Universal Gemini Strike (by Armor Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Infrarift

Infrarift Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Developer
    Perth, Australia
    Yes, this already has been patched now and we have submitted to Apple. However Apple is very busy right now so we're facing some issues and delays in getting the new version live. Soon!

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hi Dev! Thanks for coming. First off, I have to say I don't like these shooter games that much but yours made me hooked. Sounds, graphics, story, replayability, and gameplay are all above average. I hope you can build on this when you plan to make sequels (I know you will ;) )

As for controls, I think most people would like "options". I'm used to the one you chose, it's not terrible but maybe I'd like another more? I'd love to see the ship a bit more as the ship seems too close to my finger. I'd also love to control the ship without having to drag it all across the entire screen. However I can see how this would be a problem when you have enemies on the very bottom of the screen so I'm not sure how that would work out.

I commend you for making an optional offline mode. Because of that, I play your game A LOT more. As you might have saw, some people faced server issues and couldn't play with online mode so that's why I always pick offline. Is there a reason why game center has to be started up in offline mode every time you want to go for achievements?

If you do plan on additional updates, I'd love some more story (side missions?), extra bonus levels aside from bounty hunt and cargo (maybe a collection mission to pick up a certain number of items, timed missions, or a kill X amount mission), and more loot of course. I think you have a good base game that can be expanded into a huge world. You could even split the map into solar systems with each system having 20 levels or so.

Tell your team that you guys did a great job! :)

3. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

Sep 7, 2014
    Great potential, some major bugs

First of all, thanks for making this game. This has the potential to become one of the best space shooters out there. The rpg like loot system, cheeky dialog are all very nice. However, there are some major bugs that needs to be fixed.

1 - some screens are black and doesn't render on iPad Air and iPhone 5s. Work ok in my older ipad 3. Examples include inventory, system map.
    2 - reset profile doesn't work. I am logged in as guest and the game glitches out and game me 90k credits in mission 2.2. Try to reset profile but won't actually let me restart even after an uninstall/reinstall.

Other than that, this seems like a decently deep game and could use more explanation on what's going on. For example, I am playing and another played join in. Is that a real player? Do I have to protect that ship? How do I team up with someone else?
    What exactly is the relationship between armor and the various damage types?
    There seems to be quite a bit of depth so it is a shame that things are not better explained so they can be appreciated.

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh other ideas for weapons would be a weapon that drops mines every X seconds. Or a weapon that drops an assist drone every X seconds that lasts for X seconds. Just some random ideas here and there since one of the best parts of the game is trying out new weapon types.

5. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    To the dev, thanks for joining the discussion. While I think your controls work really well, and yes, in later levels the action gets really bullet hell like, I understand the majority's wish for relative touch controls. To give us options, is really the best thing you can do to please most of the gamers. So, leave your controls - they work - and at relative touch controls and ratings will go up! :)

Apart from that. I would love to just continue offline when I'm not connected... to easily keep my profress no matter if online or offline, that would be amazing. Having no connection and therefore not being able to continue can be a big deal breaker.

And please please please, let me pay for a gem doubler. A standard IAP that might bring you more money then the one-time IAPs.

But overall, congrats again. Really love that game. Although sector 12 boss is too hard for me right now. Back for some grinding!

6. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Skyforce 2014, Abyss Attack, Lightning Fighter 2, Heli Hell, Plasma Sky, Icarus-X, R-Type and the Raiden Games are all excellent examples of scrolling shmups with relative touch controls that work extremely well.

Please implement relative touch. Playing on an iPhone can get a little cumbersome at times due to your ship being covered by your finger or thumb. :eek:

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I am experiencing this as well. Some sprites arent showing, with only the placeholder showing as black. There are rare times they even disappear altogether, but the tappable area is still present.

8. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #68 Intendro, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    I think offline mode told me I get no daily rewards...

Why on earth can't it do both? :confused:
    *points all over at various examples, Lightning Fighter 2's daily rewards for example requiring Internet to claim yet the game works offline like single player should*

Can I clear those missions again to get more credits, or are there enough credits to buy everything permanent?

Also, I tend to prefer relative touch too.

9. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    As all others have requested, implement the relative touch already. Geez. Proly like 2 min to code. Lol. Devs, wake up already. Wld def make a stellar game all the better.

10. FateRiddle

FateRiddle Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Game is great. RPG element makes it really special.
    I just wonder why not let the plane automatically shooting?
    And I also think the game should minimize the requirement for connections in online mode, limit online requirement to only credits spending and daily quests. It is honestly annoying not be able to play the game at all offline.

11. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Received an alert that the game has been updated. I see no update. But according to the AppStore the game has been updated. Anyone know?:confused:

12. Infrarift

Infrarift Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Developer
    Perth, Australia
    Wow, thanks for all the replies! I knew I'd get great great and useful feedback from you guys here.

For the next update this is what I want to put:

- Option to switch control system to relative touch.
    - Add a button to switch an online account to offline. However it cannot be put back online late.
    - Add new 'broadcasts' into the inbox or something, where you can watch a video ad to earn 1 Credit.

The reason I didn't want offline and online accounts to 'mingle' is because I thought of maybe adding things like weekly PvP events or raid bosses later. Offline accounts can be cheated so that would ruin the balance there. But we'll see!

The new version (1.0.9) has already been updated on the AppStore and includes the following changes:

- Bug for the shader graphics should now be fixed.
    - IAPs changed. The 2 Credit and 50 Credit has been removed. 15 Credit tier added, and Gem Doubler also added.
    - Added a cool new plugin called "Everyplay" (HOWEVER THIS MAKES iPhone 4 lag, so please don't update to this version yet if using an iPhone 4). The plugin records a video replay of the latest level you play, so if you do a really cool level, you can watch it and upload it.
    - Nerfed enemy missiles a bit. They now have a larger disengage radius, and have an actual timeout if you can kite them long enough.

Thanks again to everyone for the great feedback, and for playing the game!

13. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    Can you at least make daily rewards accessible in an offline account? I assume it'd require connecting to claim the reward, but that much online requirement is reasonable enough.

14. Infrarift

Infrarift Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Developer
    Perth, Australia
    The video Credit rewards will fill that role. The entire inbox system can't be accessed from an offline account, so I'll just make the video Credit rewards spawn twice as much for offline players to compensate. Does that work for you?

15. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #75 Intendro, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    That means having to use up some of my phone's monthly data usage watching videos for that. I am surfing the Internet too much already. :p
    I won't be using that.

I really don't see why the daily reward can't function. Because it does function like I said in other games. :eek:

16. Infrarift

Infrarift Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Developer
    Perth, Australia
    Oh right. Good point. There's no reason it CAN'T function, it's just we gotta change the system a bit to support that. We can probably do it.

17. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    Great, thank you. :)

18. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Can't stop playing! I love this. Best shmup by far, very far.

19. Infrarift

Infrarift Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Developer
    Perth, Australia
    Thanks! I'm glad to see you enjoy it. You have no idea how much this means to me and my team.

20. Monty409

Monty409 New Member

Sep 8, 2014
    #80 Monty409, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    Okay, this game is AMAZING. I started playing the day it came out and have been hooked. With the recent patch fixing the graphical bugs I have no quarrels with this game. Its smooth, fast, and increasingly challenging. Aka PERFECT!
    I do have on question though. Would there be perhaps a one time option to move an offline account to online? As I started offline when I read about the server issues just to get a feel for the game, and didn't expect to log so much time and progress so far, section 13.4.