Universal Gemini Strike (by Armor Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    is this coming to the USA tonight by chance???

2. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Think that it will not released in US tonight. It's a soft launch. :(

3. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    It's been a soft launch long enough hahaha ;)

4. It'll be released in US next week. Don't worry.

5. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Really looking forward to the US release for this game. Bring on more shmups!:D

6. Yeah more bullet hell yes.

7. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Just made a NZ account to download this. Awesome game totally loving it, can't beat a great shoot em up!!

8. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Game Impressions

All those videos above are "level 1" plays. Here's some gameplay from sector 42 of 100:

Mind that I edited out the inter-level segments just to show what battles are like when geared up. Oh and you'll learn a legit cheat for a specific stage at 2:57. :)

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I. Know this is only soft launch but is anyone else just seeing black screens on the map and item screens when playing on iPhone 5s? It works fine on my iPad but on iPhone all I can see is the outlines of the planets ?

10. I just deleted the game yesterday. The controls are not good. You die (even if you have good skill on this type of game) because of the controls.

11. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #32 Qwertz555, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    I deleted my whole relative-touch-control-rant. Getting tired of it. I will let the Devs know with my rating.

So, still coming out tonight ?

Edit: saw Echoen playing level 42, they seem to work (?)

12. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Out worldwide, hope you guys enjoy it as much as I have!

13. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Doesn't seem to work properly on iPhone 5s all I see is this ?

Attached Files:

14. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ ipt5 no problems

Btw my mini review is 8 out of 10. My favorite space shooter by far. At first I hated it because the difficulty of area 2 ramps up way too quick but after you grind and do special missions for better items, the game gets a lot more fun. The variation in items is the best thing in this game that quite rare for these genres. The story dialogue is actually quite good (with some typos) and seems more deep as you progress. A great addition.

My only gripe with it right now is the fact that they input obstacle games inside. I do enjoy they wanted to mix things up but these course are actually quite challenging (harder than bosses) and seem to have been made purposely to eat you life out so you'll die more easily.

Without saying, controls need some work but I doubt they'll fix it as they've made some enemies circle around behind you requiring you to use all the space to move. I do wish I can move the ship entirely without having to hand hold it all the way across the screen.

All in all, a very fun freemium game with some obvious flaws. I'll recommend it since I've never played one of these for so many hours as this one.

15. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #36 Qwertz555, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    What a beautiful and interesting shmup this could be...really !

How can developers not claim to deliver the best control option :confused:

Armor Games, take a close look at Sky Force or Phoenix HD, that's how it's done, imo.

Edit: meaning life system and such,as well

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Hmmm. Think this could be very good but i'm not keen on the way it controls at all. When theres quite a bit of action and i'm moving my finger all over the screen the ship is often covered by my finger. I can still play it but its just not very enjoyable. Can work out where i am as theres bullets flying (often from what looks like my finger !) but its just frustrating.

Surely surely surely its standard practice to do relative touch for any shoot em up ? Relative touch would be brilliant on this game as it seems to have a lot of potential

Seems like a fair few people have mentioned this, crazy no one brought this up in testing for this game

17. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I'm liking this game so far I'm only on sector 1.4. Hopefully relative touch will be added but so far I have no problems with the current controls.

18. Cactuario

Cactuario Active Member

Sep 4, 2014
    I'm really enjoying this, but seem to have run into a strange bug: my inventory and map are both empty, with only black boxes where items or sectors should be. In the inventory screenshot below, I have items in the first three slots and tapping on the empty boxes brings them up for inspection.

Has anyone else encountered this? I'm playing on a 5s, iOS 7.1.2, with Gemini Strike in offline mode.

Attached Files:

19. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Same problem on my iPad mini retina. Same iOS version as you.