Get a complimentary (a.k.a FREE) IPAD 2 with Tapstatic game launch. <Deliver da Bomb>

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by cyborg5000, Aug 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

same here :confused:

2. cyborg5000

cyborg5000 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    I'm so sorry guys, that last link expired!

I changed it last night but didn't realize I didn't update the leader board page. Yea. Sleep is more impt then you guys. Nah.. just joking. I slept at 4am and woke up this morning at 6am. >_<

Go claim your daily points now. I think you will be surprise how much today points is.

3. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

ah okay, thanks. got my daily points now, but still didn't get the points for the YT vid, FB like etc :(

4. Raphie123

Raphie123 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Imma start a little video for you guys to show u my love for DDB, stay tuned :)

5. chrono7

chrono7 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Apple ecosystem
    Cool :). The links working :D

By the way, if we upload the video on the first day ( means we got 30 points) and since the point award is 300, do we get the upgrade? or do we need to upload another video for the 300 points?

And regarding the video response, what kind of video is qualified for the video response?

6. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Love Love Love Love Love Love Love LOVE!!!!!

Does that count as showing love for the contest? :D

If not, how about this:

[​IMG]

7. Society

Society New Member

Apr 18, 2011
    OMG. I'm really excited for both this contest and the game!!! It looks like it'll really give my thumbs a workout ;)

8. chrono7

Feb 11, 2011
    Apple ecosystem
    I showed my love by posting here actively lol. You want me to come to Singapore to give a hug lol?

9. LouisIshak

LouisIshak New Member

Aug 25, 2011
    i left my awsome comment hope noone steals it

10. Raphie123

Raphie123 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I can't wait to see this game on the appstore!!! Or at least a new trailer would be veryyy awesome :) LOVE YOU TAPSTATIC!!! Haha

11. chrono7

Feb 11, 2011
    Apple ecosystem
    Show us a gameplay of this BOMBastic game :D . You can't hide forever :p

12. cyborg5000

Jul 25, 2011
    Its hard to top my own panda video. We want the gameplay trailer to be as contraversial as the panda video... I just do not have the resource to do it...

Well, I will get some guys together later today and come out with a trailer okay? So before the end of the weekend, I will see if david wants to take my trailer on his The Game Trail =)

plus i will upload on my channel as well...

so... like what I like to say, stay tuned =P

13. D. Bida

D. Bida Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    Wow, this has become one huge suck-up contest in hopes of winning the ipad. Not trying to put anyone down for playing the game, I completely understand that aspect of it, just didn't know it would turn into anything more than a raffle, or sorts. For me, the game will do the talking. Not gonna/can't say "I ABSOLUTELY LOVE DELIVER DA BOMB" when I haven't seen so much as a trailer for it. Just my opinion.

14. cyborg5000

Jul 25, 2011
    Hi david,

sorry that you seem a bit offended by it.

The reason of a contest is for the fun people get out of it.

Making it a raffle will not justified when the winner is out. It could be picking someone I know and sending it to him. As pointed out by some of the more senior members of Touch Arcade. It could be a scam entriely if it was just raffle.

Now I make a fun setting where people spend a little bit of time each day, trying to beat each other ranking. Plus when I start to give random prizes, it will get more fun. (Yes, I will give raffle prizes once in a while)

The whole point of a contest is to build buzz and I know for a fact, no (not that I know of) developer has ever attempted this (or to this extent).

They have their foolproof plan of making their launch works but we as indie developers do not have that plan or huge marketing budget. (We just have an iPad 2 we WANT to give out to sporting people =D)

We are also just starting up so we need the community to back us up =D

The community give a little to us, we give a little back to the community (iPad 2), even if it will make us loss a bit of money =)

That's our vision. To get community involvement in the making of our games. (in this case, launching of our games)

Once again, sorry for getting you upset.

Samuel

15. D. Bida

D. Bida Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    No need to apologize. It's your company/whatever. You can do as you please. I just think that there's a difference between getting some buzz behind a product and making people proclaim their undying love for a game that no one has seen in action, all in hopes of winning an iPad. Again, I understand that you're indie developers, you wanna get some recognition and a name out there... truthfully, this is probably coming off way worse than I even intend it too (lord knows I would never consider myself a troll)...
    I just think the game will speak for itself. If you sell sh*t and give away a house, once the house is gone, you're only left with sh*t. lol.

But let's be honest, I'm just upset cause I don't have enough free time everyday to be able to contribute and get my points up to win the iPad. lol. Lord knows if I did, I'd be working my arse off for it all the same.
    Either way, I look forward to seeing whatcha got. Nothing I love more than an interesting game on my iPhone

16. LLBradmon

LLBradmon Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Shown some Love

From Tapstatic Deliver Da Bomb

17. cyborg5000

Jul 25, 2011
    Thanks guys for the love shown =) We already submitted our app to the app store for approval last thursday. So now, we wait =)

18. stevenc89

stevenc89 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Looking forward to its release! : ) Now I'm worried about its pricing, and izzit universal?

19. chrono7

Feb 11, 2011
    Apple ecosystem
    Huh? What? Where is the trailer man :D ? Show us a bite of your fruit :p . Hopefully it will be approved soon :D

20. LLBradmon

LLBradmon Member

Aug 25, 2011
    DELIVER DA BOMB. SHowing some LUV