[GAMEVIL] First Look at HYBRID: Eternal Whisper

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by hes72, Jul 15, 2009.

1. dbl_dose

dbl_dose Active Member

Dec 19, 2008
    When is this coming out?
    It's kinda looks like devil may cry in 2D

2. atommo

atommo Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Developer
    Okay, I gotta admit... That was a slick video. Game looks great, and with video like that there's not going to be a shortage of people interested in it :)

Looking forward to it.

3. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

I already have the impression that any Gamevil game is bound to be good.
    Just hope this comes out soon, as in, within this month lol.

4. EDUB

EDUB Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    this month...lololololololol

but seriously though a game like this needs time fo sho!

5. dbl_dose

dbl_dose Active Member

Dec 19, 2008
    anyone know what the price is going to be?

6. FinalGamerAC

FinalGamerAC Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Ohio
    Game looks awesome I am so down.
    Also just a note to some of you that if a game is real time it can still be a rpg(ala Star Ocean) not a rpg mix or whatever your thinking, a battle system hardly defines a rpg these days. This is obviously somethign along the lines of a Action KRPG. My favorite is turn based though with multiple party members(arvale ughhh).

7. FinalGamerAC

FinalGamerAC Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Ohio
    Game looks awesome I am so down.
    Also just a note to some of you that if a game is real time it can still be a rpg(ala Star Ocean) not a rpg mix or whatever your thinking, a battle system hardly defines a rpg these days. This is obviously something along the lines of a Action KRPG. My favorite is turn based though with multiple party members(arvale ughhh).

8. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

In my opinion Arvale is the worst disaster for an RPG (along with The Quest). It had much potential if more party members and monsters were added to each fight. How much strategy can there be if it's always 1 vs 1? I fell asleep within minutes of fighting the same enemies using the same person using the same weapons over and over again. Huge contrast between that and proper turn-based CRPGs.
    Lol so what does "released this fall" mean? Is it finished or still in development?

9. Baloney

Baloney Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    I just nerdgasmed.

10. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    The Quest is faaaaar from a "disaster." In fact, are you even a hardcore RPG gamer? Because that is the only audience that will truly appreciate that game. It is just like Elder Scrolls and is the most RPG game in the Appstore; even more so than Zenonia which, although good, is merely a hack n slash KRPG. I mean The Quest isn't for everyone, that's for sure, but I had to defend it after you put it alongside with disaster. The Quest also has the most support from the developers than the other RPGs.

And Party members? I dunno if you were talking about the Quest in that sense, but how would you have a party in that game? Just wondering.

11. cubytes

cubytes Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    my thoughts

the video is very vague.....and looks like a proof of concept?

-looks like the virtual d-pad is a "tap pad" meaning you have to continuously tap it to move while that kinda works for jumping it will not feel right for fluid movement especially since your already going to be tapping like crazy with the other thumb i would go with a wheel (idracula/mini-gore ish) and put a jump button slightly above it, plus with a wheel its easier to rotate it in a direction to represent an anti air attack, low thrust/sweep or quick slash attacks

- dont see a block either? hows that going to work? just by tapping away from the enemy? i would def go with an on screen block button

- how do you do skills? i would suggest that skills be initiated by input gestures like drawing either a X, a circle, or a + on the screen or if you want to put another on screen button use a hot key hold a on screen button slide up/down/left/right to highlight an option assigned to the hotkey then release to launch

-also maybe make the attack button an omni button although not neccisary it would be cool to be able to roll forwards and backwards just by rotating your thumb around the edge of the attack button

-from the brief moments when i saw the town/item shop this game def looks optimized for combat over exploration which is not a bad thing at all looks like castle crashers in that aspect where moving from one area to the next is done on a map moving from one dot to another dot and if it is like castle crashers then you got the right formula for sure as long as the controls and FPS performance is legit should be a good sell on the app store

i know this is a really old post i guess better late then never :)

12. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    am i the only one who thinks this seems kinda like a way cooler version of that Knights Onrush promo game that came out??? can anyone tell me if the game is anything like that? cause if it is i think ill definitely get it. any beta testers wanna let me know please?
    thx

13. Kepler

Kepler Member

Aug 6, 2009
    I suppose if you like Japanese style RPGs, then this might be a big hit. These games just don't appeal to me at all, however. I just don't see what the draw is of little girls in school uniforms throwing fireballs which is what I think of when I see most games like this. Seeing big flashes with the word "CRITICAL!!!!!!!!!" and "POW" just doesn't do it for me. They just seem silly and disjointed.

I'm a much bigger fan of the western-style RPGs like Diablo and the upcoming Dungeon Hunter. It's obvious that there's a huge market for the Japanese style though. Personally, I'd really love to see more games like NWN, the old Might and Magic, or Wizardry series of games.

Just giving my .02 to any devs who may be reading.

14. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    #54 Somerandomdude, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
    Filling out the application right now. Man I hope i get this so badly!

Ok... being the idiot that I am I just realized that the beta has been CLOSED already... Last month... Ah well I'll just buy the game in a week or so upon release, maybe get picked for another test like Zenonia 2 or something.

15. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Well, The KO promo is more like Castle Crashers where you go onto a screen, beat up guys, and go onto the next screen where you beat up more guys. That's more of a beat-'em-up where there's no real abilities other than pick-ups and the occasional combo or 2. It's alot like the Simpsons game in the arcade that me and my friends always play whenever we go, and it's made for more players, usually 4.

This,on the other hand, is an ARPG, which is a completely different thing. ARPG's are heavy on the RPG elements while the action is more or less a different way of presenting these RPG elements than the typical turn based battle of games like Final Fantasy and Lost Odyssey. This seems to be more action-oriented than many others, like Zenonia which could somewhat be considered an ARPG since there was no real combat screen, combat was done in the world. This is much more oriented towards action, like a more over the top version of Crisis Core, which is the closest thing to it I can think of since this seems to be a completely original game. Simply put, it's like the flash game Sonny where between battles you have your character interaction and item/skill upgrading, but there isn't much exploration, except the instead of turn based combat, it's now some awesome actiony battles.

Hope that helps.

16. Plim2282

Plim2282 New Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Yes it is a beat em up like knights promo but with RPG elements. Can't wait till this game comes out.