Universal Gene Effect - (by Lightstorm3D)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 4, 2012.

1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Damn synth, I'm saving credits for Nova 3 stop with those impressive impression :p

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Really, you'd be better off getting this than a cheesy sci-fi FPS. =oP

At least IMO... especially on a touch device...

Actually... I've got a proposition for ya...

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    WOW!!!
    What twists in the story!!!!
    It's getting pretty hard too!!!
    The more I play, the more I'm amazed by the audio-visual presentation.
    One of the best looking game for sure....the lighting on the waterfalls fog...wow!

I'm not really interested in relics as they seems to be only a score thing...but I'm really interested in the artifacts that enhance the ship...I guess a list would be useless if their position is random...is it?
    And the briefings do not tell if there are any in the level... :(
    Found only one so far.

Definitely a strong contender for my goty this year too.

4. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I think making a list of them here would kind of ruin it... as searching for them adds quite a bit of gameplay... =o/

Just my opinion though...

5. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Yes but how are you looking for them?
    I try to bump in every suspicious spot but I'm dying A LOT doing so.
    At first I thought you would have to search around only when the ship nav system says 'anomaly detected' but I'm not finding anything.
    How do you do?

Amazing game nonetheless...

6. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
  7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks...that's more or less what I'm doing too...but I stll die A LOT :)
    I'm now stuck on the first 'relic' mission and I do not want to proceed till I find the relic.

8. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    well damn... sorry I could be of more help. =o/

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Got this earlier today and i am impressed by the quality of this game. It almost feels like a roguelike to me with the exploration. Very well-planned and well-executed.

Definitely gets a recoomendation from me.

10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Ehehe thanks really.
    I was able to find 2 new relics tough :)
    I was hoping you had some secret advice :p like a sound or something particular to watch for.
    Trying to find everything on a level could take YEARS tough.
    I wish they had a % exploring/level completion instead of scoring tough...at least I would have some reference...but it really adds to the atmospheric exploration.

Did you upgraded anything?

11. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yeah, I've upgraded the sonar range (KHI), and have one of the RAH (repulsor turbo loader) artifacts... I'm thinking there might be an artifact in Mission 6, but it's timed so I'm having one hell of a time trying to look and make sure there either is or isn't one there... =oP

I've got 100% of the relics on missions 1-7 though...

I'm also trying to get the time and navigation medals, as well as gold medaling all of the stages...

I thought that the last medal (the one next to gold... with the 5 things sticking up) was for getting gold, plus the navigation and time awards... but I was wrong... NO idea what that last award is for...

Any clues?

**this game is a completionists wetdream. =oD

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Or a nightmare, from the look of things happening. :D

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    nah... no way it comes close to being a nightmare. I don't think it's frustrating at all.... maybe a bit hard. But I love that. I can't wait to get to the late teens missions... I bet they're INSANE. =oD

Right now, I'm on Mission 14... but like I've said, I've gone back, and am re-playing the missions again to find all the relics and artifacts... also re-reading the story just to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Then, once I actually complete the game, I'm going to go back and try and get all of the navigation, time and gold medals as well as whatever that last medal is... and the way it's looking, I won't even be sick of playing after I do all that.... might wind up trying to max my score and better my times... =oD

last time I was this hooked on a game was... with Robo5. And I didn't stop until I 100% completed the game, got every achievement, and, at the time, hit the #1 spot on all of the GC leaderboards. Before that... Space Tripper.

There's only a handful of games in the AppStore that I become completely obsessed over. This is officially one of them. =oD

14. sakinnuso

sakinnuso Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    u guys are making this sound amazing. i am hesitating because of the lack of HD for ipad 3. has anyone heard about an update?? from your descriptions, this game sounds like it would be wounderful with full retina enabled...

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    dunno about full iPad 3 Retina, but I do know that a Universal update is coming in the future....

**BTW, I contacted the developer and told them about this thread... here's what they said...

So they should be able to answer that. =o)

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Ended up spending a lot of money on quite a bit of worthless apps this week. Wish I went with this instead. :/ Oh well, I guess if it's another slow week by Thursday, I'll get this. :(

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I guess im lucky to have held off on most titles this week. I only got Gene Effect, Pandemic and Victorian Mysteries The Moonstone (which was free), and theyre all great buys, although Pandemic's a little buggy at times, but hey, nothing updates cant fix.

18. sakinnuso

sakinnuso Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    thx! btw...followed the link to your blog from your posts. nice blog! if you begin covering a lot of the obscure stuff that TA misses, your blog will become a great backup! also, no app news and rumors?

19. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ha, thanks... and yeah, we have a guy that covers app news, rumors, and interviews... but he doesn't post too often. If you go back a couple pages through the older posts, you'll see... =oP

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The problem is all these $0.99 purchases add up in the end. Honestly, the only thing I spent more than a buck on was Brainsss (which I just couldn't stand... sorry folks enjoying it :/), but yeah... looks like I'll end up getting this when Gabrien does. :p