Universal Gemini Strike (by Armor Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Jamz159

Jamz159 New Member

Sep 9, 2014
    Wow. The boss of Sector 27 was hard. So hard that it made the next bosses seem like child's play.
    Intended to share my recording but I think I screwed up and it didn't upload. :(

Gotta say on the whole, I'm enjoying the game.
    Was just wondering though, I think it was Sectors 21, 25 and 29 didn't have any story or dialogue in them. Sector 30 had something very little in the beginning. And so far, no story at Sector 31 upto 31.5 (haven't reached the end of the sector yet).
    There was so much talk and stuff going on before Sector 20 and now it all just seems to have slumped. I understand at this point that some of the fuss has calmed down and the Upper Hierarchy haven't made a move but there could still be something else going on. A new character is introduced at Sector 26 (trying to be vague to avoid spoilers) but we've not had as much dialogue with him as I would have liked. I'm not quite enjoying this quiet period especially since the story is what keeps me going. I hope this is just a temporary phase and that things pick up more and become livelier.

2. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    As is often the case the game is very good but timers and pay model not my cup of tea. 5 stars for game 4 stars deducted for pay model. A premium price would have me buy this game because its excellent as I always prefer a full game that I can pay one price for. If the dev makes this option available I will buy.

3. Hcruz

Hcruz New Member

Sep 10, 2014
    Lost data

Wow just opened the app and found that all my progress has been lost. What happened? I assume this was a server issue. If we had a better offline mode this would not have happened.

4. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    How do you Switch Ships?

I bought the next one and it just says it in Stand by and I can't switch to it?

5. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #105 Echoen, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    If you normally play with internet and you happened to load the app while offline, it loads your offline profile instead. Restarting the app while connected to the internet should load your progress.

I had a feeling the friend requests weren't working for a while. I opened the app today and found 36 friend requests in my inbox, none of ehich I can add because it says i have too many requests made.

6. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    When you click on that ship on stand by, the next screen gives you the option to "use this ship." Otherwise, you haven't bought it, tapped on the wrong ship, server issue, or it's a bug. Tried restarting the app?

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    If you bought it, it automatically swaps you to your new ship. You can tap on other ships you own to equip them. I think standby means that's equipped.

8. Infrarift

Infrarift Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Developer
    Perth, Australia
    We didn't know how many people would even stick past Sector 20, and our budget and time was running short so that's why it seems to slump off after that. But now since a lot of players have said they enjoyed it and spent money on the IAPs, I'm planning to reinvest it back into a big content update that will see the story flesh out all the way to Sector 100 - as well as a ton of other new content.

If you are not enjoying the game at your Sector, then I suggest take a break and come back after we've done the update - and there will be a re-vamped story :)

Fun fact: As it is the game's script is already almost as long as a feature film's script!

9. Infrarift

Infrarift Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Developer
    Perth, Australia
    Thanks, this seems to be a bug that some people are using. Basically the data is still there, but for some reason the guest key being used to log in changes, so it thinks you are a different account.

I can definitely help you to restore your data back, but I need a bit more information first. Do you mind sending me an email to [email protected], or private message here? Then I'll fast track you to get your data back.

10. Infrarift

Infrarift Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Developer
    Perth, Australia
    Yup, seems to be happening to quite a few people. I don't know exactly what's going on either, never had anything like this appear during testing. But I'll do what I can to help you fix it.

Please send me an email at [email protected] or a private message here with some more information (account display name, Facebook or guest account?, Sector cleared to) and I'll help you solve it as soon as I can.

11. FateRiddle

FateRiddle Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    #111 FateRiddle, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    https://everyplay.com/videos/9143729

This video I just made typically shows how RPG elements can potentially be a disaster to shooting game.

BTW, there's a bug that happens quite often that all enemies would fly off the screen(and game stuck in that state indefinitely with an empty screen and your ship), leaving you no choice but to start over.

12. Infrarift

Infrarift Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Developer
    Perth, Australia
    Very tanky ship!

Does the bug happen on elite units only, or normal as well? I think it may be to do with the items. Could you please show me what items / modules you have equipped? And does unequipping any particular one fix it for you?

13. FateRiddle

Jun 3, 2014
    All unites. But the bug could have been started by small bosses( I remember one time I killed a small boss before it flew away, and game progressed normally).

I tried to switch ships, but only 50% of the times it solves the problem, and switching sectors is also helping. My items:
    spectre turrent VX: scatter shots deal 175% ship's damage
    raiden screen MK-X: 85% chance block 50% damage
    predator turret VX: lasers deal 200% ship's damage
    melchior servo MK-X: repair 50% HP whenever stay still for 5 sec

14. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh my gosh. SERIOUSLY?? Story till 100 levels?? YES PLEASE. I will pay more money and play this game forever. When the iphone 6 releases I will enjoy it x2 more as well. Tell whoever is writing it that the story is amazing for such a game that usually has little to no story. Put more in and I think it'll convince people to continue playing for a long time. I also love the random chats that appear even after grinding levels (that don't actually progress the story). It seems like I'm always doing something :)

15. Infrarift

Infrarift Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Developer
    Perth, Australia
    Thanks for the information. I don't see any patterns in the items and the elites disappearing :s Is there any particular Sector where it happens often constantly?

I really appreciate your help to assist me in solving this problem :)

16. FateRiddle

Jun 3, 2014
    Not particularly in any pattern. 22 or 23 maybe. Lately, one thing for sure is unless I change something, the bug is 100% triggered.

17. Infrarift

Infrarift Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Developer
    Perth, Australia
    Thanks. Last questions - what device are you playing on? Any lag or framerate issues? If you can take a screenshot of the menu / sector that you are in before the level that bugs that would be super helpful.

Thanks!

18. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Any suggestions for how to get past the blockade in sector 2? I have tried several times and it seems impossible.....what am I missing here?

19. Infrarift

Infrarift Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Developer
    Perth, Australia
    Try this: https://everyplay.com/videos/9136529

I thought the blockades were pretty easy, but a lot of people think they are hard and then blame me for trying to paywall them :( I think maybe the first few blockades will be nerfed next patch...

20. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    I had trouble with the blockades, then I just realized I sucked, farmed for credits for an item that would heal me, then I just breezed through them.