Games with compelling stories?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iReal, Jul 27, 2010.

1. wonderbear

wonderbear Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I'd suggest Gamebook Adventures 1: An Assassin in Orlandes. If you haven't played a gamebook before its like a choose your own adventure book, where you make decisions on what your character will do next. Its certainly not an action oriented game, but if you want a story this is what this game is all about.

There is a good amount of replay based on following different paths to discover more information that fleshes things out.

2. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Enviro-Bear 2010.

3. iReal

iReal Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    I actually have this game. One of the greater stories in the app store. Not to mention best controls I've seen on the device.

4. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Broken Sword

Monkey Island

Beneath a Steel Sky

Zeno... ni... ah, nevermind :p

5. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars.

6. agent59512935

agent59512935 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    If you want to check out some of the best-written video games of all time get Frotz and put a bunch of classic Infocom games on. Not everyone can get into text adventure games, but you might be surprised, there is a lot of richness there. You can have the PDF manuals and other materials in Goodreader or similar for reference and to add to the experience.

7. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    The witcher on PC is for me the game with the best written game I ever played and from far.

I'm curently playing Dracula The Path of the Dragon HD, that's a good story with a good writting quality. Very good game.

8. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Across age (has been mentioned already)
    Rayman 2 (it's a port of the original PC Rayman 2, and the story is awesome. It can get quite frustrating at some points, mainly because you can't save during one level, so you have to either complete the level or you lose your progress on that level)