Gangstar: Miami Vindication (release Sept 23; new screenshots!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mealworm

Mealworm Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Nova 2 !!!!

2. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

So its probably like the early preview videos of GT Racing, which looked awful and really weird in places (i.e. the elongated perspective view of the cars). And when it hit the app store, it looked much better, as below vids demonstrate.

Preview:

3. Gsmokey

Gsmokey Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    #43 Gsmokey, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
    What false hopes did I give all I said was this wasn't the final version and not to get your hopes up to high on the game ,anything I have ever said on T.A is fact and truth if not please tell me when ,and to your question like I said before there is info i can leak and info I cannot it would have been a real disrespect and issue if I gave the name of the game with gameloft twittering wanting to make this a big hyped announcement today

4. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    So that must mean that it still has a few months to go??

5. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    better be delayed and turn out an awesome game than an early release of a crappy game.

6. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Wow those are the worst textures I have ever seen.

Also, WTF happened to shadows? Gameloft is a big company and they have the resources to take advantage of 3rd/4th gen shaders.

Shadows are really important.

And why are the cars so blocky when you are close up and all of the surroundings look 2D.

FAIL. This better not even be alpha graphics. This should be like pre-alpha, and the final ones have to be wayyy better.

7. runformoney1110

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    i wish the cars looked more like those in gameloft's asphalt 5 or gt racing... they look so chunky and crappy. also, THE STREETS! WHERE'S EVERYONE?!

8. ybeahater

ybeahater Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Gsmokey please don't listen to him and keep doing what u do ,you have leaked or given info on at least 20 games in the last year and all has been true ,I've found out more info from u than the actual company or game makers themselves half the time , and have you contacted a dev yet for that marvel vs capcom port you made please hurry the hell up that shit looks awesome and how the he'll did u get that to work on the iPhone I see it's not on YouTube anymore what happen

9. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Pretty much yeah. :)

10. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Where's everyone? playing GTA at home! :D

Btw, helis, boats and bikes... yes, that's great but how could they not have Tanks!? :(

11. runformoney1110

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    the new transports dont even look good. i bet you cant shoot with the helicopter... and yeah, WHERES THE TANK!? tank rampage is a must!! another rushed product by lameloft

12. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I don't everyone complaining about the graphics? They're not that bad, they certainly look better than West Coast Hustle in my eyes. At least they've added reflections on the cars. And it's likely that these graphics were taken from an early build, also taking the video, uploading/compressing to Youtube has probably taken away some of the quality.

It's nice to see bikes, boats and helicopters. Also a day/night cycle has been added. Looks a lot like GTA VC/VCS which is a good thing :)

13. runformoney1110

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    yea, well, doesn't hurt to add more people on the streets. it would be cool if you could drive or knock down a double decker bus lol.

14. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Again, I'll repeat what I said in the post you just quoted. The footage we have just watched could have been taken from an early or Alpha build.
    Maybe there is already tanks, buses and pedestrians but they didn't include them in the video. Or maybe they will add them in later. Who knows? Anything is possible.

15. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Exactly what I'm thinking. The graphics look fine to me - not great nor terrible. It's good enough to keep general iPhone gamers going (there are others outside of these forums ;)), and the reflections on the cars is definitely impressive. It's definitely an alpha build, as @Gangstar_Game officially told me.

16. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

You can shoot with the heli, even though it wasn't shown with the games graphics at 0:43 - 0:45 you see the helicopter shoot! ;)

17. Aussie2

Aussie2 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    No-one said there woudnt be tanks. Maybe there are or gameloft plan to add them. Seriously? How can you write this game off already, just from an early gameplay trailer of an uncompleted game. How do you know it's rushed if it's not even out yet?

18. RyoHazuki

RyoHazuki Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    UK
    I didn't like the first, with the empty streets and bad graphics, this doesn't look any better.

Giving this one a miss.

19. g-unit-14

g-unit-14 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Amazing BUT NEEDS better graphics definetly better and needs multiplayer and fourwheel bike !!! then best game in world for iphone ! why u cant do this and you will earn too much too much money with multiplayer better graphics everything

20. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    "Fourwheel bike"? You mean a quad bike?
    I have no idea what the rest of your post is supposed to mean.