Universal GBA4iOS: GBA Emulator, No Jailbreak needed, but set date before Feb 2014

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 19, 2014.

1. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I just wonder how they are being allowed to do this? I am reluctant as well, mainly because it seems to good to be true... I mean how many people walk around with legal roms that they can use?

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Of course it's technically illegal. Same for Gridlee (Mame). Don't remember people going in about that. We've got no rights to use those games but we do. People also drive 1 km over the speed limit that's also illegal. Do you have no illegal mp3s?

I mean I honestly wouldnt worry. If you honestly are worried just simply don't install

3. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I only drive the posted limit or walk :).

I didn't know there was any other emulators iOS capable.

I'm not throwing off on anyone using or saying that I won't, just curious about more info.. I mean other than site traffic, how is this benefitting the dev?

I'm thinking it's a NSA ploy :)

4. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Downloaded it. Downloaded Super Mario 2 and 3, Zelda - The Minish Cap, and Grand Theft Auto Advance. Tried Super Mario 3 and there were some horrible noises coming out of my iPad. As far as games on the iPad go Mikey Shorts is way better than this. Deleted.

5. Caipa

Caipa Active Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Do you trust your made in China iOS device?

6. josh.hofer

josh.hofer Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    #26 josh.hofer, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    Not installing for me, stuck in a loop of saying it's installing, then installed, then I tap the iconless icon, and it starts to install again... and then nothing. womp :(

7. Keitch83

Keitch83 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Been following Riley's blog since he released the first gba4ios and have been looking forward to this so much! With cheat codes,controller support and a better rom comparability as well as GBC support this is a must for retro fans!Pokemon emerald is getting smashed again!

8. Bark bits

Bark bits Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Check out wario world twisted. I had tried it on the older version of the emulator, it didn't work.

9. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    I don't think it works on ios 6.x I downloaded the old one though this never downloads...

10. christopherrocs

Aug 15, 2013
    #### the ios 6.1.2 one doesn't work either.... Just keeps on sayin could t download at this time?

11. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    #31 Eoghann, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    Same here. Ah well.

The guy's twitter said to just keep trying coz their servers are getting hammered.

12. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    This installed fine for me, except for the Dropbox sync, however, what is recommended for zip files? Do I have to unzip on my computer
    then transfer via iTunes?

13. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2011
    You should set our iOS date to yesterday and then try again.

14. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I think Ill pass... Nothing against the devs but givenI use my iPad for work as well, a bit of due diligence is required...

15. iamthekiller

iamthekiller Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    What a horrible, horrible analogy. You're comparing Apple where the device is made in China, to some unknown/bootleg/illegal operation by some guy based in China.

16. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    It didn't install for me, and I couldn't x out of it to abort the download, so I rebooted. It must be doing something at a low level because now I can't start up again (shows a blue screen, then the apple logo, then the blue screen, then the apple logo).

I've put my iPhone into recovery mode and will restore from a backup. Forget this crap, I will play GBA games on something else.

17. christopherrocs

Aug 15, 2013
    Well I'm loving this. For the ios 6.1.5 one and loving it :) got red rescue team and emerald. Really cool

18. Me4Rpg

Me4Rpg Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    stuck in boot loop, think it bricked my iphone 5s. getting blue screen, omg. gonna go buy me a samsung galaxy note 3 now

19. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Installed and working properly on iPad 4 iOS 7.
    I Installed only games I didn't finish before, didn't want to bother with pile or games I already finished, but at same time I handpicked best of the best from that list :

- Advance Wars 2
    - CIMA- The enemy
    - Demikids
    - Doom 1 and 2
    - Lord of The rings ( all except first one )
    - Mario Party Advance
    - Metroid Fusion
    - Onimusha Tactics
    - Phantasy Star Collection
    - Rayman 10th anniversary
    - River City Ransom EX
    - Tactic Ogre The knights of Lodis
    - Warioware Twisted

20. Th3R3n3gad3

Th3R3n3gad3 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Is the site and every thing legal?