Universal Gene Effect - (by Lightstorm3D)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 4, 2012.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
  2. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    I put on some nice Sony headphones last night while playing this. Wow. Damn amazing sound effects. The music and effects, the whole atmosphere really put you in the game. I got a couple stares from my wife, she just doesn't understand.

I bought this off synths posts. Best $5 I've spent on iOS in a long time.

3. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    WOOO!!! Glad I got someone else hooked. =oD

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Don't know if I would call a week with Little Hero, a new King of Fighters, Lego Harry Potter, a new (and massive) RPG by the developer of Across Age, and Gene Effect a "slow week," but to each his own. BTW, I would also check out Space Squad, another decent game that didn't get much attention this week.

5. Keeper_LS3D

Keeper_LS3D Member

May 6, 2012
    3D Artist and Managing Director
    Germany
    Hi there

Thank you all for the positive reaction and critics so far.

Yes, it´s true: We are working on a patch right now! To give some informations about this upcoming patch:
    The main focus of this update will be iPad support. Hopefully a iPad 3 support as well but we will see.
    Also we will add ingame brightness control and a lot of small fixes and adjustments.

@syntheticvoid
    The last medal is really for hardcore players. It´s a platin medal and you can get if you have max score (including all things that generates points...but you don´t have to destroy all mines ^^) and perfect navigation.

Greets,
    Marco
    Lightstorm3D

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    It is kind of slow, well for me at least. I only got Little Hero, because KoF and HP are not for me, didn't enjoy years 1-4. Gene Effect will be my next purchase, I'll just save FMA credits or buy/win a new gift card for Nova 3, because synth's impressions are just too good to ignore :p

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I play with headphones too (in bed at night)...wife isn't pleased too :)
    I even bumped up a bit sound effects over music in the options...really atmospheric.
    That's why I hope device rotation is added soon...the headphone jack gets really in the way I keep my hands on the device.
    Too bad because, not being a fan or virtual stick, the dev really nailed those down...they are pretty perfect (I'm liking this controls better than Waking Mars).
    That and no multitask support are the only flaws I found in a pratically perfect game...I'm forced to block incoming calls fearing some call would force me to restart a mission, which are becoming pretty long.

8. sakinnuso

sakinnuso Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    bah...pulled the trigger but waiting for the update to play it. hope u guys are right about the retina update. my ipad3 wants something girgeous to display!!

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =o/

I didn't say anything about a retina update... Universal... yessums. Retina... no idea.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Probably the stupidest question here so far, but this is retina enabled on iPhone, ya? >_>

11. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yes. At least I"m pretty sure it is. game looks FANTASTIC.

After the Universal update, I really do hope that they wind up making it Retina for the iPad 3... would look AMAZING. I'd be extremely jealous... but I really think it would get all the graphic geeks to pay attention. =oP

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It is.

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    phew, thanks for that...

there's a couple of games that I could swear were retina, but aren't... =o/

Guess my eyes just aren't what they use to be.

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Void, I don't like you. I have the damn page open in iTunes and I'm just staring at that "$4.99 Buy App" button. Why do you do this to me? Let's see how long I can hold off pressing it now.

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    look... if you like games with exploration involved... this is a MUST have. So just hit that damn buy button. If exploration doesn't interest you one little bit, or you're actually turned off by it, chances are, this game will just piss you off. (though I don't know how in the world people couldn't like exploring in games...) =oP

16. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #76 Vovin, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
    THIS game, ladies and gentleman, is fantastic.

From the controls, which are absolutely on spot, superb graphics and great musics and sounds to a epic atmosphere and a responsive UI, there's nearly nothing more you could wish for.
    Great story is just anozher plus for this game.
    Liked the atmosphere of "The Dig" and "Waking Mars"?

Now go, folks, spend your bucks on this masterpiece.
    Especially those who enjoyed Waking Mars. And everybody else.

Rating: 5/5

P.S.: there might be a chance that I've tipped metalcasket over the edge.

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    woohoo!! Another one in the bag...

I'm surprised how active this thread is today... it's a freak'n Sunday. The forums are usually DEAD on the weekends. Can't wait til the weekday people come back to the forums and jump all over this as well. =oD

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #78 metalcasket, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
    Bromance Alert: The problem here is that it's you telling me to buy this. If it were anyone else, save for a select few, I would shrug it off... but it's you. The same person who instead of listening to me and grabbing a promo code for Blocks Hurt!, trusted me enough to actually buy it (and hey, look... it's been in your sig for over 2 weeks) is telling me to get this. We share an extremely similar taste in games (felt exactly the same way about Brainsss, for example), so just how in the ****in' hell am I supposed to say no to that?

Now why did you have to go and do that? dklfhdjksfgjksdgfjkgsd MUST.NOT.SPEND.AMOUNT.LESS.THAN.A.MEAL.AT.MCDONALDS.ON.A.STELLAR.GAME!

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

I actually brought this to Pitta's attention.
    He is my personal Game Testing Servant so I told him to buy it. Then he convinced me to get it, too.

This should be one if tA's GotY candidates.

20. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    oh, I wasn't saying I convinced you... not trying to take loads of credit here... just meant that the game had another fan. =oP