GeoDefense Swarm Strategies here

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by skyye06, Sep 15, 2009.

1. maelstrom83

maelstrom83 Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Nucleotide took me a while but I finished it. It's basically all blasters. If I can do it again and get a screencap, I'll post it.

2. Silversurfer81

Sep 19, 2009
    How do I use the Vortex ?
    I am stuck at Lvl 1 Medium. Tried to build the towers as showed but always go down at wave 11-12...

I think I have to use the Vortex but how ?
    Is it just that I can attach them to a tower and let them explode once ? Is that all ? Or is there something esle going on with these things that I dont see atm ?

3. iShamus

iShamus New Member

Sep 20, 2009
    The Hatch

I am close to beating it, i am making rows and rows of up and down thumpers. I still get nailed. Any ideas?

4. ipvndm

ipvndm New Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Here was my strategy. The missiles were too slow for the last wave so I figured I'd try lasers. I let most of the yellow ones through and barely cleared. Not nearly the best but I hope it helps.

Attached Files:

5. fletchnuts

fletchnuts Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Well, I finally beat Medium Level 7 "Nucleotide." I made sure to take screens on my final attempt (I was fairly sure I had a victorious strategy in hand). The screens are attached below.

The first few stages are used to establish the path with blasters and place your first laser. Then I split my focus between upgrading the main laser bank and extending and fine tuning the path. The secondary lasers come in on stage 12 and are immediately upgraded.

If you implement this strategy correctly you should lose no more than two creeps. The first is on the final stage of yellow creeps, and one in the last stage.

I hope this helps!

Attached Files:

6. Real Racing Fan

Real Racing Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I wish
    THE MATRIX
    Um..

Not to bug you guys but aren't these spoilers?
    PS: Must cover my eyes! I have geodefense swarm! Don't want to get less of a replay value! LOL:)

7. fletchnuts

fletchnuts Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Some people asked for screens so I provided them. You don't have to look at them.

8. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Maybe I should have made the title more clear for you.

This was made so there wouldnt be any spoilers in the original thread, I would think most would infer this is a place if your stuck you can find how to beat a certain level and that includes pics

9. IKnowHow2Fly

IKnowHow2Fly Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    How can there be spoilers for a game with no story?
    The thread title has "strategies" right in it, what would you expect there to be here?

10. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    "Y me?" is giving me such grief.. it seems like i keep losing to the red cube guys.. do you place the laser towers by the Y first, or along the sides?

Is it better to have more towers or less but highly upgraded?

11. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    same question. I get owned on wave 7

12. maelstrom83

maelstrom83 Member

Sep 10, 2009
    #52 maelstrom83, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
    Very nice, I hadn't tried an arrangement like that. I tried an all-blaster maze (I think my best is 3 health left at finish) and an all-laser maze (my best is 4 health at finish), but it sounds like you've got a safer strategy here. I'll move my screens off my iphone tomorrow and post them.

I'm still waiting for help with The Hatch. :( I'm also having a bit of difficulty with The Race (Hard 3?) past wave 3. But that's less frustrating than The Hatch to me.

EDIT: Just finished Hard 3. I'll upload something tomorrow. FUN level.

13. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Dude...I am currently stucking in "A bit of a Junggle", tried hundreds of times but cannot make it. The worst thing is the game is telling me "It is the easiest one in this game" which is really peace me off.

Anyone can help?

Cheers

14. Elysium

Elysium Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    To beat this level, you just have to "juggle" the creeps. What this means is you simply block off all the passageways except one, and when they get near the end, you delete one tower on the far side of the map (far from where the creeps currently are) and then you quickly block the path to the exit with a new tower. Normally, this would bring you a red "you can't place this tower here" hex, but since you opened up a new path to the exit, on the far side, it will let you block them. The creeps will simply turn around and go alllll the way back to the other side, where you simply do the same maneuver again and send them back and forth until they die.

You can also use this tactic to beat some of the other levels, though it is often considered "cheap."

Also, it's not pretty, but here is my first all-lives-saved victory in Nucleotide:

[​IMG]

15. doublezz

Sep 21, 2009

16. fivejane

fivejane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 23, 2009
    #56 fivejane, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
    I beat this level with no upgrades, using only lasers and a few blasters for positioning.

The key to waves 1-7 is to leave a gap on each side of the "stem" of the Y. To get a 10-health clear, you will have to buy and sell a few lasers on the sides of the map but you can win w/out this. In general, build up lasers all along the bottom of the Y (starting at the "armpits") but leave a gap on each side halfway down the stem. This will force creeps through the Y. The red waves are tough and you should anticipate them by placing lasers along the exit wall (right on 3 (mid-wave), left on 7) around the top of the orange strips. Sell these towers after each red wave.

Around wave 8 you will have enough money to make your final path. Use green towers at first and replace them with blues. What you want is for the creeps to be forced to use the Y (so block off the top left and right corners of the Y). Block off the two middle hexes that I told you to leave open before, and open a hex on the top of the top right of the Y and the bottom of the top left of the Y. So creeps from the right will immediately enter the Y and go along the speedup tiles, while creeps from the left will go all the way to the right, then into the Y and back across the same path.

For waves 12-13, use any extra cash to fill the bottom area with lasers. You can clear it with no losses and no upgrades in this way. Sorry for the lack of screencaps.

If you just want to beat it, the following is enough:

1) Leave a gap in the middle of each side of the stem to force creeps down the Y

2) Line the rest of the bottom edge (including L/R) of the Y with lasers

3) Path the creeps into the top right of the Y and out of the top left of the Y (this requires plugging the holes from (1))

4) Use any extra cash to cover the exit (bottom of the top left) of the Y with lasers

17. rubberducky

rubberducky New Member

Sep 21, 2009
    I am also having problems with the "hatch." I have been working hours at this. I tried all pulsing towers. then i tried that with a combo of shock towers and sometimes i throw in a few missile. i usually get killed around wave 15 or 16. help

18. doublezz

Sep 21, 2009
    I just done that level, maybe it can give you a light
    [​IMG]

19. NigerianWarlord

NigerianWarlord New Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Another Strategy

Whats the record so far on Crazy 88?
    I managed to get to level 235 on my first pass.

The thumpers were critical at the lower levels, then I started to replace them with Shock Generators and let the lasers do the work.\

I ended up with nothing to do....and a pile of extra cash.

Attached Files:

20. ronhanson

ronhanson New Member

Apr 28, 2009
    VerRace is on

Very nice one dude!

One question : have you managed to pass the level hard 3 "The Race is On"... :mad:
    I always fail 2 waves before the end...

Any idea? Tactics? Screenshots :D?