Gangstar Vegas $6.99 -> $4.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by JBRUU, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Tanc24

Tanc24 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2012
    How Much available disk space do you need to download this game? I usually double the number that the developer says the file size actually is.

2. I don't know wether I should get this...knowing Gameloft, this will drop even further to $1 in a couple of months, but I want this game...this is like Saints Row, so this will be awesome...I'm saving room up for Asphalt 8 for when that (eventually) releases, so unless I delete MC4 and Vice City, I won't have room for this game, but I've 100% GTA: VC and I don't really go on the online servers for MC4 now, and that story mode would take a few hours to complete...everyone here also speaks highly of this game...uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh

OK, fine. I'll get it...............don't judge me

I can already tell the soundtrack in this is worse than Vice City

3. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I won't be getting this anytime soon. I still need to play: GTA 3, GTA VC, GTA CTW, Gangstar Rio. That's just some games of my entire backlog of games I still need to play :)

4. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I have played some of those games but they all still sit on my backlog as well as other games in the same genre as well. I'm contemplating waiting as well since it would just go into my backlog. I don't mind paying full price later if there's no sale.

5. I really trust gamers opinions on games often much more than reviews.

6. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Play Rio first. If you play it before any GTA, you'll say "hey, it's not bad". If you play it after any GTA, you'll say "why did I buy this?!".
    Seriously, Rio is way worse than any GTA in the AppStore, even worse than Miami Vindication IMO. Vegas is way better than Rio.

7. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    If I remember correctly this price drop won't be permanent.

8. It said in the description that it wasn't permanent...I think you might be right

Also, 2.6GB installed!!!!!!! :eek: that's fracking massive

9. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Well I was thinking 0.99$ price drop when saw the notification. I will pass this. Still have to play Gangster Rio, GTA VC, TWEWY. Haven't even bothered to check them out.
    Also A8 is coming too!

10. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013

I think this is a great deal

I bought this game recently and i think it deserve to cost more

11. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Okay cool, couldn't remember if they posted it in the description or not so just wanted to make sure that was clear :)

Good Guy Ryan? :p

12. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    I think the 2.6 gigs that Hoggy listed sounds correct. Not sure how much the update adds to it or if that includes the update though.

13. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Well I picked Rio way back when it went free. I just backed it up with the test of the stash. I had a quick go, got to the part when the main character got burned. The voice over seemed very cheap.

14. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Hey, Gameloft_Ryan,

Not to derail the thread, but man it would be AWESOME if Gameloft had some sales on some of the older titles out there. I'm talking Asphalt 4&5, NOVA 1&2, Modern Combat 1&2, Dungeon Hunter 1&2, Shadow Guardian, and heck even Blades of Fury & Eternal Legacy (yeah I know the last two can be bought in a bundle already, but I like the smaller standalone apps due to space limits). I'd buy every single one of them on sale. For those with sequels, I think I own all of the sequels. Sometimes it's hard to go back and buy the dated games not knowing if they are going to work well on current devices.. but at past sale prices I've rarely hesitated to just grab them all. Maybe one or two specific ones I'd pay full price for, but I really love digging into my Gameloft library for hidden gems and will pretty much give any of the older games a try when on sale.

... As for Gangstar Vegas, I was going to hold off but I decided to add it to the backlog since I don't have enough free space on my iPhone at the moment.

15. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Vegas is fun. I like it. Other than the space it takes up.

16. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Sounds good, I appreciate the feedback and it's something I can try and pass along to people who make those decisions :)

17. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Thanks.

It seems every time there's a big sale by Gameloft many people here mention wanting to grab those older titles for their iOS game collections.

18. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Is it true that everything you do stays there?

19. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Vice City has iCloud saving, not just syncing. You can delete it, reinstall later, and your save will be there. Well, for now.

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It's worth noting that Vegas has cloud saves tied with gamecenter and/or Gameloft live, which is a very welcome addition. I also second the sales on the older Gameloft titles, I own most of the SD versions but I would love to pick up DH2 and Zombie Infection in their HD formats.

Very true.