Greedy Dwarf [Beta Testers wanted]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SleeperCell, Jan 26, 2013.

1. SleeperCell

SleeperCell Member

Jan 26, 2013
    #21 SleeperCell, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    I would just like to say that I am glued to the screen waiting for feedback. And I would also like to say that I am re-reading each mail 10 times. :) Extremely fun!

I have tried replying to them, but im not sure it works. Anybody got any tips about this?

2. SleeperCell

SleeperCell Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Hey guys,

I have question to ask you.

You have tried the game for a little while now, and you know what type of game it is. What would you think if the game didn't have any social features. No facebook share, no leaderbord and such?

Would you miss those features?

3. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Yes, I got your response to my feedback :).

As far as FB and Twitter - I don't care about those personally. I won't play games that require login to thise. Some do like it, though, I guess. But it really will need leaderboards, achievements, etc (Game Center).

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I will get some feedback to the developer in the next day.
    I personally would not miss social media or Game Center features but I know that especially Game Center is really popular so that might be a ding to some users. I think it's safe to ignore Facebook/Twitter integration but you might incur some loss if Game Center is ignored.

5. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    I can't download the beta, it almost finishes installing but then it says unable to download application. ):

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I would miss them, not leaderboards because its not an endless runner but achievements :p

7. imjhonfre

imjhonfre Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    sorry, i dont remember your email :S

Device: iphone 4s 6.1

Level: level 9, playing

Describe what went wrong: when you lose on level 9 and you retry, you cant jump. (in order to avoid this you have to quit lvl and tap it again)

Steps to reproduce (very important)
    - Step1: Load level 9
    - Step2: die
    - Step3: tap retry button (dont quit lvl, just retry it)

8. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I randomly signed up for this beta; but am very pleasantly surprised. This is a polished and fun app. What is the developer e-mail for more precise feedback again?

9. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Same here picked up this beta without even letting the pics load on my device and I'm in awe of the fun gameplay and polish ....great job man. I'm looking into sending you my feedback can you PM me your email...thanks

Ps I don't rely on test flights message service because it never seems to get to the developer.

10. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    Same with lvl 4

11. SleeperCell

SleeperCell Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Heya guys,

Sorry for the absence. Took a short vacation and then got sick for a few days. Now I am all better and ready to analyze the playing and fix the bugs. I dont know if you will find it interesting but I might post the data here for you guys to see. It will probably be in the form of "Xnr of people completed lvl 4", "most deaths happened on pixel 250 on level 2" etc, etc.

In a a few days I think we will be ready with a new build.

Cheers!

12. SleeperCell

SleeperCell Member

Jan 26, 2013
    #32 SleeperCell, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
    Hey

Sorry for the long break. Life got in the way of play... but I have new ready to go.

Whats new:
    - New Tutorial screens
    - New music and FX, though still placeholder, but they play in the right spot.
    - Total score counted added in main menu and level win screens.
    - Gamecenter leaderbords for total score.
    - Level tweaks from beta tester stats.
    - Gamecenter Achievements, only one achievement so far.... and its for starting the game. Hey its still something! :)
    - Fixed major bug that prevented you from steering efter dying in platform mode.
    -Tweaks to levels based on where testers often died.
    - Allows phone orientation change

Please note that I think you have to create a new gamecenter account for it to work in sandbox. I dont recommend that you do that at this time!

Hope you like the changes

13. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Good news! Crescent Moon is officially publishing Greedy Dwarf - really excited about it! More news coming soon. :)

14. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Greedy Dwarf is a great game based on beta testing; a really polished and varied one touch platform runner. It might be Crescent Moon's best acquisition yet.

15. Zeldaniac

Zeldaniac Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Aww, beta's closed. :( If you guys open it up again, I'll be the first to join!

16. SleeperCell

SleeperCell Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Hi Guys

Thanks for your testing so far. Its time for the final build testing, hopefully this one wont have any bugs in it at.

There are some changes in the game, some of them large some of them small. But there has mainly been performance fixes and generally completing the game.

Please download and report any bugs you find through testflight.

Here is the description text for the Appstore. Tell me what you think=)

You know, they called me stupid when I "borrowed" gold from the ol' hag in the forest. They called me mad when stole the big Cyclop´s gold pouch. They called me crazy when I grabbed that golden tooth from Cthulhu. I wonder what they'll call me when I find the Fat Dragon´s chest? You can call me greedy, I don't care. Are you ready for the ride of your life laddy?!

Are you just as greedy? Will you risk your life to get that last gold nugget? Greedy Dwarf features 32 challenging that will keep you swearing under your thick dwarfish beard!

Features:
    - 32 beautiful 3d levels
    - Different modes of play
    - Dynamic music
    - Two control schemes

Cheers guys!

17. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    Do you still need beta testers

18. Zeldaniac

Zeldaniac Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2012
    #38 Zeldaniac, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    This is my edit :)

"You know, they called me stupid when I borrowed gold from the ol' hag in the forest. They called me crazy when I grabbed that golden tooth from Cthulhu. I wonder what they'll call me when I finally get that legendary dragon's chest! You can call me greedy, I don't care. Are you ready for the ride of your life, laddie?!"

Are you just as greedy? Will you risk your life to get that last gold nugget? Greedy Dwarf features 32 challenging levels that will keep you swearing under your beard!

Features:
    - 32 beautiful 3D levels
    - Various gameplay modes
    - Dynamic music that adapts to gameplay
    - Two unique control schemes

19. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    This looks fun.

20. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011