Godfire: Rise of Prometheus (by Vivid Games S.A.) (Unreal Engine 3)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by clever_bug, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Maybe it's only slow at first to help beginners get familiar with the game? It might get faster as you progress further into the game. Just guessing.

Gameplay seems to merely consist of dodging and spamming the attack button. Still, let's wait for a proper gameplay video .

2. VividGames

VividGames Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Game developer
    Poland
    The combat in the game is not just dodging and spamming the attack button. While it is easy to play, it's also hard to master, and that becomes especially true on the harder difficulty settings ]:>

Regarding the speed - the gameplay reveal trailer is actual gameplay from a device. The reason why you might think that the attack speed seems different is because of the game being recorded off-screen, or in fact due to different weapons being used, as some weapons have different attacks.

When you sit down to play yourself on your own device you will see that the balance between speed and weight of each attack feels just righ and is very satisfying :)

3. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    What other weapons are there besides the duel swords???

4. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Various tipes of duel swords! What is with everybody complaying about every little thing you dont like??? Worst than little children, realy! Game is simply amazing and better than tons other stuffs that are called games in appstore.

5. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    About the speed, it's really difficult to get a sense for how responsive the game feels just watching someone else play it. If it's slower, it might allow for more finesse in timing your dodges/blocks/attacks. And if using certain more powerful attacks are slower and leave you vulnerable for longer, it might end up adding some strategic layers to the gameplay. This kind of stuff is hard to speculate about. We'll just have to see how it goes next week.

6. yUlek

yUlek Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    He was just asking, no need to release your emotions

7. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    That's what I'm thinking too. I'd actually rather slower but more complex and requiring more precision, than really fast. This is especially true with touch controls, since I find it difficult to hit multiple different virtual buttons in quick succession compared to using controller. In the hands-on video Jared commented that combat was really fun. Until some of us have played it, Jared's impression's based on actually playing it mean more to me than people's impressions just from watching a video.

8. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    Lol you are freaking out like an immature teen.. I was simply asking a question.

9. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    Now vividgames can we get back to my question. What other weapons will there be besides the duel swords?

10. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I just went and re-watched TA's hands-on video with this game, and I have to agree with those who've pointed out that the character's attack speed actually just looks about as fast an actual person could realistically swing swords around. It does look kind of slow, but I think that's because many sword fighting games have the characters moving unrealistically fast.

11. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    They just explained that battle movement problem. Will there be any magic or something of the sort besides the fury attack?

12. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    and there is a reason to that (i dont think you'd want to hack and slash at a realistic human speed).... regardless i'll personally judge the speed next week!

13. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Agreed on both counts. Often being realistic is not the best thing in terms of fun gameplay. And I'm withholding final judgment until I've actually played it, or at least read reviews from people who've actually played it.

14. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Sorry it not just you, its all other comments here and in articles... And im 30years :p

15. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I too would like to know this

16. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    You haven't played it, though...

17. Lerisbo1192

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
  18. Lerisbo1192

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    may be this has been asked before but i wanted to know if the game requires permanent internet connection because at 2:30 it looks like buffering...actually everytime he tries to open the menu.

19. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    coming this week :)

20. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Hey vivid, dont revial to much at thid point xD btw ingame music is great as everything other about this game :D