GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by sicksilvo, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #61 sicksilvo, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    Info from hands-on article (no video)

GT Racing 2: Hands-on preview
    (It's a informative article, I recommend you read it if you are interested in GTR2)

Game Features​

(what we know so far)​

CARS

• Discover a superb collection of 67 cars from 35 manufacturers (at launch) including Mercedes-Benz with 4 prestigious models:
    - Mercedes-AMG SLK 55
    - Mercedes-AMG SLS
    - Mercedes-AMG GT3
    - Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing
    • Prestigious manufacturers such as Mercedes-Benz, Bugatti, Hyundai, Nissan, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Dodge, BMW, Fiat, Alfa Rome, Citroën etc.
    • Seven tiers of cars.

LOCATIONS

• 13 different settings (everywhere from Laguna Seca, Lake Como, Tokyo, Glen Canyon etc. to fictional tracks)

REALISM

• 4 weather/time conditions (day, night, twilight, rain)
    • Cars feature 20-times more polygons than the original GT Racing.
    • Physics engine that was built entirely from scratch.
    • Real-time damage that includes everything from bent fenders to slammed front ends.

CUSTOMIZATION
    • Superior engine modifications enabling you to fine-tune your ride — from top-speed to handling. (acceleration, speed and handling)
    • Turn on or off assistance for both steering and braking.
    • Change the color of the vehicles.

MULTIPLAYER & EVENTS
    • Asynchronous online multi-player.
    • 1,400 events.

IAP
    • Cars
    • Engine modifications
    • Power ups (one-time upgrades apply only to current race)

Original post updated on page 1.

You're welcome :)

Forgot to include some features, will add them later.

@Ryan

Please correct if you find mistakes.

Also can you confirm 4 different viewing angles (car cam) & will there be 28 new challenges every week or there is 28 challanges and they are updated on weekly basis?

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    ^ All of that sounds like we're going to get a new sim racing king on iOS in November.

3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Agreed, my excitement level for this is getting much higher!

4. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
    From IphoneItalia

(rough translation)
    "We asked if GT Racing 2 wants to mimic most famous racer on the App Store, Real Racing 3, Gameloft responded: "GT Racing 2 is the sequel to a popular car racing game released by us in 2010. We worked on GT Racing 2 for more than 14 months before Real Racing 3 was announced."

Real Racing 3 was announced on Aug 2, 2012 which means GTR2 has been (and still is) in development for over 2 years and 3 months!

Post above & on page one has been updated with some more info about car manufacturers, locations & IAP.

Release date however is still unknown, November is not confirmed & I've seen 2 sites mentioning end of the year - One of them is Gamelofts Blog Australia.

5. megasiech

megasiech Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    thanks for the infos ! ..my smile getting bigger &bigger :D

6. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    single race power ups? there goes legit leaderboards and time trials.

7. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Aha, I knew you and me would be on board straight away anyway:)

8. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Always on the lookout for some great racing, and this looks like it will fit the bill just nicely. :)
    I'll be seeing you trackside!

9. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
    Images from test build

Here is a massive gallery from test build of GTR2, courtesy of AndroidWorld.it

Click Here For Pictures

They even did a side by side comparison of GTR2 vs. Asphalt 8​

If you know Italian, please help translate this part:

Rough translation:

"To do this we also hire a team of mechanics ( from the names somewhat sarcastic ) who will take care of the development of our cars. The mechanism is similar to that seen in Real Racing 3 , but as in the title published by EA Games, will be sufficient turns behind the wheel of the car in our garage mind waiting for the end of the work of mechanics. Consider then that the initial series, the setup will last very little."

10. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    This is looking fantastic! I cannot wait!!

11. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    Those images look so good.

12. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    #72 Gameloft_Ryan, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    Yep there are 4 different viewing angles. I don't have any information on the challenges right now. I'll have to wait and see what information is given to me on it as we near release :)

EDIT: Just heard back and there will be new challenges every week. Each week you will be eligible to win a variety of prizes as well.

EDIT 2: The viewing angles are: Close view from outside the car, Far view from outside the car, Inside the car view with standard in car HUD and a 1st person POV with no in car HUD.

Everyone has access to those single race power ups, so how does that make the leader boards and time trials illegitimate?

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    That translation is close enough to accurate so it does imply mechanics and car repairs which is to be expected with a real damage model.
    How that translates to timers, or if it has timers, is unclear but he does specifically say its far easier and more lenient than RR3 and that one will have plenty of cars to drive while one is repairing. Looks kinda like its a team of mechanics that you hire rather than flat timers but that might be wrong.
    I'm happy enough about how it sounds. Seems closer to early RR3 which was substantially better and more involving and a lot easier to progress than the current version.

As always Silvo, thanks very much, we must you a job in research somewhere because you're definitely good at it.:)

On the game, it looks fantastic even in that early (ish) build. The tester doesn't appear to have mastered the controls yet, looks like he was steering too much but the damage model, track camber, environments and lighting are all top notch.

And a huge number of events. This thing is gonna be on device for a long time.
    Should be great.

Plus, it's got Ferrari's.

14. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    Maybe I jumped the gun but I presumed they were with real cash only, some other racers do that to give the player an edge in trade of real cash, and it sucks when done like that.

15. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    There are some single race power ups that you can purchase with the real cash currency, however those don't affect car performance. They are things like increased credit generation or increased star reward rate. Based on the build I have no hard currency power ups affect your car's ability to win a race :)

16. Diablohead

Jan 19, 2009
    This is really good to hear, thank you again Ryan.

BTW you have the same name as myself :p

17. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    No problem dude, that's why I lurk and post! Outside of Alfredo Von Wigglesworth, Ryan is the best name to have!

18. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
    @Rip73 @Ryan Thank you

Sorry guys, but best name in gaming industry must be Kiki Wolfkill! :)
    She is an executive producer at 343 Industries.

19. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
  20. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    This looks excellent! That night race is beautiful. Excuse me while I go wipe the drool from my chin :)