Universal Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (by Rockstar)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NeppyFX, Dec 5, 2012.

1. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Um.... What? That is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in this argument so far.

Why would it be on PS3? Wouldn't that make it run better? Aren't we talking about how an inferior device makes certain games laggy and how it is apparently the developers' fault?

2. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    ...you clearly said PS3, and although the iPod 4g does have a more powerful graphics card than the PSP, the processor just cannot handle the strain.

And, so you have somehow gotten the IOS Vice City onto a PSP, to make it a fair trial?

3. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    It's a bit choppy on iPad 3 at times. That retina screen's a blessing and a curse.

4. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    We're frustrated because we are talking to a brick wall. Stop being arrogant and deal with it.:rolleyes:

5. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Where do you get your information? Graphics are not the only reason a game uses RAM. There's Draw Distance, the physics engine, the entity count, the entities themselves, the spawns, the base code, and then there is the rules that make the game playable in the first place.

By now you are just spouting nonsense. Try Ranvensword 2 on your iPod, and see if it runs fine there. Point made.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Ravensword was developed from the ground up for iOS with unity, an engine which runs with little resources.

Vice City was developed with RenderWare, an extremely old and limited engine that needs much more in the resource department. Moreover ports always take up more resources than th original; it's one of the laws of video games.

7. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Again, what? Look at JBRUU's post.

Games use RAM to run, only rarely does any game use more than a negligible amount of CPU (saving, for example).

And, you know? As much as I like arguing with uppity people on the Internet, we have given you the solution to your problems over and over: Buy a better device.

8. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Okay, I'm done. Arguing with an ill-informed, self-important fanboy has been fun, but you managed to drain me. If you don't like how this game runs, take it up with the devs. Uninstall it. I don't care. But we on this forum have done as much as we can to help you.

9. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Hahahaha! I think we are talking to a 9 year old kid:D

10. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    I have a feeling he is mentally retarded kid who doesn't understand Sheep:D

11. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Definitely sounds like it.

Back on topic: has anyone ever tried making a bridge across one of the canals with destroyed cars?

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Lmao that's a good idea.

13. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    #713 ThePowerofLava, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    I've done it with the wings of the seaplane, but that's kind of easy to do.

And can we just drop it? Seriously, I'm beginning to think that you both just like to argue.

14. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    I agree, he is in the wrong for that statement, but please, forgive and forget.

15. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    No need to go there, might want to edit that. Mods wont accept that sort of thing

16. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    But in saying that, you prove that you haven't.... Oh never mind, you're making me argue again.

17. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    You don't need to resort to name calling. Here's the bottom line...

iPod touch 4 is nearly 2.5 years old now. Even when it was released, it was not top-of-the-line. If you want to have a device that will run most of the newest graphically intensive games for two years or more, then your only real choices are iPhone and iPad, and you'll need to make your purchase when the device is released. I don't give two <insert feces related expletive of your choice> about what games should and shouldn't run on it. What I care about is irrelevant anyway, but this part is relevant: Rockstar doesn't care either.

We are consumers, and as consumers we take risks in choosing what we consume. It's a revolutionary idea, I know. You can minimize those risks, but you can never eliminate them entirely. Sidgoku, it's safe to say you did not minimize the risk of your purchase, or at least you didn't do so well enough. Now you get to deal with the consequences of your actions - $5 less in the ol' iTunes piggy bank.

It sucks for you that Rockstar misled you or let you down or however it is in your eyes that they wronged you, but guess what... That's life. If you're upset with the limitations of your device, start saving or get a job. Or start brushing up on your programming skills and create your own port of the game that runs on your device to your satisfaction. Hint: it'll be a lot quicker to get a new device.

tl;dr - It sucks, no one is denying that. But that's life and no reciting of benchmarks is going to change how the game runs on your device. The game was not made for iOS. It is a port and that does not mean it will run equally well on this platform than on the original one. I don't know where you got that idea. It is simply false. You lost $5, now it's time to move on.

18. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Then why are you provoking other people ? Also quoting that much and making petty excuses for words just to prolong this nonsense discussion, which has ended 10 posts ago , shows you still got a lot to learn.Sometimes is better to drop discussion and not try to have final word in it, my 2 cents for you.
    Best regards.

19. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Does it boot on iPod 4g? If it does (and it will) then it is "compatible" in the developers eyes.

20. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Welcome to everything when it comes to money.