GeoDefense Swarm Strategies here

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by skyye06, Sep 15, 2009.

1. NigerianWarlord

NigerianWarlord New Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Yes, That one is quite easy actually.

Just place blasters in a wall, making the creeps go completely around the back, and through a channel.

Place one laser behind the exit to intercept them as you build your channel.

Sorry no screen shot at this time.

2. ronhanson

ronhanson New Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Thanks

Hey thanks a lot mate,
    but it is not sufficient for the next levels... I cant find the solution... any more detailed tactic or screenshots are welcome :D ...

3. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Thanks so much for your description! Of course i'm at work now, but i look forward to giving that a shot! Thanks for taking the time to write that up!

4. maelstrom83

maelstrom83 Member

Sep 10, 2009
    #64 maelstrom83, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
    I finally figured out The Race Is On last night, and then set to work seeing what kind of score I could squeak out. I'm currently #3 on the OpenFeint leaderboard for high score. I'll let you figure that part out. ;)

I used a sort of ironic setup on this level, considering one of the failure tips emphasizes blasters. One tip: Watch the creeps make an unobstructed path to the exit. Most of them will clump onto a single hex if you give them enough time. Considering that, I decided to try out lasers and treat it much like Inward Spiral. It's one of my favorite levels now. Bear in mind you have to start out with one laser with mostly blasters to create the path, then replace the blasters as you get enough money. You also have to be quick to get a second laser down during the first purple star wave (I think it's wave 3 or 4).

My screenshot is below.

!!!SPOILER!!!

Attached Files:

5. mylala

mylala New Member

Aug 31, 2009
    #65 mylala, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
    some screens

Attached Files:

6. fivejane

fivejane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 23, 2009
    Here is my strategy for M3, described clumsily in a previous post.

First frame shows waves 1-7. Towers marked with whole numbers should be placed before that wave, and those with a .5 are placed ASAP during that wave. Any tower not marked with a number will be placed after wave 7.

Red hexes should be placed and then deleted after that wave.

Waves 8-13 are shown in their own images (beginning of 8, end of 9, after 10, after 11, final). It's a bit hectic during wave 10 (that's when I plug up the holes in the stem).

Attached Files:

7. scrag555

scrag555 New Member

Sep 18, 2009
    #67 scrag555, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
    Level - medium - the hatch
    I've tried using that method about 10 times and it's just not working... What order do you have to upgrade everything... I get to level 18 and creeps are still getting through.... I'm seriously ready to throw my phone at the wall... Help!!!!

8. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    dang, good job writing that all up! I'm trying it out now, but i thought i'd thank you in advance for a great post!

9. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Hey there, I just beat it..

I focused on upgrading the slow towers pretty heavily, and also the rockets are your priority. Make sure you don't let any get through at the beginning... you have to be fast placing the thump towers. Once you have a solid maze going, make sure you start upgrading the thump towers.. money will start coming in, so you make sure you spend it fast! I upgraded the ones closest to the exit first, assuming the creeps would be most damaged by then.

The trick is that with those round creeps, they push away missiles. That's why you need to have at least some upgraded thump towers, and slow towers to bring them back to speed..

10. scrag555

scrag555 New Member

Sep 18, 2009
    thanks mate.... i'll give it a go in my lunchtime.... hopefully the wall doesn't have to be used !!!!

11. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    At the begining of the game, focus on thurnder tower, build them as many as possible, mixed with shock tower as the picture does.

Then in the middle of the game start replacing some thurnder tower with rocket tower as the picture.

Don't forget to upgrade the shock towser as well.

12. fivejane

Patreon Bronze

Feb 23, 2009
    No prob! This was a tough level for me, to be sure. Hope you were able to clear it.

13. gtcharlie

gtcharlie Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Liking the game so far as it is a change from the original. I am having a great deal of trouble with Medium 5 right now. Am I missing some kind of trick here regarding the different entrances? Help would be appreciated.

14. MrSnowman

MrSnowman New Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Spiral outwards from the exit.

15. gtcharlie

Dec 30, 2008
    Not sure what you mean by that.

16. fivejane

Patreon Bronze

Feb 23, 2009
    Build this starting at the middle and moving outward. Once you reach the edges, you can modify the path based on which entrance is currently active (though you shouldn't have to). No need to upgrade until you get all towers placed. This setup is overkill - not recommended for big score multipliers.

Attached Files:

17. gtcharlie

Dec 30, 2008
    Thanks. This game along with the original just seems so much better to me than all the other TD games. Up until now I didn't really like open path TD games but this one seems different.

18. Dawme

Dawme New Member

Mar 20, 2009
    I still can't beat the hatch. I use a strategy similar to the picture posted but for some reasons, my slow towers don't hit fastest creeps from wave 18 so they just go through my maze at full speed and aren't killed..

19. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    #79 Wegmans, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
    Here is what I most recently beat it with... I've been trying different strategies, and for what it's worth, this one worked!

So get the paths down first with the thump towers, then when you can afford it, start placing shock towers here and there, selling existing thump towers if you need to. You need to make sure you have them as upgraded as possible, then put missile towers in.

for like wave 3 or 4, usually there is one creep that slips by, so that's when you may want to consider placing a missile tower a couple rows down to intercept him

Attached Files:

20. maelstrom83

maelstrom83 Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I finally passed The Hatch with 1 life remaining. Great level design on David's part... but my god, what a pain in the ass.