Universal Get 'Em (by Behdad Sami Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Malqua

Malqua Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Game Programmer
    Earth
    The system in place is that you can only play the main story missions if you have health. Any amount of health. If you lose all of your health, you are not allowed to enter a main story mission. To restore health, you can wait if I remember correctly, 6 minutes to restore one bar and continue playing. In the mean time, you can play sub-missions. These will earn you bones, which you can spend in the in-game store to refill your health. There are no IAPs or ads between those two actions. Ideally what you do when you run out of health is take a break from the game, or play through some sub missions. Playing sub missions naturally takes time, so you'll recover health during that time, and by the end you can refill your health with the points that you've made.

All purchases that affect your dog are made with the in-game currency of bones. There is one ad-based "free bones pack", and 4 IAP bones packs. These are for convenience, and are not at all required to play.

So while there is a restriction in place, a penalty mechanic for dying, there is nothing actively preventing you from playing the game whenever you feel like it.

Thank you, and thank you for reconsidering the game. Like I've said before, IAPs are in no way forced or required.

Also, I am the only confirmed dev here. I believe I've given enough information to prove that.

2. Malqua

Malqua Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Game Programmer
    Earth
    #22 Malqua, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    I love this response!

I know I can't make everyone happy, as is abundantly clear in this thread. I was just trying to give a bit of the Golden Rule back. ;D

At this point I can't make any promises about your feedback, but I can pass it up the chain.
    Here's a response to it though:

* Dog turn radius can be improved in the Legends shop by upgrading Agility
    * Hot dogs are floaty because catching them in first person can be difficult, especially for younger players with less coordination.
    * The initial three dogs and the story unlockable dogs have an even skill point distribution. All of them have one skill that they excel at, some that they are good at, some not so good, and some have no skills invested. These are all completely upgradable.

The idea for the dogs was that their skills would match what the dogs look like they're capable of visually.

Bentley: She's small, so she's very agile, able to make sharper turns.
    Marley: He's thick skinned, so he has a lot of health.
    Pump: He's sleek, trained, and aggressive, so he's fast.

3. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Hey guys, everyone in this thread are separate people, so if we can stop accusing people of being other people that would be great. And welcome to the new members. Thanks.

4. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I just wanted to put my 'two cents' in after reading the entire thread. I am currently helping to market an app at the moment that will most likely be F2P and there was one thing that was asked during the process that I thought was brilliant. It was this:

"What is the point of your energy system"? Is it to get people to watch ads, is it to make people want to come back for more, does it gate something forcing you to use IAP to unlock?? My question would be this:

What is your energy system for? What purpose does it serve? Considering the game is not F2P (therefore including the system in this market is contentious), why have it in your game at all? I personally cannot see the point of it if you can complete the game without IAP, items are cosmetic only, and side-quests are simple and not crucial to the main game. Maybe you should remove the energy system altogether.

As for arguing in this thread, that just bumps this up on the New Games list and knocks off other games IMO that deserve the space more. Maybe that was the intent? Now I am guilty of this as well...

5. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Does "very high" quality get the shadows?

6. DarkPuppy

DarkPuppy Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Thank you so much!

7. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I am so super embarrassed by the behavior of people in this thread. It makes me sick to my stomach that people would find our website by googling for a game, create an account looking for help or to offer impressions, and then get pounced on and falsely accused to the point that they actually feel bad they came here in the first place. This is a big part of why TouchArcade is dying.

Yes, I understand that devs shill their games often, and it looked suspicious. In that case, why not report the thread and let a moderator handle it since they can actually check if an account is fake or not rather than publicly shaming them and derailing the thread? If I hadn't been at E3 this week I would have never let this thread get so out of control.

The devs certainly had some borderline rude responses, but honestly, can you blame them? There were nearly 100 posts in this thread and literally only two people who had actually played the game and offered up impressions. The rest was just dog piling by an internet mob. Ugh.

Please keep this thread about the game itself.

8. iXoDeZz

iXoDeZz Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Does anyone know where to find a gameplay video of this? Couldn't find one on YouTube yet...

9. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    #29 slamraman, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    Picked it up yesterday and only had a quick chance to play this morning. Man, there's what could be a great game in here but it just doesn't want me to play it. Didn't really dig the tutorial but I suppose it serves a purpose. Just felt a little staid. Once I was through the doors though and entered the world proper I actually thought, now this could be good. Ran about a bit - controls were a bit sticky at one or two points - also tried with MFi Controller but didn't work - no big shakes but it is perfectly suited for MFi Controllers - and then found the graffiti artist who I had to chase and catch. I did this and got some 'bones' - presumably currency. I then walked about a bit more and found the same graffiti artist - chased her again and caught her - although I did think it was weird she was still there after catching her before - but this time it said my 'sprint' or ability to run had run out and I had to visit the shop or wait. I ignored it as I'd played all of five minutes and found some other mission where I had to chase a van but couldn't as I couldn't sprint to chase it. Pressed paws (boom) - couldn't find the shop (not that I was going to spend real money as I was only 5 minutes into the game but maybe this was what my bones were for). Anyhow, I paid for the game, not a large amount, granted, but I've written an overly long post on what could be a great game but I honestly don't know as it's made it too complicated to get into it. I think whoever made it will really have to rethink things, because as it stands I can't see me opening it ever again. Not a big fan hybrid payment models - they just serve to confuse. Go Freemium or Paid and stick to it, if you can. Good luck, I suppose, but as it stands it's just not my kinda thing. Sorry.

10. DarkPuppy

DarkPuppy Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Me neither. The only videos about the game are the AppStore trailer, and the longer trailer on YouTube. I am sure that after a few days there will be someone making a gameplay. The game was just released a few days ago and I guess people didn't have time to make gameplays.

11. Caldrath

Caldrath Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Germany
    Is there some way to see the explanations for the different stats after the tutorial?

12. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    A decent concept hobbled by monotonous side missions in the way of the solid & fun gameplay. Shame. Deleted. Highly unrecommended.

13. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Very good.

Sorry.

14. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    I will live stream the game when iOS 10 is available

15. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    For me not supporting Game Center is a deal breaker

16. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Isn't Gamecenter gone in iOS 10?

I think a lot of games are slowing down support for it

17. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Game Center is not gone in iOS 10. Apple have confirmed that GC will continue as a service, but it will no longer be available as a standalone app.

18. Wicuicad

Wicuicad Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Only 1$ now...###

19. Wicuicad

Wicuicad Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2015
    I've paid 1$, and...it definitely doesn't worth 1$...it is stuck every time when I finish the tutorial...besides, the control is terrible... I'm going to get my 1$ back...#

20. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Looks like this will go free way in a matter of days (it should've been free from the start); I'm happy I purchased Revolution instead