Games to play with the wifey?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kiranb28, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    #21 Drucifer, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
    Glad you are liking Carcassonne. I'm a huge fan and the iPod version was the first one I ever played, since buying it I have went out and actually purchased the board game. :D

I recently purchased Zooloretto which is based on another board game and it does offer pass and play for up to 4 players. Unfortunately as someone else pointed out to me in the Zooloretto thread it is currently not working with iOS 4.

Catan also offers pass and play and is pretty easy to learn, but like Carcassonne it is hard to master.

Orbital has a nice 2 player mode. ;)

Flight Control and Harbor Master are a couple fun games where you can just keep playing to try and beat the others high score.

Peggle might be another fun option as it does have a duel mode and you can compete for high scores.

Blokus is actually a really fun strategy game but unfortunately it does not offer pass and play. The only multiplayer it has is local multiplayer with WiFi or Bluetooth and online with 3G. Very disappointing but if they update it in the near future it would then be worth looking into. :(

2. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
  3. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    or

SlotZ :D

4. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Peggle
    Plants VS Zombies
    Flight Control
    Harbour Master
    The Creeps

5. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010

Thank you for the detailed suggestions. I can imagine manual score-keeping becoming tedious in the physical board game though; thank god for automation :)

I had my eye on Zooloretto because of the positive reviews a few months ago; sad to hear it's not working on OS4. Is it fun/interesting though? Similar to Carcassonne in any way? Graphics/gameplay/tutorial decent? Might pick it up when it gets patched.

Catan - checked out the description and screenshots, looks a bit intimidating for something both of us could enjoy together. Looks similar to Heroes of Might and Magic?

Orbital - it's the first time i've heard of this game - will keep it on the backburner for if/when it goes on sale :)

Gee... how do you play?

6. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    LMAO. Does that have OpenFeint?

7. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I haven't played much of Zooloretto yet but it is pretty easy to get into and understand. I'm actually really glad I bought it.

Catan isn't as intimidating as it looks. It is another board game with pretty simple rules. Since there is no lite version to let you try the game in advance you can check out the interative tutorial on the following website do decide if it looks appealing to you. http://www.profeasy.com/Settlers_Boardgame/

BTW, Orbital is actually really fun. You basically shoot shoot orbs into the playing area, when the orb comes to a stop it expands until it hits another orb or a wall. Once the orb expands it will have the number 3 on it which drops each time you hit it with a new orb you shoot. The game is altered by gravity which affects the way the orbs interact with other orbs. Kind of hard to explain but I'm pretty sure there is a lite version that you can try out first. There is also a "Pure" mode that removes the gravity and a "Supernova" mode where the orbs take 5 hits instead but will cause a chain reaction causing near orbs to also take a hit once you destoy one.

8. polarsolstice

polarsolstice Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    heh heh why would you play games with her. you know you've got better things to do with her:cool:

9. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    While we're having coffee outdoors at a store? Doubtful :eek:

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I was gonna say that s the first reply to this thread but I thought it'd be alittle too inappropriate -.-...

11. redbotsoftware

redbotsoftware Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    iPhone App Developer
    SF Bay Area
    Words with Friends. Play it all the time with the wife. Easy to play, we can take our time with it.

12. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    For those who have played Cascassone, you can play pass n play on the ipad right ? I just see multipayer with wifi and BT listed.

13. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Carcassonne on the iPod/iPhone is the exact same as the iPad version. They aren't releasing two seperate apps so when it is updated the same app will be universal.

To play Pass and Play just create a local game and add more human players to the game. But it now before the universal app comes out and the price bumps up to $9.99. :D

Also just so you know my friend owns an iPad and we have played Pass and Play on it. We also played online using one iPod one iPad. ;)

14. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    #34 cranker, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
    Thanks. I am not really into very involving board games but I have been tempted by this one for a while now :)

I will pick it up !

For those with an ipad, here are some multiplayer games I have been enjoying:

Hoops Madness HD
    Spit
    Boggle HD
    Glow Hockey
    Chance HD (for kids)
    Connect 4 (EA)
    10 Pin Shuffle (great 2P action on ANY idevice)
    Dizzypad HD
    What's the difference HD
    Marble Mixer (awesome game)

Some of these games have versions for the ipod touch and iphone but most are best suited to the bigger screen on the ipad.

15. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    no problem, man

16. colbertj

colbertj Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    College Professor
    Massachusetts
    Game to play with the wife?

Just about to get a free 15 dollar itunes gift card from the market and was thinking of fun mutiplayer games to play with the wife. Any suggestions? Depict has treated us well, but itching for something new!

17. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    You should defiantly try tilt to live. My little brother and I take turns try to beat each others score. The games are quick, but fun and sometimes frantic!

18. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    Hope people don't use facetalk like that...

19. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I think they will for sure! It's a no brainer for couples who don't live together. <.<