1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Can you explain why? You're a Senior Poster and presumably not a troll, so I'm interested in hearing your reasons.

11. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    #111 jecebn, Nov 6, 2009
    @Fe1 - Most girls (myself included) like many of the same games/ types of games that guys do. Basically the only thing this thread is accomplishing is a back-and-forth arguement stating whether or not that fact is true.

It would be equally useless to create a thread discussing what games guys love. Gender really isn't an important part of the equation - different types of people like different types of games, regardless of gender.

That is why this thread is useless.

12. Fe1

Fe1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    I understand and rather suspected that was the case, BTW.

I don't know Fairlady's reasons, but I believe that female gaming posters are seen as almost nonexistent in the minds of many. So to quell any doubts that there are loads of women on TouchArcade who furthermore have varied tastes from the violent to the cutesy, I am guessing she believed the thread would serve a dual purpose: exposure and reinforcement.

13. debtOFskittles

debtOFskittles Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    boost led to sex

14. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I too wondered why a female would even make up such a post because it seems so absurd in 2009 but you could be right about your guess.

I am baffled by some who honestly have no idea that there are A LOT more female gamers than they can imagine. Well, this is their wake up call.

15. Fe1

Fe1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    #115 Fe1, Nov 6, 2009
    Also, not to speak about Fairlady as if she weren't even reading her thread, but I know many women who are outnumbered by men in their chosen profession (think, academia) -- sometimes they are frustrated by the sense that they are seen as irrelevant because their numbers are small. That translates as lacking the same talent or skilllevel as men, to many men. It's telling that Fairlady is a developer herself, and I'm sure getting a foothold in the gaming industry wasn't an easy thing for a woman.

So the reasons may have been generational and occupational.

Or maybe she just wanted to know what games we like. :p

16. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    #116 jyhjyh, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    My games in random order:

Thirty One, Crystal Alliance, Fieldrunners, Besiegement, CritterDefense, geoDefense, The Creeps, EyeBlast, Tangris, Pigs A Pop'n, Oil Spill, Fling, reMovem, Mr. Bounce, iFarkle, Bridges, Durak, Blockhouse, LineUp Pro, Candy, Rich Diamond, Tangram Pro, Melon Golf, EnjoySudoku, Solobon, Sliders, Drop7, Storm Attack, Smiles, Fuzzle, Trism, EyeSpy, Neverputt, MetaSquares, Blockstar, Catcha Mouse 1+2, Bloons, Flipside, PicGrid, Invisible Links, Wheeler's Treasure, Totemo, Aqua Globs, Sentinel: Mars Defense, Deadshot, iConfined, Sparkz, Neanderbal, Boxi, DodgeDot, SuperBlast, Gunrazor, iDropDead, Blubble, Nerts, Str8ts, BlockDrop, PinballMini, Spikey, Rat On Run, CreepyTown, Blubble, Hearts Solo.

I only regret Wheeler's Treasure (not fun, just hard work) and Invisible Links (not fun trying to remember the patterns in the white paper).

On my wishlist:
    Squareball, iDracula, Skabooki, Ragdoll Blaster, Hive, Defender Chronicles, geoDefense Swarm, Vexed, Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor, Vanguard Storm, 7 Cities, Mr. Mahjong touch, KENKEN: Train Your Brain, iTilt, Alio the Woodcutter, Reiner Knizia's Knights of Charlemagne, Songram, Hanto, DrawRace, Hegehogs, Jungle Bloxx, SET, Backgammon NJ, Kyodai, Reiner Knizia's Roto, Reiner Knizia's Monumental, Adubble, Peggle.

17. gelas_plastik

gelas_plastik Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    my wife love to play Aurora Feint and Bejewelled, so my conclusion is they love puzzle games that involves some kind of expensive stone and jewel ..

typical wife nowdays .. always go for bling bling ..

18. Dylan1696

Dylan1696 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Photographer/Graphic Designer/Electronics engineer
    Debbie did it here in '78
    Unfortunately, you are right in the mark.......Wives these days..... :(

19. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Not to speak for fairlady but I believe she made the thread to help spark some ideas as she is a dev as well. Now, I said this earlier but there were immature comments to get us sidetracked, the thread MIGHT read - games that appeal to NON GAMERS. If you are a guy OR A GAL and a gamer you are going to like the same kinds of games. Period, end of story, if some little 12 year old wants to disagree my only response will be wait a few years and get back to me and then you will come to your senses.

However, my mother, not a gamer by ANY means, loves Spazzle. That might be the REAL question - what games would attract a non gamer to play them?

20. ladybag

ladybag Member

Nov 6, 2009
    guess it highly depends on a woman ))) my roommate will scare a cut-throat, no wonder she adores all kinds of gunfires. So .... how to generalize?