Universal Godus (by Mobage)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 16, 2014.

1. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Syndicate - oh yes!! Imagine how many ways to Sunday EA would ruin that these days!! Let's hope they aren't reading this to give them any ideas. Of course they won't be reading here, as if they care what customers might think, how silly of me lol

2. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    You have never seen a soft-launch on the AppStore before? That's surprising.
    This game, even at 50% complete! is awesome and the first game to even come close to being the god-game that populous was. It can only get better.
    Soft launches are used to find bugs and promote user feedback, and gather data useful for the development of the game. This is not intended to be the 'final release'.

3. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Well, I've given this game several hours and it is becoming very repetitive.
    As someone else posted, you basically flatten land, wash, rinse and repeat.
    Not sure where the Black and White comparison comes from, it's nothing like it.
    Maybe this isn't the finished article, hence soft launch?

4. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I spent a lot of hours on it today and it is much more than that, there are a lot of things to do and I like it, now the IAPs are only there to get more gems, but I didn't feel like I really needed it.

5. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    You can't have played that long...there's an unlock pretty early on that gives you more belief for houses built on high land, so creating varied terrain helps you. Then there's building monuments, creating farming settlements, finding chests, creating interesting sculpts.
    You are really only limited by your imagination.

6. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    Agreed. The gameplay is extremely flat and uninteresting. It's a slightly more evolved cow clicker basically.

7. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

I've been thoroughly disappointed with all of PM's recent offerings. My take on it is the current demands for swish graphics and animations make it prohibitive to make anything close to the kind of scope he normally has in mind at the beginning. So things get cut and simplified, and the whole experience get thinned out to the point of not being worth it at all.

No doubt he is (was) a great game designer, but he seems to bite off more than his team can deliver. Trouble is that doesn't stop him from hyping the features as he sees them in his head. Just his mental image of the game he's talking about doesn't match up to what's actually delivered to our screens!

If we would accept more abstracted graphics so the core mechanics were the star, we would have some amazing games from him, but sadly we want everything! Hehe

8. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    The 'boat' explore island puzzles were kind of neat. I hope they get more challenging :)

Monuments, I discovered wipe out a house, then boost all the houses around it. Great,

About to build my first Settlement.

Better to plop the settlment into the middle of cluster of houses? Or in a big blank area? Maybe overwrite the starter sandy tents?

9. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    IAP wall is coming. Really it just massively slows down. But it will harass you in the bottom right for crystals, and for reenfircments during boating exploration.

10. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Holy cow. My 5S heats up like hell :-D

11. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    Yea, drains iPad Air fast also.

12. mikeworld

mikeworld Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    3rd post includes videos
    Courtesy of Sanuku

13. Foghorn Irrascible

Foghorn Irrascible Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    I've seen plenty of soft-launches. Usually they're to see how the game sits with the users and tweak the IAP nonsense.

But this game is categorically nowhere near finished. The PC version is at beta 2.0x and is considered half-done. So how can this mobile version be anything more than that?

14. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    #54 Game.PN, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
    Hate it for being free full of IAPs! Gonna buy it for $10 if that is the price of the game

15. Solid_Alexei

Solid_Alexei Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Game developer
    England
    Surely you are not allowed to release games in beta stage on iOS which is exactly what that game is, barely, as it is... I'm sure Molyneux will come come up with some bullshit statement to justify that. No worries about all the poor sods (me included) who spent a ridiculously overpriced sum of money on Kickstarter and Steam to make this game happen... Release it for free now Peter, sure!

16. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    OMG... You people... It's a soft-launch!! That means beta!!
    Developers do it ALL THE TIME.

17. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    I built a staircase, and leveled off a Mtn segment, to make a hermit Mtn abode. Goofing off.

Guys can get here. But no plot for building.

I even have the card that gives Belief for elevation, and says Mtn is 100%.

[​IMG]

*edit note bottom step is currently pulled in to prevent wanderers getting trapped up top. Its happened :(

18. Godballs

Godballs New Member

May 18, 2014
    Can you (or anyone) tell us a little about the IAP's?

How much do gems cost? Is there anything else to buy and what are the prices?

Thanks all

19. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    You can only buy gems, but you can also buy resource packs with gems.
    They only speed up the game,there is nothing you can buy that you can't get by playing the game.

20. Godballs

Godballs New Member

May 18, 2014
    Can you expand on that a little?

What is the pricing for gems? What is in the resource packs and how much do they cost?