Games you want to see on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by blakespot, May 25, 2008.

1. ipodtouchme

ipodtouchme New Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Games I wanna see

I wanna see VirtuaCop, Nights into Dreams, Final Fantasy, Area 51 Shooter, Sonic the Hedgehog, Daytona USA, Sewer Shark, Panzer Dragoon Saga

2. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    KATAMARI DAMACY anyone?! =P

You know it would be awesome! DO IT!

3. ChemicalWeather

ChemicalWeather Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    would be awesome, but again, having a larger gaming company create a game for the iPhone may take a while

4. Tophat Trick

Tophat Trick New Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Various Titles Held
    Somewhere in the U.S. of A
    #124 Tophat Trick, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
    My Vote For (Technically Possible) Games On The iPhone

Shenmue, the Chao A.L.I.F.E. simulator from Sonic Adventure 2, Mirror's Edge ( I know this is a stretch but with the right dev it could reach Breakdown levels of awesome ) The DS Final Fantasy remakes but with high quality visuals NO JAGGIES! But of course I'm sure that one is just a mater of time... Portal, this is also a stretch but... I've got it on good authority that Valve is considering it. Midnight Club, also very doable. StarCraft & WarCraft come on you know you want it, and also proabably really really capable of being technically done, but since Bilzzard doesn't do other systems as of yet, I'd settle for a nice HD version of Warlocked or even ( I'm not sure I got the name right ) Moon Patrol. Uhmmm lets see... oh and my all time number one vote for the ultimate iPhone game? Easy, Skies of Arcadia Legends, sooooo easily doable spec wise and controls, touch for battles and a switched perspective touch and go similar to a Diablo or Vay but also with a classic view too come on you KNOW you want Skies! Oh snap! I know what would be perfect for iPhone! REZ! YES!
    www.kotakuite.com
    TT

5. stevenhall

stevenhall Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Track & Field

Coming to this thread late, but Track & Field would be just perfect.

6. JohnS3

JohnS3 Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Okami

I'm bringing this up for the second time, but anyone who's ever heard of Okami or played it on a ps2 or wii knows that its an awesome game. Its just a masterpiece, and with a couple of on-screen buttons, possibly accelerometer integration, and the obvious touch screen "celestial brush", this game would be a hit. A spin off instead of a port would probably be best though.

7. lisa

lisa Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Yeah I agree Rez would be great. iphonegamesnetwork.com has a feature on dreamcast games that should come to iPhone. Plus a Wii games feature too. With the iPhone have similar tilt controls to the Wii it only a matter of time before we get some crossover, surely :)

8. JohnS3

JohnS3 Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Dreamcast

this isnt exactly a game, but I would love to see a Dreamcast Emulator on Installer or Cydia. I would only get it if that add on controller that people were talking about in another thread would work with it. Hopefully the controller gets cheaper soon too. edit: accelerometer compatibilty would be a nice bonus too.

9. Killquake

Killquake Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Lost Cities card game could be pretty cool like on xbox live.
    Loco Roco would be awesome with accelerometer control.
    Braid would be pretty cool.

Alot more games i cant think of right now

WoW for the iPhone, i can see it now :p

10. ldkaplan

ldkaplan Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    I'd like to see an updated Bard's Tale.

11. palenoue

palenoue Member

Aug 18, 2008
  12. ccspark120

ccspark120 Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Super mario 64!!!!!!!!

I would really liketo see the original supermario on the iPhone/iPod touch you could SLIGHTLY lean it forward(don't. Want it tohave another starsmasher incesent) jump by tapping double tap=doulble jump and so on.

13. ffmba3n

ffmba3n New Member

Aug 26, 2008
    old mac game bunny killer

i would love to see the old mac game bunny killer on the iphone. i loved playing that. if you don't know what that is it was a game on the old mac that you would just pick different ways to kill a bunny like a gun or a blender and it would then kill the bunny in that manner. some one should make it.

14. dlogik

dlogik Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2008
    #134 dlogik, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
    Quinn, Gradius, & Commander Keen

Yaya...three separate genres...

But with Tris going out, wonder how easy it would be to port Quinn to the iPhone platform?

Also...anyone see a Gradius-ish type scroller in the works coming down the pipeline anytime soon?

And just for shits and giggles...not sure if it's been mentioned, but the classic Commander Keen series would be a stellar addition, even if Fez is in the works for iPhone (fingers crossed).

15. MacTheSpoon

MacTheSpoon New Member

Aug 26, 2008
    I'd love to see KOTOR, and also see people create some brand new turn-based RPGs, too. They would be a great fit for the iPhone.

16. QuarterSwede

QuarterSwede Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Colorado Springs, CO
    #136 QuarterSwede, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
    I doubt anyone's mentioned it but since playing Vay, I think Lufia (Snes RPG) would be perfect for the iPhone/iPod Touch.

17. ldkaplan

ldkaplan Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Yeah, Commander Keen would be awesome!

18. OmniGeno

OmniGeno Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Agreed. But perhaps Lufia II would be better. Sorry, I'm biased toward Rise of the Sinistrals. :)

19. JohnS3

JohnS3 Member

Jul 31, 2008
    I'd like to see a castle defence game.

20. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    yes!!!! I would love to see a super mario adventure game kinda thing also!!!! I love mario games!!!! I would pay like 20 bucks for a descent controlled and graphic Super Mario 64 Port (even if it was a direct port, i can play that game forever):D:D:D:D