GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by sicksilvo, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    #41 Gameloft_Ryan, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    I'll have to look in the menus and see if there is an option to do that already. I'll edit this post after I finish some reports with the answer :)

EDIT: Haven't seen the ability to disable the pictures yet but I did get the size for you all if you're interested. The current build I have is sitting at right around 1 gig.

2. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    oh well sadly i will have to get used to it again maybe that option could come in some update

So far 1gb is pretty good in my opinion, Ryan could you said as well how many tracks are in so far?

One more thing like most cars sims is there options to disable all of the assist correct?

3. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Yeah, 1gb isn't bad at all :) There are 14 tracks and yes, you can turn off the assist options on the track and everything like that if you don't want it to be there. So fear not veterans of car sims, you'll be dusting me and my perfect-route-using self in no time.

4. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Looks lovely. Free always worries me, especially these days, but I'll hold out hope for the best. Thanks for the info, Ryan!

5. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    No problem. I think the balance is in a decent spot right now for a Free title after playing through the early stages of the game. Obviously, things are still being tweaked but I've got high expectations!

6. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I'm going to expect to see some kind of replaying races at some point of the game which is not a bad thing is there is reason outside of grinding, like perfecting your times, finally earning first, testing out that new car or parts, I did this a lot back with gran turismo 1 and 2 on the psx

7. megasiech

megasiech Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    #47 megasiech, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    hhmm ..but i can see the Shadows :

[​IMG]

:cool:

a pic from RR3:

[​IMG]

lol

8. rikku

rikku Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Male
    Planet
    Looks cool, but seeing how Gameloft's freemium practices are often even worse than EA's, I'll reserve my judgement until I get my hands on it.

9. 4004

4004 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Belarus
    Oh well, look who is jumping on the social-sim-racing bandwagon :)
    Was holding out for a sequel for quite some time, and here it is, disappointing for now. I can only hope it's a beta and all that.
    First, visuals. They were pretty good in GT1. But hey, it's 2013. Mirrors and bloom, it still looks worse than RR3, even worse than 2KD. Interior is just meh. Weather effects, though, GT1 heritage!
    Physics. Well, cars in the video(due to MB sponsorship?:)) handle like trains (pocket rains, yay, it's out). I cant see any suspension action or sliding. Maybe gameloft drivers are that good.
    What else do we care about in a racing game? Cars. Quite many, but not as many as RR. Tracks. These actually seem well done, might be some Asphalt assets.
    I still hope it turns out to be a premium exprience(there WILL be IAP, just how many of them), who knows.

10. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    It's a huge shame that RR3 went the way it has though, they completely changed how you unlock cars and what leagues you can race in, turning it from a pick and choose to a do as I say or gtfo linear path.

It might look better and make good money on the app store but it for sure pisses me off, if GT racing 2 is more like asphalt 6, 7 and 8 then that is already tons better for me.

As for handling, well we need to play it first but I do agree the car's look rather arcade-ish in some shots.

11. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    I think the handling in this game is definitely different than Asphalt 8 and for good reason, this is a sim racer, not an arcade racer. I feel like it requires more skill then what you might need to succeed in Asphalt 8. So in that regard, I don't think you'll be disappointed :)

I'm also seeing a lot of comments on the looks and I've got to say the car models in this game look better than the car models in A8, at least that's my opinion. I might be a little biased but I really think the trailer is nice and all but actually seeing the stuff in game is a whole other story!

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yeah, I think it'll actually look great Ryan.
    A teaser trailer doesn't tell us half the story so I'm definitely looking forward to the release version.
    And the teaser can't tell us anything at all what so ever about the physics so I am a tad confused how people are judging the physics from it.
    Plus, I'll trust ya:) and what you're saying just might be exactly what I'm looking for in it.

13. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    :D Hopefully we'll be able to see some more soon! I'm trying to see what additional information I can get for you all.

14. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    News & Original SC

According to PocketGamerFR game will be relaesed in November.

Partnership has been signed with prestigious manufacturers such as Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Audi, Ferrari and Citroën.

"Whether in classic mode, duel, KO or racing over 1400 events will be available in 28 challenges updated weekly. Wanting to be more realistic than ever, Gameloft promises "more realism than ever" line and a control system with four angles (one interior)."

"Free-to-play, however there is no waiting times like in Real Racing 3 , although there will undoubtedly be in-app purchases. Finally, we note that some races may happen several times during the day with weather variables."

Original post updated on page 1.

To be fair. screenshots I posted few pages back were resized. So here are untouched (from GLBlog), resolution hints they are taken from iPhone 5 (1136 x 640)

Attached Files:

15. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    That little info about no wait timers is good news indeed, but man November? I was expecting October at least

16. 4004

4004 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Belarus
    I hope they improve the visuals. I really do

17. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #57 Rip73, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    Why?
    What exactly is wrong with the visuals?
    They are pre release beta screenshots and will look better in final release but what exactly is so wrong with them right now?

They may not be up to RR3 in car models and I don't expect them to be but they are certainly closer than most and look better in relation to the environments.
    I just don't get what the problem is.
    Especially as it won't be out for another two months anyway which means polish will still be applied.

Have a look at the detail in the headlights on the Merc in full screen. That's a lot of detail.

@Silvo, thanks for all that info and that article. My French is very poor so I couldn't quite get it but the no timers info is great news really, so thanks.

18. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    I definitely think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the visuals :)

19. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    Hopefully we get to see 16 car grids in races, back with GT1 the car amount was different on iphone and 2g touch then it was on 3gs due to ram and power.

20. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    I'm not aware of any game play changes for different devices at the moment. I imagine I'll know more closer to launch after seeing the final build.