Universal Grand Theft Auto III (by Rockstar Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by crex, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    I think Gameloft already saw this which is why Gangstar 3 was supposed to be the last one. I don't doubt they are going to make another open world game, but they clearly seem to be rethinking their approach which is great.

If I'm not mistaken Gameloft's licensed games tend to turn out quite well such as Spiderman and Tintin in terms of being fun, creative, while being true to the IP so that is certainly one area they can focus on.

2. PRE

PRE Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Anyone have tips for gun fighting? I find the shooting with the camera to be pretty damn bad. Can't tell you how many times I failed the first gun fighting mission against the diablos car

3. El_Cid

El_Cid Active Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Romania
    Game Impressions

This game is so good! WOW - Rockstar ROCKS!

At this price it's a steal!!

4. r2ks8x

r2ks8x Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    i feel you bro , it's hard to target someone when they are multiple people in your screen

5. MKplayer1start

MKplayer1start Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    Just got home from work and downloading.....

Glad to hear people are liking it and hopefully Rockstar will keep releasing iOS games. Another damn good release week. I got too many games to catch up on over Christmas break!

6. O__o

O__o Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Yeah, driving and running works fine but shooting is dann hard.

7. r2ks8x

r2ks8x Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    that's why i chose to ram people with my big badass linerunner truck instead of shooting :p

8. blunted247

blunted247 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #388 blunted247, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
    Unable to run???

So I have tested this on both my iPhone 4, and on my iPad 2 and it would appear that the run button doesn't work for me.

When I push it while walking in a direction the button lights up that it is being pushed, but Claude doesn't run any faster. It's weird because I will still get the out of breath animations if I "run" for a period of time, but as mentioned I don't actually move any faster then when I don't use the run button.

Anyone else having this issue?

Other than that I am beyond thrilled at how AMAZING this game runs on my iPad2 and that R* got it running pretty damn good on my iPhone 4 without having to make any serious sacrifices.

edit: Nevermind, I had the bat in my hand on both devices when I was trying to run! Amazing how much you can remembr after 10 years, but also how much you can forget!! lol.

9. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    dont forget if you see a parked truck that says toys jump inside it to get the exploding remote controlled car

10. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Anyone know if there are cheats?

11. drwcomics

drwcomics Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Assistant Teacher
    Phoenix, AZ
    Very true. I feel like most recent gameloft games have little to no variation beyond the superficial "look it's an FPS/TPS/TPOW/ETC"...They haven't stepped up their game in the way their competition has. And now that they're competing directly with Rockstar, they're gonna have to evolve, or die - even if they just stick to their licensed titles.

12. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    working on the video right now - the answer to the question of how well it runs on a 3rd generation iPod will be answered in the next hour or so. :)

13. WYSE29

WYSE29 Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Does this support saving and transferring game files over iCloud?

14. Lehman310

Lehman310 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Was wondering the same thing. I would hate to have to separate games on my iPad and iPhone

15. MKplayer1start

MKplayer1start Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    Don't feel bad I did the exact same thing lol

16. Roofy.

Roofy. Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    How do you look right and left in a car? I noticed you can only do that if you have a machine gun for a drive by.

I also hope theres gonna be cheats.

17. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    You can only look around if u're using the default camera angle while in a car. Just swipe the center of the screen.

18. Roofy.

Roofy. Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    You can slide your thumb up to do e-brake turns. Thats why it defaults to having the e brake button above the gas. Its alot easier and better than lifting your thumb and hitting the regular brake.

19. ~J~

~J~ Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Software Developer
    London
    Oh my, the memories have well and truly flooded back! I remember buying this 10 years ago, even booking the day off work to see what it would be like and spending the entire weekend just driving, listening to the radio stations and seeing how much I could do.

Can't believe how much of the city layout I remember, it's like returning back home :D

Fantastic game, still utterly an amazing experience.

20. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    #400 Duke Floss, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2011
    Here is the video as promised :)

Please check out the post I made with the video at the link in my sig - it gives some more impressions. I will be posting a full video review at some point as well :)