Universal Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (by Rockstar)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NeppyFX, Dec 5, 2012.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Got past it. I didn't realize that you could drop multiple bombs from each plane :p

2. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    I remember that mission being pretty frustrating. Glad to hear you figured it out.

3. dannythefool

dannythefool Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    In my recollection, the RC missions were harder when I played this for the first time. But that was ten years ago on a laptop with a shoddy touchpad... :p Also this time I already knew that you can sacrifice your planes by flying them into one of the boats when they're about to explode.

The RC plane checkpoint race (did that before the bombing mission) had me confused at first btw. because I couldn't seem to keep it straight. But if you let go of the virtual joystick it'll fly in a straight line on its own (gaining altitude slowly); only touch the joystick when you need to make corrections.

I'm around 6X% now and I've completed the story. No real control issues for me!

4. steviet

steviet Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    tv editor
    London
    Sussed out the problem with custom playlist (tape deck)

Once you've made your playlist, shuffle it in iTunes and then when you get in the car a different song will play each time

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Do you mean that you just need to activate the shuffle function for that list on your iDevice?

6. steviet

steviet Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    tv editor
    London
    What I did was -

Made my playlist in iTunes
    click the shuffle icon in the play bar
    synced my iPad

now every time I go to 'tapedeck' a different song plays

7. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Isn't the Apache in that military base even tho you haven't finished the main game, just that's its a b**ch to get to? Or was that another GTA. Or maybe it was one of the cheats, can't remember...Speaking of anyone found a way to unlock cheats?

8. Platyrrhine

Jan 6, 2012
    That's definitely in San Andreas. I'm not sure about VC. It's certainly much tougher to get into the military base in VC than San Andreas. It may be possible, though.

9. dannythefool

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    Nah it's also in VC, after you collect all 100 packages or complete the main story.

Getting into the base is much easier in VC because soldiers won't shoot at you if you're wearing the cop uniform. But if you don't have the uniform available yet, it's a royal pain to get through to the Hunter and then get the Hunter out without destroying it.

Getting the Rhino is easy though since it's right at the entrance (not from the start, but after 90 packages or something?), and unlike the San Adreas version, invincible once you're in it. Also you don't really get stars for stealing anything so once you're out of reach of the soldiers, people leave you alone. In San Andreas you get five stars for entering the bases.

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Thanks, mate, I'll try that later!

11. Platyrrhine

Jan 6, 2012
    Yes, that was stated. He was asking if it was possible to get into the army base before getting all the packages or finishing the game.

12. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Okay, draw distance is too annoying now! Please can someone give me step by step instructions on how to increase it please? I've got the .set file in HEX editor ready to go!

13. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Its been ages since i played PS2 version but i remember you could find helicopter with rockets in the airport and tank in army base. I cant see either of those now. Strange.

14. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Sanuku pointed out to me that iPod touch 4 is a bad choice for GTA series :( so guess I will deal with GTA 3 laggyness and get gangstar rio when it goes on sale but I did get this so hopefully a iPod 5 is in my bear future

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I found it frustrating with a number of apps which said 'ipod 4 touch compatible' and so often they would crash.

I must admit my new ipod 5th gen is superb, plays any game i throw at it , no crashes. Playing Bastion, Walking Dead - The Game, GTA III and Vice City (And others such as Gears n Guts) is great, before i had so many frustrating crashes with these 'larger' games.

16. dannythefool

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    You can get in, but you won't find the tank or the helicopter there.

You get the cop uniform permanently after you complete Cop Land, but there's an earlier mission where you get it temporarily, so you can get in and be unharmed very early in the game. It's just not that useful because there's little there for you to steal.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA

18. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Cool thanks for the info will go check the studio to see if it's there still just bought the place

19. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn New Member

Dec 10, 2012
    None
    Zombieland, USA
    Not sure what everyone means by GTA III having stability problems. I've owned GTA III on my iPod Touch 4G for probably a year now and it has never crashed or lagged on me once.
    But I can, however, vouch for the people who say Vice City was a bad idea for the iTouch 4G. I can't play for more than five minutes and it crashes. No lag, no warning, just random crash. But, R* is aware of this problem and will probably fix it within a week or two. Hopefully. Either that or I want my five bucks back. They should have warned/tested that beforehand.

20. For some more gameplay on my iPhone 4S watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojc7m1z32ds

It's so awesome to play this game again after so long. Really enjoy myself with this game. And if i'm a little bored i'm playing MC4 or Minigore 2. Awesome release week we had last week!!!!