Universal Go Surf - The Endless Wave (by Diverso Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by saidwafiq, Apr 7, 2016.

1. saidwafiq

saidwafiq Active Member

Jan 21, 2016
    We're preparing more tricks and some twists on gameplay. I hope we can change your impressions soon.

Thank you!

2. saidwafiq

saidwafiq Active Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Hey! We're working on new power ups. Some that you can buy with coins and others that you will collect during your ride.

Portrait is not in our roadmap today. Actually we are focusing on gameplay now. Doing some tweaks and adding new features.

I'll have more news very soon . Thanks :)

3. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Portrait mode might be on map later though? Because one handed games are perfect for it :)

4. saidwafiq

saidwafiq Active Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Sure thing!

Anything that makes Go Surf more enjoyable.

5. Newportlocal

Newportlocal New Member

Apr 10, 2016
    #25 Newportlocal, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    This game is fantastic and worth every penny. Great soundtrack,visuals,surf sayings, controls are spot on.
    Super happy with this! That being said one thing that could be improved is the power ups where you collect for the tubes, aerials, magnets. If you have two aerials collected and get the magnet it knocks them out. Same if you have an aerial or tube and collect the other one. There is plenty of room at the bottom of the screen to have them be independent of each other instead of cancelling each other out. Hope to see more upgrades like outfits, boards, jumps,etc. Games like jet pack joy ride, sea stars, etc. are good examples of upgrades to keep the game interesting over a long period. That being said really great work and thanks for making this game. So much is done perfectly.

6. Newportlocal

Newportlocal New Member

Apr 10, 2016
    #26 Newportlocal, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    Update

Found the surfer upgrades for higher levels. Stuck on level 9 collecting 15 gems. How do I find gems? Collected the 50 coins in a run for the first task, but no idea where gems are. Do I need to focus on longer runs, hitting a specific thing in invincible mode? Anyway any help would be appreciated.

7. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Ok. Bought this because...surfing!!

Here's what I like: the graphics are nice and smooth, nice atmosphere and generally a nice and relaxing game.

What I would like to see:

1. I would like to see the surfer be able to pick up more speed. There doesn't seem to be much momentum gained when going down the wave which is what surfing is like irl. This will make the game much more exciting, realistic and give us the opportunity to play more naturally.

2. I don't like the game mechanic of picking up similar shapes to do tricks. Let us do tricks as we like, how we like. If you can pick up momentum (see above), it gives you more speed and room to do aerial flips off the wave lip, etc.

3. Institute a swipe mechanic so that we can change direction. Currently you can't do cut-backs or anything more fun. Getting into a barrel should be tricky but if I could do a cut-back and get into it (instead of collecting green balls) that would be much more enjoyable than picking up 4 balls.

4. The hit-box for the surfer is unclear. Is it the tip of the board, the ankles,...not sure.

5. Make the collecting certain shapes for some sort of super-moves or invincibility. What surfer wouldn't want invincibility to get all those people on inner-tubes off their waves?!

6. Did I say swipe-direction and momentum gains?? Really want that.

7. It would be nice if you made the shop UI an actual shop you could go into and buy other things like different board decks, shorts, etc to customise your surfer. Not just a power-up section.

8. Swipe mechanic!!

The core of the game is there. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to updates.

8. saidwafiq

saidwafiq Active Member

Jan 21, 2016
    First of all thank you for your support :)

We're working on many surprises regarding power ups and tricks.

Gem is the item that you collect to perform a trick, so if you get 15 of then (no matter if is aerial, barrel or magnet) on the same run you're good.

9. saidwafiq

saidwafiq Active Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Wow! Thank you!
    We're working on some things that I think you will like :)

sneak peek
    [​IMG]

10. Newportlocal

Newportlocal New Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Your welcome, and thank you for the clarification. That helps a lot!:) Really love the game you made.

11. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    "Hit the fattie when invincible".

Geez, how classless.

12. saidwafiq

saidwafiq Active Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Oh boy, sorry about that! English is not our native language and we're working to fix this kind of aggressive (or classless) language.

I'm sorry :eek:

13. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    I thought it was great! :p

14. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Hi yes I have the lastest version I played on both iPad Air and iPhone 6+

15. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I got a good laugh. It's not like it's a real person.

16. Newportlocal

Newportlocal New Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Didn't bother me either. PC is the latest thing in the US wasn't always like that here.

In regards to your game I finished level 11 which wasn't easy getting three magnets in one run. Seemed that was the last mission. Hope we get an update soon so I can unlock the other characters.

17. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I love it, 'Hit the fattie' ftw!!!!!

18. heartydragon

heartydragon Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2016
    The term fattie really is an ignorant thing to say. Let's be real here. So called "fatties" spend money on games too. If you defend it your ignorant.

19. heartydragon

Apr 30, 2016
    How much you want to bet if I called one of you a fattie on this board I'd get banned.

20. heartydragon

Apr 30, 2016
    Wish it was more optimized to run smoother on my iPad 4