GeoDefense Swarm Strategies here

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by skyye06, Sep 15, 2009.

1. maelstrom83

maelstrom83 Member

Sep 10, 2009
    As it turns out, that 12 mil The Race Is On high score was, in fact, legitimate. After some tweaking to my strategy, I managed over 15 million.

The high scoring aspect to Swarm is amazing. It's a lot more fun than GeoDefense Classic because you can be a lot more surgical with tower placement and repeatable tactics.

Attached Files:

2. catfood_maker

catfood_maker New Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Here you go :)

Attached Files:

3. Elysium

Elysium Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    #183 Elysium, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
    Can't let maelstrom get too cocky being on top of the Looking Glass leaderboard.

11.35 mil, x2383

daaaamnit... just started with x771 and then inexplicably died during wave 5.

4. Copied21

Copied21 New Member

Oct 23, 2009
    If you use lasers too early or use too many of them then most creeps end up getting killed at 1x when they could be 10x or higher. The key to a decent score is to rack up 50x multiers for each creep during the first few waves by making sure that only the bare minimum force required to keep the creep from exiting is used.

Regards

Copied

_____
    dossier surendettement

5. maelstrom83

maelstrom83 Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Good god, man. 771 from your first wave?

EDIT: Oh, and grats! Looks like Paul's making some significant upward movement, too.

6. maelstrom83

maelstrom83 Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Almost didn't pass the latest highscore. 2499x, 11.42 mil. 1 health! :D

7. heathenpoet

heathenpoet Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Ahh, I've been stuck on this level forever - tis the only one of the medium levels I can't complete! I kinda wish I hadn't peeped at that screenshot, but I didn't take it all in. Hopefully it'll help!

I'm so addicted to GeoDefense (both original and swarm). I'd never played a TD game before - I just *love* the graphics... might be my favourite thing style/design-wise on the iPod.

Anyway, I guess that's off-topic. Just feel I need some kind of GeoDefense Anonymous outlet for my addiction.

8. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Just finished this game. I had been avoiding this thread until I finished... didn't want any spoilers. I found "the race is on" to be the hardest level. Kind of sad that I am done with it... can anyone suggest similar strategy games that involve a lot of thought?

Saw a bunch of screenshots of the hard endless level so I thought I'd post mine... made it to wave 237. Only played it once because it took forever.

[​IMG]

9. maelstrom83

maelstrom83 Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Grats! Glad you enjoyed it. Have you tried GeoDefense Classic? It's fixed-path so it's a rather different sort of gameplay, but it's still a ton of fun. I'm looking forward to the next step in the series or new levels from the developer.

I had finished GD: Swarm and put it down for a while, and then started playing again with high scores as my goal. I'm currently #1 on The Race Is On and Looking Glass, although there's some good competition for the top spots on Looking Glass.

Nucleotide, The Hatch, and The Race Is On were definitely my top three most difficult levels, with The Hatch being the hardest for me. The Race Is On was really tough at first until I made some realizations about how they path to the exit. After adjusting my strategy, it's now one of my favorite levels.

As for other games, I've heard Fieldrunners is a lot of fun, but I haven't tried it. I don't typically play a game without a demo or lite version.

10. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    I have played the original geoDefense as well... that and Swarm are definitely my two favorite iPod games. I liked Swarm a little better because geoDefense didn't really have a grid to snap to and I felt like it was hard to get a tower exactly where i wanted it.

Scouring the app store looking for other good strategy games now. I have fieldrunners... it is pretty good but didn't hold my attention the way the GD games did.

11. The Predator

The Predator New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Guys, lamo question here but, it is killing me. How do I initiate any "upgrade" I've inadvertently done it but did not know what I did???? HELP can't move on with out it, Thanks

12. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    you mean how to upgrade a tower? tap on it, then I think you tap the button with an arrow pointing upwards that appears

13. The Predator

The Predator New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Thanks wootbean. Now time for a rookie assault!

14. meddal

meddal New Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Okay so i beat the highest score but for some reason im not on the leaderboards....I did lit like three times. now as i move on from my favorite game I present to u this is the endless of the hard levels

[​IMG]
    basically upgrade the purple hexes and the green to level 6

[​IMG]

Put up the lasers and upgrade them to level 7. in any order that you like
    u can double the waves too just know when its the right time

[​IMG]

Replace the purple with the yellow upgrade to level 7
    then upgrade 5 of the reds to 7
    then upgrade the lasers any order

[​IMG]

Upgrade the 2 of the side lasers then 2 shocks and
    you are free to upgrade in any order....

[​IMG]

after all 5 shocks are fully upgraded
    add 5 more lasers and upgrade
    then you are free to copy the image and keep up upgrading
    remember purple hexex then lasers then missile and shock

oh yeah you can replace the green ones with some shock towers

[​IMG]

My very first post i just had to do it coz i promised myself

15. elitistjrk

elitistjrk New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    First time post, anyone know why the top scores won't show up on leaderboards? For some reason it still shows my score of 1.7xxxxxxxxx

Apologies if this doesn't show up, I'm not so forum savvy.

[​IMG]

16. Stock R

Stock R New Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Just wanted to say I love this game. I got it basically when it first came out and have been playing it since but really suck at it.

I'm amazed at the solutions some of you guys have figured out.

I'd really like to beat some of the harder levels for me (aka medium) on my own but I'm having some trouble.

Can someone give me an explanation of what each tower is good for, best usage of each tower, and the best way to strategy in turns of upgrading?

17. AznMarkofDaFiji

Mar 7, 2009
    Student
    Rancho Cucamonga
    I d/led the Reactor expansion a while ago and I'm having problems with Quadnauseum and Skippy's Revenge

Anyone beat these?

18. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    #198 spacecowgoesmoo, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
    Quadnauseum - I put 1 laser at the top and bottom of each row, and filled the rest with greens.

Skippy - Spammed missile towers, with one yellow tower where the 2 paths converge. I only upgraded the missile towers near the yellow tower, left the rest of the missiles at level 1 while upgrading the yellow tower a bit.

19. fireball1331

fireball1331 New Member

Mar 16, 2010
    I just spent a week trying to complete skippy and i can't get it to work no matter how i try it.

What do you mean about 'Spammed'? what path did you make? did you put the yellow above or below where they converge?

20. mrbofus

mrbofus Member

Sep 22, 2009
    This is the only way I was able to beat Skippy's Revenge:

[​IMG]

I didn't build the slow towers until level 9 or 10 I think. I didn't upgrade any of the rocket towers, just the slow towers.