Universal Giana Sisters (by Kaasa solution GmbH)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Welcome :)

Thanks again for the update, I was really happy to beat 8-1 after so many attempts (this pink guy is at a better place now :p). As I finished the game (with not all the red crystals) and the retro levels, I haven't suggestions. Some moments are hard in the game but it's the same with all the platformers and now, it's well balanced (for me) and complete.
    Anyway, I would be happy to see the real retro levels, as they are on the 1st game (yeah, with all the pixels. I wanted to kill my eyes a little and was totally disappointed :D). Playing with Maria could be nice too ;)

2. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Welcome to the forum. Always nice to see more developers join the discussions.
    I'm afraid I don't have a lot of useful feedback, the few issues I had were fixed in the first update. And even before that Giana Sisters has been one of my favorite iPhone games.

3. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Tthis says there's a $2.99 sale, but it's not in the UK store?

4. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

how much does it cost? i know it should be 1.79

5. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    The sale is already over. It lasted for a week. Now its back to US $4.99

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Worth every penny, IMHO.

7. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Here's a question and some feedback for ya.

Firstly, it is one of my fav platformers I've purchased.

I've gotten all of the OF achievements, but there are apparently 3 that I haven't gotten on the gold coin list. What the heck are "combo killer, combo shooter, zeppelin" achievements?

And now some hopefully constructive feedback. I'm not a fan of the highscore system. Someone with no skill could just replay level 1-10 hundreds/thousands of times and get the top score. You shouldn't be able to add onto your score while replaying a level, without doing better somehow. I'd much rather have a strict and streamlined highscore system. The current one just awards players who have a large amount of free time, and could be terrible players.

8. badmonkee

badmonkee Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    #268 badmonkee, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
    UPDATE:
    your combo killer, combo shooter, zeppelin issue seems to have raised a point. This was not planned ;-)
    We will fix this with the next update, the point is that the list you are looking at in the game is not on the same level as the online version.

Your highscore suggestion is not that easy to change, if we can change it at all. But we have put it on the wish list and we are working on some nice extras as well. Here I would like to include this feedback at some point.

Hi Matt,

thank you very much and I do see your points with the highscore. I need to check what we can still change in that system.

I will come back to you with the rewards you mention. There is something you need to do for these as well.

Greetings

Nico

9. badmonkee

Mar 22, 2010
    Yes, 8-1 is very very tough. Personally I think it is the hardest level.

We are looking into the retro levels. At the beginning we had to find something that is not only for the hardcore retro guys among us. If we would have served the real real original to be played on the iPhone then some others would have been in a bad mood. But I will take your points to the producer tomorrow.

10. badmonkee

Mar 22, 2010
    That is an interesting point, sorry to answer this late ;-) Caught in wall glitches should be gone with the update but the issue with Open Feint at the end of the game a good point, thank you for that

11. Tanukitsune

Tanukitsune Well-Known Member

If it helps I think it only happens when you're in a bubble?

12. badmonkee

Mar 22, 2010
    of course it helps ! thank you

13. maikelg

maikelg Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Could you please FINALLY make this game available for 1st gen iPods? I know (and I have played) games that are much bigger and a lot more demanding and they work fine on my 1st gen iPod, so I really don't see why Giana Sister wouldn't work then. It's a bit annoying to see fun games like this and not being able to play them.

14. badmonkee

Mar 22, 2010
    Do you know how annoying this is to me ? ;-)

no, seriously you do not want to play it on a 1st gen iPod in the state we have it now. I guess that you do also have a technical background and if you look into the details you will see which parts make the game not working on the 1st gen devices. The update is being worked on and we think that we have a solution to it.

15. maikelg

Dec 2, 2008
    Well, I'm very happy to read that there might actually be a chance that I can play this game soon (I hope).

I do have a bit of a technical background but when I look at some other large games where a lot of things happen on screen and with fast animation (for example Caste of Magic, Earthworm Jim or various racing games), which work fine and smooth, I don't really see how this game would be different. Have you actually tested it on a 1st gen iPod or are you just assuming it doesn't?

16. badmonkee

Mar 22, 2010
    Ok, I am working on the Marketing part but I usually only believe what my own eyes have seen ;-) We have it on a 1st gen iPod and if we would give our ok for that result you would post veeeeeery bad threads on this forum.

17. maikelg

Dec 2, 2008
    I myself wouldn't leave bad reviews because although I'm still very happy with my old iPod, I also know its limitations. I know it would probably not be as fast as the latest models but the older iPods are really not as bad/slow as some people think it is. To this date I have never experienced any noticeable lag in any game I played. But is this really what it's all about? I mean the game is not exactly new anymore and got rave reviews everywhere so I doubt that's going to change. I just think it's not fair that people with older devices can't even try and see for themselves if they like it or not.

18. badmonkee

Mar 22, 2010
    As I said, we are working on it and we want the 1st gen guys also to enjoy this game.

19. maikelg

Dec 2, 2008
    And I do appreciate that :)

20. badmonkee

Mar 22, 2010
    you are welcome ;-)