Geometry War coming

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by adot777, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    why not add a option toggle to turn the background picture on and off , have some different grid choices in there... maybe different colors of the ship some people prefer other colors as they are harder to see or easier to see....

2. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Oh... I thought this was actually going to be a Geometry Wars port when I saw the title. =/

3. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    How about 'Calculus Battle' then?

Eh? Eh?

4. mezdup

mezdup Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Geometric Genocide
    GeoGeno for short when its an icon on your ipod

5. adot777

adot777 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    That sound very good!:)

6. adot777

Aug 19, 2009
    yeah, it's a perfected advise.:):)

7. adot777

Aug 19, 2009
    war , battle which is better?

8. adot777

Aug 19, 2009
    en. it's designed base from Geometry war, sure, there a little difference.

9. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    you could call it Fractal Fighter

10. bone.rate

bone.rate Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    obviously I dont wanna use geometry wars...

how 'bout planetarium wars or asteroid wars or something else.

btw, looks very nice with brighter background..:D

11. darchinst

darchinst Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    manager
    Shreveport, la
    ADOT777,

of the names i've seen here, geometry genocide is the best, but i'd just call it GeoGeo if i were you, short easy to remember. maybe even super or incredible GeoGeo.

I like the background pic, i'd like even more to have a choice to turn it on or off or a choice of several in the options.

you need an online high scores list

you need to be able to buy upgrades for your ship with money you earn.

you need a large variety of enemies, and bosses at the end of levels would be nice.

Lastly, you need to get a copy of Isotope, and more importantly a copy of Meteor Blitz. the latter got this genre just right and you'd do well to study it closly to see why so many people think it's almost perfect. Isotope is also a very popular and well-made game that is more similar to yours that is highly regarded. Study it, play it and see why people love it so much. then try to incorporate some of these ideas into your game.

the online high scores, upgradable ship, ability to play your own music in-game, these are all necessary. if your game doesn't come with these things people will constantly beg for them because all the best shooters have all this now. basically, take your time, pay attention to the succesful games like yours, and get it right so that you come correct on the initial release otherwise you'll be lost in the appstore sea.

12. Cron

Cron Member

Sep 2, 2009
    +1 Epic suggestion.

13. adot777

Aug 19, 2009
    hoho, so many good advises, very useful!:):):)

14. hyung

hyung Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    hey adot777,

i 100% agree with darchinst here. IMHO, i think you need to find and focus on the killer unique features of your game. the app store is starting to get pretty mature and if you don't bring out something that hasn't been seen before (or done well before), chances are not very many people are going to be interested.

i'd recommend that you definitely research the previous games in the genre, including Isotope, Alive 4-ever, Meteor Blitz, Occurro!, GeoFighter, iDracula, Minigore, Anomaly, Dropship and Nano Fighter, and look at the unique features they each had when they first came out. then really focus on what your game can provide that hasn't been done (or done well) before.

FWIW, if you can make a game that is as fun as addictive as Geometry Wars, i would definitely buy it, and tell all my friends to buy it =D

15. mezdup

mezdup Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2009
    when will you submit it to iTunes? i really wanna try it out haha.

16. adot777

Aug 19, 2009
    a cool name !!!!Fractal....:):)

17. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Does anybody else see this as a desperate attempt to capitalize on the success of a well-known Geometry Wars. I understand in some cases in may be an inspiration for a developer to create a game similar to one they played as a kid or something, but you are clearly trying to rob them of their success by going so far as to steal the name for recognition purposes. I'm going to estimate that 90% of the games on the appstore are remakes of titles from other platforms and even titles that are somewhat original to the appstore. Ever think to make your own path rather than travel in the footsteps of others?

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I mean damn, you want to name your game Geometry War. Why not change your name to the name of the real developer of that game and while you're at it, send him the profits you make.

I'm by no means picking you singularly out of the thousands of apps in the same range, your thread just happened to be the straw that broke the camels back.

18. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Dude, don't be a hater. He couldn't think of a name yet, which is why all these people are giving suggestions. He's a great developer, and a great guy. So shut yo' mouth. :)

19. adot777

Aug 19, 2009

Isotope, Alive 4-ever, Meteor Blitz, Occurro!, GeoFighter, iDracula, Minigore, Anomaly, Dropship and Nano Fighter,

hoho , good stuff for my game. thanks for your support!!!

20. adot777

Aug 19, 2009
    Now, my game's name is : GeoGeo Wars, and i have uploaded to itunes....so...please wait for some days...:p:p:p:p