GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by sicksilvo, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #21 Rip73, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    The first GT Racing is F2P so it was only automatic that this one would be also. It may have started out as premium but it just didn't monetize until it was converted to F2P.

And it is obvious that it is chasing RR3 ("The Real Car Experience") but despite the reaction to it, RR3 has still made an awful lot of money. Some bad recent changes but still.

I don't expect this to be quite so severe at all but I think we'll have to expect dual currencies and timers.

As for a couple of comments on the physics, I'm not quite sure how in a one minute teaser, anything at all can be determined about the physics.
    Maybe basing it on Gameloft's recent higher attention to details and proper inclusion of decent physics engines might be a better idea.
    In that case we can assume that the final game will indeed be very good in that area. There was a lot of effort put in to the first one, not great by today's standards but for its time decent enough, so considering the higher standards of today, we should expect it to be up there or close to the best.

Plus the selection of cars already looks good. The Mercs themselves are nice, but Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bugatti, Ruf to name but a few more will make for a very nice list.

Locations and tracks are going to be real as well so should make for a must have title in reality.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Havok. You know, the same physics engine used in Skyrim, BF3, Fallout, BioShock, Dishonored, and hundreds of other AAA games.

3. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    I don't have any information on iOS 7 controller support at the moment. If I find anything out about it I'll let you know. It's still a relatively new feature available to Devs.

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sorry to be the one to point this out but A8 uses the Bullet physics engine.
    Sorry.

It did turn very well in A8 which surprised me a little bit I have to say, even though that preconception was a bit unfair because I am biased towards Havok.

I'd be happy with either one at this stage. Obviously more tuned to realism but either way based on their last few games, I have zero concerns about the physics (be it either engine) as that area is definitely one (of many) that Gameloft have hugely stepped up their game.

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #25 JBRUU, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    Really? When I heard there was a "new physics engine" (more like "a physics engine", but that's been done to death elsewhere) I just assumed it was Havok. Thanks for pointing that out.

As a side note, I need to start proof reading my posts before hitting submit - I must've edited this thing 5 or 6 times.

6. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Havok would be just half the story, it comes down to how it's used and such.

It's too early to say much if anything about how GT2 will handle and play.

7. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    We actually use our own engine that we have built in-house. All of our games, except Wildblood, have used our engine :)

8. megasiech

megasiech Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    i like simulation GT racing much more then the Arcade Asphalt games .. but please make a virtuel joypad /stick and not this wheel to steer

9. TheGrimCreeper

TheGrimCreeper Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    When I saw the teaser trailer, all I thought was "Mercedes commercial".

10. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    The first GT Racing had pretty much all control options you can think of, so I'm sure this one will too. My personal favorite is tap left/right side of the screen to steer, auto acceleration and 2 buttons for braking.

11. San

San Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Marketing Group Manager, Global. Gameloft HQ
    Paris
    The game uses its own physic engine. It's the most elaborated physic engine Gamelfot has ever developed for a racing game.

12. megasiech

Nov 27, 2011
    #32 megasiech, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    + a manual configuration but the problem you cant make this left/right with braking & accelaration button together .the automatic speed is bad for a simulatioin (same RR3) and confuse the steering physic.

left& right touch to steer its ok . i like to buy this anyway for my Archos gamepad on Android where i can map the touch control to the real Buttons. but .the wheel works bad and Auto-acc. are *meh* .. :eek:

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Ah, that is excellent news San. And very, very interesting.
    Thanks very much for that.
    Consider my anticipation and interest heavily tweaked now.

Best of luck with it.

14. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    We are partnered with Mercedes Benz for this game and they have some pretty cool looking cars. We just wanted to show them off in the trailer :)

I think the physics are great in GTR2 from what I've experienced. I'm sure you all won't be let down by that!

15. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. megasiech

Nov 27, 2011
    last picture... :eek: ..beats RR 3 ...#believe

17. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Hopefully it's not a static image or camera inside the car, if you watch the trailer, any clip taken from the driving seat is a static camera :(

I really hope this is not setup like RR3 especially after it's latest updates 'streamlining' the game to levels of rubbish.

18. yUlek

yUlek Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Yes, especially first and last car(in rear mirror) with no shadows :rolleyes:

19. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    The car in the mirror has a shadow alright. And since we are being so picky here, the sun is behind the first car, so it should have no shadow behind or on the sides of it, only a shadow infront of it, which you cant see because of the fence, maybe?

20. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    so far looks good, but please put a option there to disable those annyoing pictures of every person you race with