Universal Gene Effect - (by Lightstorm3D)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 4, 2012.

1. NetWhiz

NetWhiz New Member

Jul 12, 2012
    #281 NetWhiz, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    I already did that (hence the icon for that us task not being shown in the upper corner anymore). :confused:

After trying again, I must have not been flying into the scanner correctly or something, but got through. Thanks.

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #282 awp69, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    Just had a minor question. I still absolutely love this game, but it's one of those games where I really want to take my time going through so short gameplay sessions are usually out of the question (and, realistically, with no mid-mission save system, impossible).

So even though I have this high on my list of the best games this year (probably the best in terms of an engrossing gaming experience), I haven't finished the game largely because of the lack of long periods of playtime (20+ minutes). And, of course, I sometimes fail a mission even when I do have those periods.

Sorry for the longwinded background, but the main question is how many missions are there? Sounds like there's at least 19 from an earlier post. I'm on mission 11. Just curious more than anything of how far along I am.

I've played mission 11 about six times -- one in which I was just missing one thing and was getting a little frustrated trying to find it (but that's also part of the fun of the exploration).

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
  4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    That was helpful! JK.

5. reglmk83

reglmk83 New Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Rah artifact

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me with the first/A part of the rah artifact?
    I'm pretty sure it is on the mission 6 time attack map, but cannot find it, and I'm starting to get furious :(
    Thanks in advance

6. h.s

h.s New Member

Jul 21, 2012
    I concur with the general opinion around here - nice gameplay, cool effects, very interesting story - way to go!

Heck, the devs even offer an explanation for the common medpack effect (just go near certain objects and be healed) - okay, "nano hull gets repaired by energy influx" still amounts to "uh, space magic...?", but it's clearly preferrable to the usual "shut up, that's the way it works" ;-)

On the con side: anti-climactic ending with too many open questions (which might be a good thing as a buildup to ep 2)...

... and, more important: At times it is not challenging anymore but simply frustrating, especially when you search in vain for those artifacts without knowing if there even is one in a given level. I won't even try to complete all trophies; I'm usually a completionist, but this is too random and time-consuming for me.

However, the one thing I'd like to complete are actually the artifacts - and for the life of me I just can't find the Rah B and C elements and the Zi B element; would someone care to tell me where to find them...? Would be much appreciated ;-)

Cheers
    HS

7. andyd273

andyd273 New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    #287 andyd273, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
    I have Rah B and C, but cannot find A.
    I will trade you B and C for A.

For B: in 7, just above the exit gate is one of the 3 color doors. The artifact is inside.

For C: in 8, Also behind a 3 color door. from the start go up, right at the first fork then up at the second (its a fast jog). The door is just a little bit into this first passage.

You have to repulse for them to show up, meaning, start blasting away at the wall or the 3 color door stays hidden, and I don't think it gets a breakable rock indicator.

8. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Hey guys, sorry for the bump...but is this worth buying for $3? It just came out on Android so I am heavily considering doing so. TQ.

Yes/No answer is much appreciated!

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    For me, YES.

10. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I'd recommend that you just read the thread and make that determination yourself. There enough pages here that can help. You may be able to cull enough info to draw your own conclusions based on your personal tastes. At the very least scrub through the thread for key words that capture your interest.

11. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Thanks guys. I ended up buying it but it is so sloooooow. And not to mention boring after 2 missions. Like a poor man's Waking Mars.

Do things change soon?

12. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ahhhhhh !!!!

UPDATE!!!

I can hardly breathe!! Update !!!!!! Controller support... Widescreen support... So much more !!!! Gahhhhhh!!!

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ahahahaha!

Yeah, this is a fantastic exploration type of game.

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yes, it is... and the graphics are fantastic. The story is also great (if you're willing to read every bit you can). Gene Effect has been a favorite of mine since it was released, and I'm SO freak'n excited to play through it again on my 5th gen... also very interested to see how it plays with a controller (I should have mine by Monday [hopefully Saturday]).

If anyone hasn't got this yet, and is into exploration games - get it. You won't regret it.

15. gueschmid

gueschmid New Member

Mar 2, 2014
    Hallo,

i am also looking for Part A of RAH! Do anyone have a good Tipp for me?

I am also found some hidden rooms, but all hidden Tempels. Sometimes I think i found a hidden room, but cant find the endrance. For example in Level 8 at the ground of the blinking cave. Very frustrating.

How important are the artifacts?

Gueschmid

I´m playing genr effect on my ouya.

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Awwww damn....

I wasn't expecting any more updates, but it sucks that this has been pulled. It's not in my purchase history either. =o(

RIP Gene Effect... A game that'll never leave my iPhone 5...

Damnit these lighting effects are great...

Wish we could have seen more from these devs.