Games you want to see on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by blakespot, May 25, 2008.

1. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    Intellivision!

The screen is about right for the overlay but I dont know how you would incorporate the side buttons and the wheel. I would love to play Night Stalker, Frog Bog, D&D (both ones), Utopia, Burger Time, He-Man, Bump N Jump and the best of all ASTROSMASH! ...Also any great 3D-FPS would be welcome.

2. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    PANDEMONIUM...as a fantastic looking platformer... should be no prob.

3. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

4. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Sonic the Hedgehog

5. teagan1000000

teagan1000000 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    where to start

games that I think would b awesome and run on the iPod touch are: bloons tower defence 3, pokemon style rpg, any real time stratigy game with 3d graphics and a game like legend of zelda windwaker

6. Liljeberg

Liljeberg Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Graphic Designer / IT Support
    Sweden
  7. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Rise of nations & call of duty

8. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    This would be awesome! Armado was a great game but very short, Pandemonium is a game in the same spirit.

9. biscotti

biscotti New Member

Nov 19, 2008
    LOCO ROCO, please! It's such an amazing game.

10. darwiniandude

darwiniandude Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
  11. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Drug Wars

Maybe not the greatest of games, but I always loved playing Drug Wars on my Palm when I was on long flights. Although I remember getting some strange looks when I got frustrated one game and sad, "Crap what just happened to the price of Cocaine?!" a little too loudly. Doubtful that Apple would let it go through...

12. powderski11

powderski11 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    I've already said this but not on the right thread. I think Need for Madness would be awesome on the iphone/itouch.

13. brewstermax

Ok. These two are the ones that I am dying to see. They are interactive buddy and Insaniquarium. Interactive buddy (for those who don't know) is a game in which you basically beat up a bunch of circles shaped as a very rotund person. Insaniquarium is made by Popcap Games, so this one may actually land, as Popcap is active in the App Store. It is a game where you try to keep fish alive, against your own carnivorous fish and monsters such as lionfish and aliens. It is extremely fun and could easily be ported to iPhone. Both are online flash games. You can find both here and here

Both are really good time wasters and would be great on iPhone

14. SydneyS

SydneyS Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
  15. flyingflettner

flyingflettner New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Pokemon (all of them) blue, red, yellow, saphire, ruby, i would probably buy them if you would also be able to exchange pokemon and do pokemon fights via multiplayer/wifi. also sonic the hedgehog, GTA, worms would be awesome, bloons tower defense, PES or FIFA but with same functions as on psp. RS would be enough if multiplayer were introduced. i would any of the psp games to iphone, cos the iphone just rocks. (But POKEMON. PLEAASE DEVELOPERS. POKEMON IS MY GREATEST WISH. IT IS WHAT I MISS MOST SINCE SELLING MY GAMEBOY ADVANCE SP)

16. brewstermax

Wow, you're being ambitious, aren't you. And GTA, really. Bloons would be nice, but I see Ninjakiwi a)charging for it and b)spending that money to not make a profit. Whoever you are are really ambitious about this. how could you play any of these without a d-pad. I personally would need a tactile d-pad for these, a virtual one would be difficult with these. Pokemon is made by Nintendo, a competing platform. You can forget that one.

17. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    #177 parranoya, Nov 29, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
    LETS GO FOR GOLD~DIABLO 2 or FATE

I would love to have FATE on the iphone ---- they should be able to port it easily enough---add a joystick for movement and make the attacking with touch--like a mouse point....they would only have to change the input to get to the inventory and spells. Think of how much money these companies could make ---how many of us would like to play DIABLO 2 on a mobile device ---the iphone can handle the graphics and they just have to change the input methods from mouse to touch ------- i guess I am just dreaming. Diablo 2 on a mobile would never happen BLIZZARD is odd that way.

I.................................................................. I
    I..../--\..........................................................I
    I...(XXX)......................................<>.........<>..I
    I....\--/..........................................................I
    -------------------------------------------------

with the far bottom right being a multidirection movement button and the other 2 being either right mouse or left mouse with touch on the screen as attack as well with maybe menu button in the top corners

What do you guys think?

18. powderski11

powderski11 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    To SydenyS, i tried avalanche, your right it is addicting, but idk how well it would work on an iphone. it seems like accelerometer wouldnt be an option, and with a virtual Dpad it would be awkward to stick to the side of the brick things.

19. Dclevi

Dclevi Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    COD4. I don't see how it would work, but I'd pay 100$ for that game if it could be ported to this. And I would personally send a charming gift basket to the person that ported it. Please please please please please port this.

20. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    nice link to avalanche
    game is mad boring