Generations (working title) a Metroidvania type game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Diablohead, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    So far it's been playable but it can be adjusted a little once I get the game into testing, it might look better in ipad mode on the pc then iphone 5 size.

2. twotimingpete

twotimingpete New Member

Feb 23, 2013
    This looks really great. I love metroidvania, and, in fact, am developing my own (www.ghostsonggame.com for some screens) but I've always felt as though there's no way to really properly make a game like this control on a touch screen. I'd be open to doing it if I thought it was possible. I'm hoping you can shed a little light on how the basic gameplay works and how the game plays.

also, what tools and language are you using to develop the game? I can't wait to see it/play it.

3. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    Sorry again for slow replies here but I am still working on this game, doing stuff every day I have spare until it is done.

By next month I should have a stable and playable build, but for now you can have a gif of trees:

[​IMG](buttons can be moved around)

And here is a sample of some of the music for the game: https://soundcloud.com/diablohead/sets/nakiti-generations

4. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Looks good.
    I don't trust those trees tough, they are up to something.

5. This game looks great! Can't wait to play it. I love the good old school platformers - they remind me happy times ;)

6. mestour

mestour Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    is it comming to android and ouya too ?
    And i would love to help you with soundtracks if you want :)

7. Blackcat1313

Blackcat1313 Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Whoa! Holy crap that is beautiful :)

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looks great. Will follow progress.

9. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Any progress on this game?

10. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    Sorry for being so slow on a reply, I still work on this game nearly every day but it's taking much longer then planned.

It's doing great, few bugs here and there, cut content so I can actually finish the game in some sort of good time frame but there is always updates for that kind of thing.

I'm actually in talks with a few publishers about the game which is really exciting to me, i've never had this kind of opportunity in my gaming life and it's all putting more pressure on me making a good game :)

As for android and ouya, well I have tried to get my game running as it is on the android runtime for multimedia fusion 2 but it's not having it and will crash with no idea why but I have not spent much time working that out, for now it's on hold for those devices.

PC version is completely possible but I would have to start keyboard binding all the swipe commands and touch screen stuff to buttons.

11. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    As for publishers, you should talk to Crescent Moon. Josh is AWESOME to deal with, and has an excellent list of games under his name. :)