Universal GBA4iOS: GBA Emulator, No Jailbreak needed, but set date before Feb 2014

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 19, 2014.

1. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    In America, Pirating games isn't legal, making emulators is - it's a gray area.
    Ask yourself where you fall on this issue before you download...

2. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    This is causing boot loops? Strange, cause it only uses an enterprise certificate for the installation routine just like an developer certificate but not limited to the amount of devices it can be installed on.
    Well, I've just tried it on my iPhone 5 and it installed without any problems. Tried SMB3 and had no background music and weird sound effects. I've deleted it and of course also the china certificate from settings-general.

Btw, it's still possible to use this certificate to track your app usage and kind of stuff just like tapjoy, etc. do.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It works great for me on my 4s with ios 7.0.4. Just set the date a week back and install. It will install fine.

About the emulator itself, it's AMAZING. For once I got Payback GBA to work flawlessly, which is the first time I've seen it work on something else aside from my GBA due to the requirements its 3D engine pulled from the GBA. That means it's emulating the hardware great! I have also tried Harvest Moon and it looks amazing.

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Well, this is it, tomorrow I'm updating to iOS 7.0.4.

5. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Yeah it wasn't installing for me until I did the date trick and then it installed first time.

6. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Guys try downloading wario land 3 best game but I can't get it ##

7. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Just played Sabre Wulf with a controller and almost cried. This is blooming brilliant.

8. rcracecar

rcracecar New Member

May 31, 2012
    Can some one help ? (I have a iPod touch 5 with iOS 7.0.4) I hit install and it just installs on a loop and it will say unable to download application

9. DuendeArkano

DuendeArkano New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    The app crashes on splash screen, over iphone 5S 7.0

10. mintyray

mintyray Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    No problems here so far, everything seems to be working (ipad 2 & iphone 5, latest OS) I even didn't change the date.

11. regkilla

regkilla Well-Known Member

Running great on my iPhone 5s (iOS 7.0.4).

12. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Since it has GBC support, does it work with save games taken from other GB emulators? Want to continue with my Pokemon Yellow game.

13. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Haha, Wario Ware Twisted! Works. :D

14. neonbible

Jan 24, 2011
    Dropbox doesn't work. How do I transfer games onto it?

15. Gregz0r

Gregz0r Well-Known Member

Just need to do the same with the SNES, Genesis and Gridlee(plus iOS 7 controller support), and everything will be great! :D

16. ddevil

ddevil Active Member

Nov 20, 2010
    This emulator simply isnt usable when i try to use it with controller forall. Anyone has luck using both simultaneously?

17. Gregz0r

Gregz0r Well-Known Member

It supports iTunes filesharing, so you can use that method, if you're having trouble downloading ROMs on the device.

18. neonbible

Jan 24, 2011
    I tried it myself and it works! Transferred my old .sav file from my DS. Loads fine. This is great.

And Final Fantasy VI (with SNES music restored) works great!! Well will need to check for slowdowns later.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Finally a way to play the CORRECT Tales of Phantasia.

20. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Rpgs and tactic style games is perfect on this. I started playing Mario Golf Advance Tour, works great. I'm sure this is a pain in the ass to use for things like precise platforming, especially if you own a GBA SP and love the hardware controls.

Dropbox was broken for me, says the limited use of Dropbox tokens for this app have been used, but whatever the online Rom install worked.