Universal Godfire (by Vivid Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Its not a grind man just sit back and enjoy those graphics. The game is pretty fun, I mean only replay the chapter that has whatever you lost in it if you think its not fun enough.

2. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I played through it just now on normal. Combat has been improved it feels more immersive and I noticed there were healers I don't know if they were there before. The graphics seem better and I enjoyed the game a lot more this time and unlocked hard mode. I restored purchases so got back my packs but didn't get any free stuff.got back my levels but not armour or gold.

Another 7 chapters would be nice.

3. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Exactly. But no I think they added in the healers which is nice because now you have to prioritize targets somewhat.

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    So I picked this up last night based solely on amenbrother's feedback (thanks) and I must admit I'm very happy with the $3 I spent. I mean c'mon people the voice overs and production values alone are worth that. I'm just getting myself adjusted to the combat system, but I find it works well for the platform. There really is a great bit of stuff to do here and as for the people saying it's short, they just updated with a nice amount of content and it is Vivid I mean Real Boxing has had like 5 or 6 really nice updates so I'm sure this will get similar love :D

5. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Glad you grabbed it. Dont forget we have 3 difficulty levels and the arena stuff to do. All with weapon and armor upgrades to grind money for. Also if you are anything like me I shoot for Game Center achievements which are implemented very well in this game.

6. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Yep, I'm very GC oriented :D I'm very glad overall that I picked this up. I'm still a little overwhelmed by all the upgrades and weapons and armor but I'm adjusting ;)

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I would try to pump health up by the way for the later difficulties as it does get hard.

8. Linebarrel86

Linebarrel86 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Cog in the corporate machine.
    In my skin...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a few screenshots showing a couple of armors, (Legion and FireDragon) and my kills in the arena and my level. Apparently you top out at 50.

9. Linebarrel86

Jul 27, 2012
    In my skin...
    #389 Linebarrel86, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    Currently, my set up is this:

Armor: Legion- Reflects 25% damage recieved, increases rank experience gained by 25%

Sword: Chiron's Blast- Gains a lot of attack but cannot gain health or wrath from enemies

Perks: Nefarious Scylla (+15 Defense)
    Face of the Sun (Restores 5% HP with each hit)

With everything maxed out, I have +85 Attack and +100 Defense. In the arena, I've managed 160-ish kills before dying. At that point though, the enemies were able to kill with one hit.

I need money though to upgrade the other armors and weapons. Will add more pictures when I get my money up. :)

10. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    I'm doing it on hard too in firedragon armour but I'm stuck on Helios they've changed his attack pattern an doesn't seem to have a weakness you can exploit he blocks all your attacks and doesn't stop to let you attack and he breaks through your blocking and knocks you away! I can't figure him out!

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Hit him once quick like and then block. Rinse and repeat and it should work.

12. Interesting. So you can't just stand there and block until he gets tired anymore? It was definitely too easy before, but I hope they didn't go the other extreme now?

13. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Well thats how I beat him anyway. I did die once or twice figuring that out.

14. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    They did!

15. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    Yeh I'm trying that but he keeps blocking me. I'll keep at it. Thanks anyway.

16. Linebarrel86

Jul 27, 2012
    In my skin...
    Personally, I just ran up to Helios and started hitting with combos. If you play the waiting game with him, where you run up and attack, he'll defeat you with his swinging arc attack.

Try this. Unleashe Wrath immediately. When he staggers, attack. Stay in close and pound away with whatever light combos you have. 3 or 4 light attacks followed by a heavy hit. Heavy combos are too slow. Never allow him space to use the flaming missiles. This technique worked for me on the Hard and Immortal stages. I did this without the Face of the Sun perk. Just stay close and keep him defending.

17. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    Ok, I'll try those. Thanks guys.

18. Linebarrel86

Jul 27, 2012
    In my skin...
    Picture of the Phoenix Armor:

[​IMG]

19. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
  20. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Oh yeah. Just got the game for free. I went through about 5 codes and just when I was about to say "They have to be all taken" I got one to work. I'm sure there is another one that works. Give it a shot guys.