Universal GBA4iOS: GBA Emulator, No Jailbreak needed, but set date before Feb 2014

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #81 Gwarmaxx, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    has anyone linked the dropbox account?

doesn't work for me...

btw, runs very fine on iPhone 4 with latest iOS... now supports all roms!!! in the previous version, the "official then pulled" Awesome Baby Names, games like Kingdom Hearts, GTA Advance and others don't run, and others like Sonic Advance, etc, work but with a corrupted graphics

2. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Guys give me some good gameboy advance games

3. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    No, you won't go to prison. You're not going to get busted for downloading an illegal game or two (or twenty), but it is illegal, and you're going to have to make your own choice regarding whether you don't mind doing that or not.

However, I am amazingly surprised how open TA is being regarding the downloading of roms - going as far as posting the link to a romsite on the frontpage. Most other websites - especially gaming related ones - will require users to talk around the subject. While these GBA games are a decade or more old, downloading one of these games is legally no different from downloading a pirated game for your iPad/PC/PS4, so supporting it tends to piss off developers.

Hell, I've been an active member of an emulation community for more than a decade and we're still not allowed to openly discuss rom downloading.

I'm not complaining by the way. It's refreshing. :)

4. zoulance

zoulance New Member

Feb 18, 2014
    i think may be the app used 299$ idp to publish as a company inside app?

5. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Here's a few:

Advance Wars
    - Fantastic turn-based strategy RPG hybrid with excellent presentation and progression. There's been a few clones on the App Store but nothing compares to the real thing.

Pokemon FireRed
    - Duh. It's Pokemon! This is the original Red version updated with new sprites, colour graphics, nicer music, menus, better balancing etc.

Pokemon Crystal (Gameboy Color)
    If you can look beyond the very aged visuals it's the best Pokemon game in the series and well worth your time.

Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Another famous franchise. It's amazing that after all these years and games this classic is still one of the best action/adventure games out there.

Final Fantasy IV/V/VI Advance
    Have a Google around and you can find the FAN RESTORED version of these roms. They improve the pixel art and music over the original GBA ports, control better than the iPad ports, and leave a <10MB footprint on your device.

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
    A fun and humerous RPG starring videogaming's most famous brothers. Doesn't take itself seriously at all. It's a bright and quirky adventure.

Mario Bros 3 / Mario World / Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
    OK, they're some of the finest 2D platformers of all time, but you'll have to decide for yourself if you can put up with the touchscreen controls (or get a MFI controller?). I think they're absolutely worth it.

Mario Kart Super Circuit
    Not a lot of good racers on GBA unfortunately, but this is a quick and simple Kart game that has more in common with the original SNES version than the new games

Wario Ware & Wario Ware: Twisted
    Hundreds of minigames that can be beaten in less than 5 seconds. They're ridiculous and the game throws them at you very quickly. It's a quirky test of reactions and the perfect iOS game. Twisted is more interesting because it originally had an accelerometer in the cartirdge, and this new emulator supports that same functionality of your phone.

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
    What Farmville would be like if it wasn't Freemium and had a story

Mother 3
    The finest JRPG on the system and one of my favourite games of all time. It was only released in Japan but has been fantastically fan translated into English. Hunt for it on Google.

Wario Land 4
    ...Wario always gets overlooked. I think that's why he doesn't have games that often anymore. This is a fantastic platforming adventure.

Klonoa: Empire of Dreams
    Nobody plays Klonoa. Nobody. I have no idea why, because all the games are excellent. This is a fantastic 2D puzzle/platform adventure.

Metroid Fusion
    Tough action and shooting platformer

Fire Emblem
    Similar gameplay to Advance Wars above, but with more RPG focus and with a fantasy theme rather than a military one.

I'll probably come up with some more later...

6. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Thanks buddy, as of now, wario 4 isn't as good as number 3, and ill probably download most of these. Thanks

7. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Metroid Zero Mission
    Ninja Five-O

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    It's not just TA, I'm actually very surprised at how the app itself gives direct and easy access to the ROMs. Most emulators, particularly the ones I've played on Android make it clear that your on your own to find the ROMs. This is by far the easiest emulator I've used. No real setup, direct downloads, the Dropbox options, etc. Just an all around great package that also performs quite well.

9. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I've never used an emulator before but this is great. Very easy to use

I totally agree. Mario games are difficult to control but the Castlevania game I tried worked pretty well. Not as precise jumping I guess.

10. BoyFromLA

BoyFromLA Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Does anyone know how to quit game? Can't seem to find any way but to return to main menu.

11. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    #91 PCKid, Feb 20, 2014
    Lovin this been following the amazing young Riley since version 1.6 of this. Version 2 is amazing. I'm sure he said Kingdom Hearts finally worked in this version but it's the same crazy pixelation to the graphics still. Also has anyone worked out how to get the extra skins to download? There are plenty on GBAIOSSkins.com but when you click on Download Now nothing happens. I did it from my iPhone not desktop which it says you must do. Fixed: You need to shut down the app from multitask and restart then they are there.

12. Nyx1978

Nyx1978 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Amazing app!!!

13. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Is the iPad version HD? Appears to be just 2x even in portrait

14. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Works fine on my iPod 5th with iOS 7.0.4

Installed the DS Emulator too!

15. Nyx1978

Nyx1978 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2013
    DS Emulator?

16. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Yeah!

they have that too.

Playing some pokemons there!

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Probably. My friend downloaded Super Mario Land and received 50 lashes and 20 years in jail. Seriously come on

18. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    #98 chaos_envoys, Feb 20, 2014
    and suddenly I've forgotten all about my Awesome Baby Names!! I hope someone disguise this and snuck it like ABN or *Slider Puzzle* so we can "legitimately" install this on the phone... this is running great though! WAY BETTER than ABN or Slider.. there are no music corruption on my iPhone 5 and iPad 3, and all games are running GREAT!

19. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    Why is it saying, cannot connect to www.amazonew.com./....(something)?

I did set my date to 2013. Can anyone help me?

20. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow