Games you want to see on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by blakespot, May 25, 2008.

1. Mahaa93

Mahaa93 Well-Known Member

Who exactly are you telling to "port this"? There is no way in hell COD4 will be appearing on the iPhone. I personally would like to see gunbound/worms on the App store.

2. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    tower bloxx!!!!!!!!!

3. Oma

Oma Well-Known Member

I would like a Runescape-like game on the iPod.
    I think it would be a big hit ^^

4. JohnS3

JohnS3 Member

Jul 31, 2008
    #184 JohnS3, Dec 22, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  5. esfrost

esfrost Member

Dec 22, 2008
  6. illucius

illucius Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I want to see Contra on the iPhone!

7. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    I'd like Contra or Castlevania myself, but I would be very happy to see a World of Goo - it would be very well suited to the iPhone!

8. JohnS3

JohnS3 Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Yeah, World of Goo has been mentioned, the devs say there's a possibility that they would port it.

9. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    more first person shooters like cude and more racing games (that are 3d) and more war fist person shooter (like the one by gameloft)

10. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Here are some games that should come to the app store for iTouch/iPhone, and soon. They aren't "I wish they would make" sorts of things, but rather games already on iTunes, but for the non-touch/phone iPod devices. Porting them over, and upgrading them, shouldn't be too difficult, as some have already been (CSI: Miami, iirc):

Phase - by Harmonix, creators of the Guitar Hero series. Think Tap Tap Revenge and Dance, but with the ability to play to your own music library. Oh, and there are slightly different controls.

Song Summoner: Unsung Heroes - now that Square/Enix has developed that Final Fantasy Crystal Defenders game, they should get to work porting over this original iPod RPG to the touch/phone. Use your playlist to create characters.

Gameloft should get cracking on bringing Mystery Mansion Pinball and Naval Battle over from the other iPods to the touch/phone. Also, even though it's not on the iPod at all, they should also look into bringing over Castle of Magic. I've heard some good things about that platformer.

Sega needs to get on the ball as well. You'd figure they'd have more stuff out than Super Monkey Ball, seeing as how they more than any other game development company have experience developing games that use PowerVR GPUs. I'm hoping for Sega Rally, Jet Set Radio, Panzer Dragoon, REZ, Space Harrier, Shining Force (a real Shining Force game. Has to be turn based strategy RPG), and, hell, maybe a little Phantasy Star.

11. Destinite

Destinite New Member

Dec 22, 2008
    After seeing how well Warfare Inc. works on the iPhone, nothing would make me happier than to see Syndicate or Syndicate Wars ported over. God, that would be awesome.

And I cosign on World of Goo.

12. rhurrle

rhurrle New Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Master of Orion

I would like to see Moo I and Moo II but not a remake of Moo III. Here's some more... Iron Helix, Rise of the Triad, Faceball 2000, Warcraft I, and Quake 2. I'd pay some good money for these!

13. Boleje

Boleje Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Turnbased RPG - something like Might & Magic 3-5 or Bards Tale would be awsome.
    Axis and Allies
    Heroes of Might and Magic III
    Magic the Gathering

14. spacerage

spacerage Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
  15. Deadlock

Deadlock Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Age of Empires port.

16. Maeks

Maeks Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    After the failure of Vay, I'd love to see some of the SNES Square games on the iPhone/Touch.

While it's a stretch, and most likely will not happen, unlike Mario and other Nintendo offerings, it is not an impossibility.

But man, how awesome would TIE Fighter or X-Wing be? Seriously.

17. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    GeneRally:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlBhQq8gOEM

6 player (or single player with AI) top down racing game. There are literally thousands of cars and tracks on the forum to download. The PC version download is like only 2MB large. Its a shame that the original developers are no longer around supporting this game. But I would love to see this or something similar on the iPhone.

18. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    If someone made a port of Settlers II (owned by Ubisoft, Gameloft made a port for regular cellphones a while back), I'd write this person a blank f*cking check.

Seriously. MORE STRATEGY GAMES ON THE IPHONE PLEASE.

19. czh

czh Member

Dec 20, 2008
    that would be sweet. also there is age of ampire on windows mobile, if microsoft can port it to iphone that would rock.

20. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    #200 iKoda, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008