Universal Get_Fiquette (by Ross Mcrae)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 17, 2014.

1. LouisDimsdale

LouisDimsdale Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Make Peanuts and GET FIQUETTE
    Australia
    Level 23!! Thats INSANE!!!

2. LouisDimsdale

LouisDimsdale Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Australia
    Are players finding their way around the menu system and shop ok?

We tried doing something a little different and integrate all the menus into the game itself.

3. Thanks for your support :)
    Louis was so worried it might not be good enough that he wanted us to give it away for free. Most important part for us is to share it with the world and cover (at least some) of the time we have invested into making it.
    Also, if there are any other devs around who can chip in, I've just seen a one star rating from US over at Itunes connect. Apparently person complained about the game crashing all the time. It is really frustrating not having more info. Perhaps they installed on an old device or something? How do you deal with that?
    Cheers,

FK

4. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I saw that review, at the time my five star review was still not up.

I think I am around level 30 insane, I have had a couple of crashes but nothing was lost. I am amazed at how much stuff you have going on and how smoothly it all runs.

Maybe I am missing it but I am guessing there is no way to look at the world map once you have beaten the game? So no replaying levels ect?

5. You can not look at the world map, but you can "Nuke the game" from the pull down menu (reset game tab), and start from scratch :) I am not sure, but I think it will wipe your score too :(
    You can then use the menu skip to level 6 and then one more time to skip to 12.
    I will ask Ross if we can offer random level selection, but I am not sure.
    All this feedback is great btw, so keep it coming.

Cheers and thanks,

FK

6. BazookaTime

That is not a big deal, I was just wondering if I missed it.

7. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Left a 5 star review on the AppStore. This has got to be one of my favorite iOS games of all time. It's definitely one of those games where I'm going to be bummed out when I finish it. I really hope is gets more attention. It deserves it.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I have to ask if the underscore in the app title is deliberate and if not, is there any chance it can be "fixed"? I'll be honest and say I was this close to not checking out the game due to that. :eek:

9. LouisDimsdale

LouisDimsdale Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Australia
    I requested apple if they could fix it, they never go back to me. :(

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I believe it's something that can only be fixed with an update.

11. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Wow, some of TAs heavy-hitters are raving about Get Fiquette, that's awesome! I'm glad everyone is digging it as much as I am. I agree with everyone else about viewing the world map and being able to "grind" in previous passed levels in order to acquire more money and to get a better overall score.

On a side note, GameCenter randomly logged me in for a very brief moment then I lost it. Anyone else connected to it in game? I hope you are able to add it in the next update as a clickable tab so as to view the leaderboards in-game and also GC achievements would be a very welcome addition :D

12. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

#72 sugimulm, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    Wow! Love this game! What a great find! Now addicted and loving it!

Bought the coin doubler to support the Devs, great job!

13. bluspacecow

bluspacecow Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    Hmm maybe.

I've been finding it's been crashing on 5th generation iPod Touch

(iPod5,1 iOS 7.1.1)

According to the crash logs it appears to be something to do with the sound.

I'm not a coder either but I've noticed in my crash logs it has something about vm_pageshortage for audio on your game with it using over 61,00 - 74,546 pages.

If I can make a suggestion maybe you devs could looking into making the music decompress process more memory efficient. Say having the song in a different format or looping a smaller section of it for low memory devices.

Depends of course on the limitations of the Game Salad software your using of course.

It's a really fun game in the short 1-3 minute sessions I've been able to play.

14. Huh.
    That is the one device we completely forgot about.
    I do not even have any idea as to what they compare to, hardware wise.
    And I am sure Louis will read this as well. I am coming from the art side so tech talk is all confusing to me.

Cheers and thanks for trying,

FK

15. LouisDimsdale

LouisDimsdale Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Australia
    Thanks very much for that feed back. I'll try using a different music file format next build and see if that helps. Some Indy developers have big money behind them, I work in a peanut factory. Wish we could have gotten our hands on a few more deceives to test on.

16. BazookaTime

I just beat insane level 30 and the next level that opened up was insane level 21. Are there more than 30 levels? The hearts are 3/4 of the way down the screen so the difficulty would suggest I am on 31 not 21.

17. haha. You play the game too much. We never expected anyone would bother to try beyond level 30. The game will keep on amping up, even if the score does not show it. We will try to add higher numbers in the next update. We just presumed that everyone will have enough by the time they get there and give up without noticing.
    Although, in the last submitted build we accidentally took out the feature that makes the game slightly more difficult ( and little bit more fun/ny). We are putting it back in the next upgrade, so beating those levels will be slightly harder :)

18. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Good game, nice graphics. Crashes less if you turn off running apps and reboot. Works on ipod 5 with latest update. Crashes occasionally, but you said it would so can't complain. Like the names of the "creators".

19. cadaei

cadaei Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

This game was cracking my kids up. Really well done and very charming.

Left a 5 star review for you.

20. Always great to hear nice news guys,Thank you for that!
    If I may ask one more thing from everyone (preferably from people who bought the game), it would be to go to the first post of this thread and rate the game there as well :)
    I am not asking for five stars, just whatever you think it is worth.
    All this helps us greatly, As we had no real world feedback so far.
    Thank you all for responding here,

Regards,

FK