Universal Growtopia (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 10, 2013.

1. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    This. Although not so much screwed up, as screwed over. I mean no offense to you. Nothing personal. Not with you, at least.

2. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Sorry to hear that. I dunno what happened and it's none of my business and don't want to get in the middle of it. But since it's a personal issue between you and Seth, do you think it's fair to take it out on the game?

From what I saw you enjoyed the game.

And from what public ban appeals I've seen, I haven't seen any that didn't involve IAP/TapJoy fraud or hacking/exploit abuse. And my interactions with Seth have all been positive. So from what I've seen, anyway, the customer service has been good.

So whatever has happened between the two of you is probably an isolated case. I'd rather not see other people potentially get turned off because of an issue between a couple people, y'know?

3. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    I agree. I apologize. I won't continue further. And yes, for the most part the customer service is fantastic. But my ban was based upon me PM'ing Seth as to why he did not reward me for helping him find exploits that he had to patch before others did; meanwhile I saw your name every time I logged on. So why was I not mentioned too? I did not use bad language, I simply voiced my opinion strongly. And so he banned me. Now, I ask you, does that seem fair? Not to me. Again, I apologize. The game is actually fantastic, so everyone should give it a try for sure. It's all around fun, so long as you play correctly.

4. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    I just gained even more respect for Seth. Bahah what an awesome guy. I do believe your ban was warranted. Demanding a reward for simply mentioning a bug. Seil has been dedicating his time for weeks, finding new recipes, updating the wiki, posting guides on here and other websites, finding bugs, participating in the beta, building worlds that are an asset to the growtopia community, and you think your on the same level and demand recognition? Gosh some people have a huge sense of self entitlement.

5. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Assuming nothing got out of hand, no I don't think that's fair(I only know your side, and I can't exactly judge a situation with just that). But that's all there is to it - it's between you and Seth and there's nothing I or anyone else can do about it. Hopefully you guys can work it out, if not: sorry =/

Although I've never cared whether I was mentioned or not. Me being mentioned over the clothing seed thing was a surprise, as was my guide receiving a link in the news popup.

The clothing seed thing was a fluke. And as for the guide etc, that's just me doing what I can to help other players out. As long as some people get use out of things like my guide and the SEEDIARY, that's all that matters.

6. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    I did not simply "mention a bug.", you ignoramus. I spent a large amount of time searching for values, editing hex and things that you probably would not even comprehend. Your comment alone proves that you are clueless. I simply wanted even a response from Seth, and went days without one. I was sanctioned by Seth himself. The system was set to notify him of my modification of the client, but not ban me, so that I may explore without the fear of ban. Next time you comment, wait until you know the whole deal.

On the other hand, I have always had the utmost respect for Seil. His work for the community is outstanding, and every one of us appreciates him.

7. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    #227 Tannorexic, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    Hey Seth, I know you don't usually ban scammers, as you'd be banning all day long. But this one guy, "zombie" is truly a douchebag. I sat at his world and watched his scam person after person, I tried to warn people but they don't seem to listen. I told him I video capped the screen and he simply said "so.. Seth won't ban me" and "I'm unbannable, suck my d*ck"

Here's a screencap.. I know there's probably nothing that can be done, but I thought I'd try. I feel sorry for the kids he scammed. These kids actually beg their parents to buy them IAP then these scammers come along and don't even buy anything, just scam off everyone else who actually do buy IAP, then they get away Scot free. It's really quite sick that the people who do support the game get scammed, and these people who don't get the higher privilege. I hope someday you punish some scammers somehow, just so they don't think they're invincible, that's be like living in a Town with no law, we'd all steal if there was no law against it, just ban a few of them to scare the others?? Some people who regularly buy IAP may stop after being scammed. It needs to be addressed somehow. I know policing every trade is far too hard, and a trade system is probably coming anyway.. But all I ask is to give some sort of a punishment to the severe scammers so others might think twice before scamming.

Edit - Ill upload it on Facebook because I can't on here

8. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Woah, did Seth actually ask you to screw around with the code? Isn't that unlawful? In the AppStore t&c it forbids that kinda stuff... Unless you were specifically asked by the devs?

9. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    Seth IS the dev... And I offered, he agreed. But that's not my point. The point is, he banned me for saying something he didn't agree with, that's pretty lame.

10. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    #230 visionwebs, Jan 23, 2013
    Im not here to get involved.

But I do recognise the name reaper monkey and if you are who I think you are, I want to thank you for the signal jammer.

Im making very good use out of it!

-----------

To every one else:

Please visit the world PORTALS
    I'm making a catalogue style world of doors for every one with public worlds they want to share.
    It's different from other basic door worlds because it is organised into sections, types of worlds including houses, games, shops and even a new concept of storage banking that I'm slowly working on for the sensible gamers in GROWTOPIA.

MSG me even if I'm not in PORTALS to get your world added to the list of doors, my character is named Brechnor

11. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    I hate to admit this, but there is a bug at the moment where if you buy the 50 coin 5 seed pack, it gives you 10 seeds. Even though it pains me to mention it, because I can no longer get double the seeds for my buck, don't sorry, I wont go "reapermunky" on your ass and demand a reward and recognition xD

12. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    Hey Brech! Yeah, that was me! I'm glad you're getting good use out of it. It's a shame what happened in CASTLEMANIA. Bunch of thieves in the game. No respect! Lol. It's good to hear things are going well for you. All the best! :)

13. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    Exactly my point. All you did was point out a glitch; whereas I was actually doing work. You didn't do anything except play the game and come across something. How many times did you do your little "glitch" before actually mentioning it? I'll bet a good amount. Don't talk about things you know nothing of, it's not appreciated. You don't know what went on behind the scenes, and I don't owe it to you to tell you. Just mind your own business.

14. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Could we stop all of the back and forth, please? I doubt people are looking for fighting when checking a thread for a game.

This goes for everyone, no snarky remarks from either side. It's none of anyone else's business, and stirring things up isn't going to do anything but cause flaming and arguing over something that isn't even game discussion.

It's just derailing the thread. Throwing another punch won't end a fight when no one can be knocked out. It's just going to go on and on. Only way to stop it is to let it go.

15. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    I agree Seil, but only if he does. I can't just sit and let a guy figuratively take a crap on me, you know? Okay.

On the bright side, we're in the hot section on TA again! Hopefully that'll get more people playing. :p

16. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Lol just 5 minutes ago you were dissing Seth saying this game is a failure and the thread is dead. Choosing the good old suck up route now eh?
    U mad bro?

17. Jordanrracer

Jordanrracer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    I got banned two days after the game came out. I messed with the game's code for some home-made hacks like zooming out farther, trying to go through tiles (no-clip), etc. I assumed I'm not getting unbanned and I totally respect that.

Let's be honest though. Who the hell thinks it's their right to hack a game, and expects a reward for breaking the game's rules in the code files?

I'm an hacker, and I get more entertainment out of hacking than playing a game, just like I do out of Moderating a game rather than playing it. It's just me, and my hobby. If I get banned, no sweat, they own the game, they control it.

I run a Left 4 Dead 2, Minecraft, GMod Beta, & Terraria server quite often and only manage them for cash. I get excellent reviews, around $80 per week, and when I notice someone's hacking, obviously I ban them. Can't blame a hacker for having fun, I would to on someone else's server.

I still read this thread even though I can't play Growtopia anymore for my case, but jolly, the game's incredibly interactive and fun compared to other online community iPhone games.

For Seth, and Seil, the ones managing the game the most at the moment, I congratulate your success and hope for the best of you, and the game. I rate the game 4/5 stars, but is likely to change when major updates are released.

-J

18. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    #238 repapermunky, Jan 23, 2013
    Dude. You're not even worth it. Grow up. Bye.

@Jordanrracer You see, I feel the same way. I enjoy hacking more than the game itself. But the point is I GOT HIS PERMISSION; and helped Seth patch the no-clip hack. That was me. And then he banned me for saying something. That's what I'm complaining about. A developer who acts like a child. I was not banned for hacking. I was banned for speaking my mind. If you guys honestly want, I'm going to end this all by showing what really happened later on. To stop all this nonsense. I can't ATM, but I'll let you know.

None of you are understanding why I'm hating on him. It's because his ban was due to something I said that he didn't like. That's childish. If I was banned for simply hacking, I too, would not complain.

19. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Lighten up bro. A little bit of light sarcasm never killed anyone. I'm just taking the piss. :)

20. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Stop. Please.

Continuing this isn't going to go anywhere positive. Just end it. We already have a couple pages of this. We don't need more.

The initial posts were instigating and trolling. He admitted to it, explained his reasons and said he would stop.

But he has every right to get upset when people are throwing his name around. The only way to end it is for everyone to drop it, even if you feel you're in the right.