Universal Ghosts'n Goblins MOBILE (By CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    It's out in Japan now
    I had forgot how brutal this game is :)
    Play it in classic mode and it's like it was back then
    So brutal but fun
    The controls respond fine for me but like some of the other classic games the controls take up most of the screen

2. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Just saw the gameplay vid.. is that really how the controls are displayed on screen? Looks like a bloody mess..

3. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I think it's the same with 1942 started out a dollar then went up.

This is hard even on casual can't get past the first level

4. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    One of the hardest platformers on nes no doubt!

Me either I can't past first I'm playing it on classic mode

5. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I can't get past the first level in casual

6. tex32

tex32 Active Member

May 9, 2013
    After playing through Capcom's atrocious "Mega Man Mobile", this is actually a pretty faithful version which is a lot of fun. This game has always been difficult, but enjoy that they allow you to continue at the level that you are currently on. The frame rate, graphics, music, sounds, etc, are all top notch. The controls suffice, and I think it's more due to being GnG (I had a hard time back in the day with the NES controller as well) and not the actual touch screen setup in place. All in all, definitely recommend picking this one up.

7. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    You make a good point
    The controls are fine no diff than back in the day when lets face it they could be a pain sometimes on nes
    I like this version better than mega man and I think mega man can be fixed better just hope it happens so I can buy the rest of them

8. paulmeyers

paulmeyers Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 30, 2012
    What's with the leaderboard and the Google login? No Gamecenter?

9. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    1942 was same way google log in
    I had to log in several times before it finally recongnized me

10. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    really can't understand why Capcom guys are doing this crap ports when they already had perfect versions of the same game in the past!

i've reinstalled Capcom Arcade app (i remember that it had better ports inside), and look at this:

Attached Files:

11. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    #31 Den Den, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    This is how the game plays and looks like on iPad mini... This is with optimal control options, the other options look even worse and take up the entire screen...

[​IMG]

12. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Without a way to control size and opacity, let alone move them, there's no way I'll buy this. I'd rather emulate it myself.

13. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #33 nkx, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Lol I cannot beat the first level. I finally beat the first level. The good news is when I died on stage 2 it let me continue on stage 2 on casual which was nice. Honestly best dollar I spent love these classics

14. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    See, this is what I was worried about. It's always been a hard as nails game, but with these new iterations that have horrible controls, you can't help but feel that they are nothing but money-grabs! It's why I didn't jump right in and snag this. Had a feeling this was not gonna be different. #

15. #35 RossmanBrothersGames, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Hmmm.... I wonder if Shaun will have a review out for this soon. Interested to hear how it is.

Though from what people are saying on this thread, sounds better than Mega Man

16. Sugarbear Montclair

Oct 4, 2016
    Ya, I knew better. Loved super ghouls and ghosts on snes. This one is unplayable with on screen controllers. Game is one of the hardest games ever made. You clear this one you are doing something. Can't believe the maker of one of my most beloved games (street fighter) keeps putting out crap on mobile. Save your dollar, and buy a 10 dollar game with substance.

17. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    With mfi would be cool, otherwise no. I remember barely getting anywhere with this as a kid, it's so hard. I'm sure AndyC83 has already beaten it with hands behind back and blindfolded, but it's tough. I loved super ghouls and ghosts though, that game was awesome.

18. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    CAPCOM...I can't remember Ghosts n'Goblins being touchscreen, infact any of your library of games..yes we didn't have touchscreen in those days but it's no excuse for not supporting physical controller input for your conversions today.

Having physical controller support for you games makes so much sense since your original games where designed for them..bolting on "dodgy" touchscreen controls is killing these once fantastic games,the experience gets lost in the transition to touchscreen.
    Take a leaf out of DotEmu's back catalog and start supporting controllers.

19. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Shaun will have a review soon. It is better than Mega Man. It is only a dollar and that's probably the best thing I can say in its favor. Good technical port, bad idea to port the game in the first place, particularly without MFi support. GnG absolutely did not need even the smallest extra layer of frustration. It already had as much as it needed.

20. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Shaun you once again nailed it
    I agree but I don't regret spending $1 for some nostalgia
    But yes a brutal game made even more brutal no doubt