Good Unknown games that should be recognized!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Chaz42, Apr 26, 2011.

1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Heres some more

Etolis: Arena
    Super Fly

2. Moarite

Moarite Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Bubble Ball. :) It's not very fun, but good and should be recognized.

3. Fruit Roll

Fruit Roll Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    game designer, game reviewer
    Here and There
  4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #44 undeadcow, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
    Knighturn - compulsively addicting turn based strategy game inspired by Disgaea; so far the best game of Q2 2011 imo.

Doomsday II: Legions of Hell - a first person shooter Doom clone; great nostalgic fun with a nice difficulty... bonus: dozens of levels free downloadable content plus more coming.

Turbo Flick: Demon GPU - a flick based mash of brick breaker, pinball, and space invaders.

Ghost Ninja Zombie Beatdown - a retro platform game that blasts back to SNES style side scrolling with a good variety of level designs.

Killing Zone Defense - a tower defense time management mashup. Several rows of characters against various monsters automatically firing but needing reloading clicks frequently, thrown in some character specific buffs. Better than screenshots let on.

World to Conquer - a turn based strategy game with cartoonish graphics and good variety of units.

Devil Invasion - a match-3 tower defense match up that although unoriginal is somehow compelling.

+1 to Meow Meow Happy Fight and Pocket Halfpipe; both insanely good

5. alberty

alberty Active Member

Apr 11, 2011
    I'd like to try them both.:D

6. levistra

levistra Active Member

Apr 13, 2011
    I like Super Fly!:)

7. VimFuego

VimFuego Active Member

Apr 27, 2011
    IT Geek Extraordinaire
    Brisbane
    Thanks for the welcome :)

I'll second Mad Skills MX and venture Big Cup Cricket as a cartoony take on the game but with great controls once you get into the zone with it. Updates fairly frequently, which is impressive for a lesser-known game.

It's a bit of a niche market but it's miles better than the alternatives.

8. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    It's not very fun, but should be recognised.

Is that an insult or compliment?

9. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    Jump out of course!
    This community went crazy for Cut the rope but noone talk about Jump out! Mysteries of life :confused:

10. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    When people made "hidden gem" threads before, I never had any games to contribute. But now I have one that I would consider to fit the term: ElectroMaster. While I do think it deserves a little more recognition, it's clearly not the type of game that would appeal to all types of gamers.

11. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I think all LWBS games fall in this category.

12. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    lwbs?

13. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Little White Bear Studios. They made some of the best puzzles on the platform. :>

14. Gamebook Adventures if no-one has said that already!

15. Chaz42

Chaz42 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Michigan!
    Ok so today i stumbled upon a game called: Going down! And this is no ordinary game for .99 This game is packed with stuff!!! and not a single review in the app store! In this game theres 60 levels 100 parts to customize your car with, Achievements (the most ive ever seen in a game), and very nice art. so if your looking for a nice car riding speeding goodness. get it! it is the best unknown game i have ever found! http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/going-down/id431720236?mt=8#

16. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    I'd have to say Shibuya and Magnifusion. Both are incredible games, but they're from small, not-well-known developers and thus got little acclaim.

17. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I don't know if anyone else knows about this game, but I love it and play it loads even after having it a while - Dino Rush.

Endless runner, but is actually worth playing a few times. It's not just run, and jump when appropriate. You have to eat fruit to keep energy high, and dodge enemies.

18. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
  19. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Fish Guardian, absolutly.