Gangstar Vegas (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    #101 Leegames, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
    That's really talking without knowing. 2-3 months? Nah. I played one of their recent games more than half a year ago running on an iPad (I cannot mention which), but please do not make assumptions based on nothing and then state it as a fact. Don't get me wrong. they make a lot of crappy decisions at times. But I prefer talk about them being based on actual knowledge.

In regards to Gangstar Vegas. I just really hope they don't go nuts on freemium crap. I am getting really tired of that. Looking forward to this and crossing my fingers.

2. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Agreed, don't kill two franchises.

3. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Like I said, the IAP will be in game currency and respect. Possibly something that has to do with gambling (like buying poker chips) but you won't have to pay to steal a car

4. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    The only reason everyone is going crazy about freemium is cause of the trailer. Gameloft messed up by not showing gameplay because normally its the freemium games that have live action trailers

5. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Everyone saying it'll be free to play just needs to stop. Relax it's a Gangstar game, a clone of a game AVAILABLE on IOS!!! Also I doubt it will be free noun as they've already TRIED the freemium path with a GTA clone (Ex. urban Crime) this game literally made you buy to hijack cars.... They're not going to repeat this awful mistake again!

6. m0ncrieff

m0ncrieff Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2012
    I think, you're right! They won't repeat this mistake, after urban crime failed.

7. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Screenshots of this game were leaked in November so in November it was an alpha/beta version. I estimate that its been in development for a year

8. Spanishz1

Spanishz1 New Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Nueva imagen

[​IMG]

9. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    He has a point, though. While it's not definite, it's quite possible the leaked screenshots were taken in an early build of the game, and that it's changed quite a bit since then.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I think it has been in development for at least a year and a half. Gameloft usually starts sequels soon after the precursor is shipped, if of course a sequel is planned. Examples of this are NOVA 2 and 3, MC3, MC4. I'm pretty sure about DH4 as well.

11. Wikilix

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    No imagen Es no nueva.

12. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    I hope the map is a lot bigger than rio's. there was no need for an airplane if the map was that small. Hopefully the city is that size plus a lot of desert/countryside surrounding it. I wonder how they will do jet skis and boats though, considering its vegas (a city not on the water)

13. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    You clearly have not experienced the awesomeness of taking a waterboat on the desert. You go at 0MPH, and still get to feel the wind in your hair.

14. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Forget boats, surfing is all the rage dude!

15. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Catch a sand dune, dude!

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Expecting Gangstar to come even remotely close to any of the GTA games is like ordering a Happy Meal and expecting something approaching Filet Mignon.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Here's hoping. Here's hoping. Whatever they do, just add real physics to the driving. Puh-lease!!

18. Wikilix

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    I honestly don't think the Apple devices have the RAM to pull off a map that big.

19. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    #119 saansilt, May 7, 2013
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
    I dunno man, that happy meal has fries and a toy.
    This may have area 51.
    Edit: Wow, lots of rio hate.
    Guess I am not alone after all.

20. 4004

4004 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Belarus
    Considering it's Gameloft, I am dont have high hopes. I forgot the time when I used to be very excited about EACH AND EVERY new Gameloft game, they were the best. As with EA, greed will ruin them
    I am hoping for a new engine, although a screenshot from 2 pages back seems to be more of the same